It is currently Wed Aug 23, 2017 10:11 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post subject: New introduction
PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2010 11:00 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

I have been lurking around this forum for a while now and thought it was time to introduce myself. I have been on suboxone for about 3 years after an 8 year addiction to pain killers including vicodin, percs, oxycontin, etc. I have been to two different inpatient drug and alcohol rehabilitation centers and attended NA/AA for two years. I went off suboxone for a short time after about a year and decided it would be better for me to stay on it long term, although I may make at some time in the future decide to try and go off of it again. For now it is working for me and I am taking things one day at a time. I stopped attending NA/AA a little over a year ago due to conflicts with the suboxone and have really missed the companionship of other people who understand where I am at in my life. It is nice to have found a place where people are sharing with each other honestly and honoring the various recovery programs that are available to us. Like I have seen many of you say, suboxone has saved my life and I will be forever grateful that it is an option for me. Thanks for reading!

Meg

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2010 2:40 am 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Hi and welcome! I hear what your saying we are missing that fellowship which is na/AA kind of sucks suboxone has to be outcast like it is. I really wish people would just except how much suboxone helps people fight there addiction. I mean people have to take medication every day to survive so what's the big deal about us taking a medication to survive.

Post subject: Hello - New to the forum
PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2010 11:12 am 
New Poster
New Poster

Hello, I thought I would introduce myself to the forum. I am 47 years old and also a recovering addict (Vicoden) and have been on Suboxone for a little over 5 years now and like so many I am so glad I discovered Suboxone. I look forward to reading what I am sure are many interesting subjects on this forum.

Our Sponsors
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2010 12:45 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Welcome to the forum. Many of us understand your feelings about meetings, suboxone was not acceptable in recovery with 12 step meetings in my locale, so I stopped going and found other support that was helpful to my recovery.Good to see you here.

Post subject: Welcome!!!
PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2010 2:09 pm 
Super-Duper Poster
Super-Duper Poster

Hi Mirjilon,
Hello & Welcome to the Forum.... We are glad you are here. I think you will find alot of interesting people out here. Actually the Dr. that started this whole thing is still very much involved and from time to time will chime in on many topic's....There are many threads to choose from so I'm sure you can find something you are interested in!! Please feel free to roam around the site and get "comfortable" if you have any questions just ask there are pleanty of people out here willing to help. Again we are glad your here and please keep coming back and posting so we can keep up with each others progress.... Best of luck in your continued Recovery.... :)

p.s. Hello to you also Brighteyes I didn't realize you started this thread untill I posted :( Sorry about that. Well Welcome to you also and the same goes for you. Please enjoy the site and keep posting when you can.!!!

God Bless
TW