It is currently Fri Aug 18, 2017 4:15 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2011 7:44 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

OK for me this is like another repeat of the past in short form,things pretty much started for me in 69 when i got hit by a car at age 9,died but lived,by a speeding drunk driver.In those days the hippies from the sixties was the generation for me to form a bad ass drug & alcoholic lifestyle,(and I did)but coming from an alcoholic family at 9 and with 2 broken legs and pelvis continuous pain meds for me were mostly pot and booze/valiums,and of course the long hair headband comes with the acid,PCP,purple haze,pyramid and every other drug that became available mixed in with living life as now handicapped and growing into teenage looking for girls i would need a leverage and all the good girls so i thought at the time loved any mind altering substance as so did i,anyways that went on for many years and yea can guess that i wasn't heading into the life of becoming a lawyer or anyone that society would probably except as good, with the exception of other fellow drinkers and druggies,i kept the drugging part pretty much on the low pro until after enough dui's and trouble with the law that i finally quit drinking about 14 years ago,I was proud to be considered an alcoholic by the state at age 16 but was in denial about my drug problem I married my child hood neighbor and we had 4 children together and believe it or not by some miracle we are still together,kids have grown up but I'm still around 30 in my head,when i quit the alcohol it was done with fear of long term jail and losing family and some months of alcohol counseling along with my knowledge of how i acted under the influence for all those years,It sunk in and I wanted desperately to drive legally for once before i die,so that went pretty good,the AA meeting thing didn't do anything for me but I'm not against it in any way shape or form,so the past 10 I was leading most to believe i was clean and sober including myself until the coke and oxys finally got the best of me and my whole family life,i say 10 years because due to the suboxone of the last 4 years I'm calling myself clean again,i was doing an excess of eight 80's a day for a couple years toward the end and if i hadn't pissed dirty too many times with my DR. he probably would still be writing me all the 40's and 20's and percocet in between today,but he was dead set against me mixing a half oz of crack with all the meds,Now i can see why,but the day he said this was the last prescription he will ever write for me even after all the begging and crying that's when the WHAT THE FUCK AM I GOING TO DO HIT ME,capitol OUCH!plus i still had to figure out how to come down and feed my wife too,With all that in mind I hit the road the next day DR. shopping for a way to get off or stay on the pain meds,keeping in mind that i do have leg and nerve issues so pain is a factor but not to the extreme i was using,timing was of essence and after long days at hospitals and drug and alcohol centers i finally got pointed to a suboxone treatment center that had just started only a couple weeks into my journey,that was in 2007,so i had months in outpatient counseling going on but i was still striving the street for suboxen,anyways its been a godsend,I don't believe suboxone would have gotten me here today alone i did and do feel that it is a two/three part pill meaning that along with the treatment of suboxone i needed counseling side by side,the third part is i had to separate my lifestyle of so called friends,yea know the people places things in order for my head and attitude to change with the support of the orange sign,well 16 mil a day and now the ween down after almost 4 years,as most might know by now there are new rules that evolve as us guinea pigs feed info about what works and what the scientist feel is the answer,so for now that's the long short of it and as we go we go in depth so any ways i think i can fairly say IBenThere2,

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2011 8:10 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Hello and welcome to the forum. I'm happy you found us and decided to post. Thank you for sharing your story. Although it's unique to you, we all have much of it in common. I'm also glad you found suboxone and that it helped you in getting your life together, so to speak. Again, welcome and I hope you stick around and keep posting. :)

-I'm only responsible for what I say, not for what you understand.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2011 8:29 am 
One Month or More
One Month or More

Welcome and Congrats on finding suboxone and turning your life around! Definitely not an easy thing to do! I can relate to having to drop the friends that are using still. My mom and best friend are still in active addiction. I have been able to separate myself from my friend but my mom is a whole other story!
Anyway...best of luck and welcome!