It is currently Tue Aug 22, 2017 1:04 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post subject: New Here
PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2013 4:46 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

I am new here and I'm not a big talker so I won't take up too much space here. I'm a Pill Addict and have been for 18 years now. I want my life back. Started Suboxone last Wed. The Doc gave me three 8mg strips per day. I'm never satisfied with normal dosing so I always have ta take more like a Dummy! I am out of Suboxone totally today...I had 2 yesterday...Cannot believe I'm not sick! I have to make it till tomorrow at 9am...Please wish me luck...Will I get sick before then? I do want to start taking it right! Thanks For Reading!!

PS: Forgot to mention my last strip was at 9am yesterday morning.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2013 9:39 pm 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

Hey we have all over taken before.
Mostly at the begining. You will make it to your docs ok.
Chances are you have plenty in you to make it.
The half life of sun should see to that..

I strougly suggest that READ and learn about the med you are taking my friend.
It works wonders but really look at how this works.
Please go to the Talk Zone an read Dr Junigs blog.
Its all there plus take a look at his vidios too..sorry i cant link.
Good luck an hang in there. There are many threads and people here to help you im sure others
Will chime in soon.....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2013 3:15 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Thanks a lot for your reply Razor53!
I have slept a few hours and thought I would check in here to see if I had any replies. Bingo, reading your reply has me feeling Much Better! I thought this stuff was going to ware off at any time. I'm going to take ur advice and do a lot of reading tomorrow...er today, it's 3:13am lol...gona get some more sleep Hopefully!! Thanks Again!!

Our Sponsors
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2013 1:45 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

ZoSo - Did you make it to your doctors? I'm confused at when your doctor appointment is, for some reason I thought you posted Monday and your appointment was Tuesday? So is your appointment Thursday morning (tomorrow)? Sorry, it's been a long week for me lol. Nonetheless- you shouldn't have much of a problem making it thru until tomorrow morning. The half life of subs is pretty long and you are on a high dose (not to mention taking more on top of that high dose). I wouldn't knock yourself too much for taking more than you should have, we have all done it. I just had a post about running out early as well. The biggest thing is to educate yourself about this medication, like Razor said. There is a lot of info on this site in the form of blogs and posts. Also, take this as a lesson. Taking more will do nothing for you, it's mostly a mental thing. It's just part of being an addict and trying to get past those addict behaviors. One of those behaviors is taking more medication for instant gratification. You are probably used to taking something whenever you are feeling down or need a pick me up, something about your day is not going very well, you get stressed about something....there are a lot of triggers. Try to figure out what your triggers are. Once you can start identifying them, you can work on doing other things to get your mind off of them and move past them :) When that overwhelming feeling comes where you feel like you need to take more.....do something...anything! Turn on some music, call a friend, go visit a friend, do some dishes or laundry....whatever you can until that feeling passes and it will pass :) That was advice given to me and it's one of the best pieces of advice I can share. You just started taking this medication, so give yourself time to adjust.....and like Razor said, read and learn about the medication you are taking :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2013 2:16 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Thank You Mizzme For the suggestions! I posted this thread yesterday Tuesday the 11th. I made it to my Doc's today as soon as they opened at 9:00. I get there and they do the Weight, Blood Pressure\Heart Rate stuff. Then I do the urine test…No Problem I am clean! Then I sit in a room for over an hour…Bull cause I was the first one there…Anyway, make a long story short, I went in and saw Doc. On Monday to see if I could get more strips. I had no idea I had maxed out and she could do NOTHING for me…So they knew I didn’t have Suboxone for 2 days and I’m sure they were chit chatting about that, because today she sent in a shrink before I saw her. He asked me all kinda stuff that I didn’t mind telling him about my Addictions…Asked what I’ve came off of so I tell him Oxy 80’s Percocet 10’s and 100mg Fentanyl Patches. So he says why did you take 4 ta 5 strips some days? I said I felt like I needed them and didn’t realize I could not get anymore “Which I sure as Heck do now!” He says, you have gone over 48 hours without anything?? I say Yes. He said You Should Be In Full Withdraw without this long…I say, well I’m defiantly not feeling to great! He leaves the room and I hear him outside more or less saying I was a Liar…WoW, REALLY P’s me off!! O well, I never wana see this dude again…I finally see my Doc at around 11:30 and she is really cool…I say I will never do this again! She’s like ok! I’m going to give you three for today too because I know your short…She’s Nice…I really like her! Sorry if I rambled to long!! Anyway, all is good now, and Thank You All!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2013 6:03 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

I wanna chime in here and tell you some experiences I've had with doctors...that sounds like I doctor-shop for Suboxone, but I really don't...I've been on Sub for 5 years (july 7 2008)...and of that 5 years, the first was a doctor at a methadone clinic. Got me in the door for Sub treatment to see how it worked, and I'm grateful for that...but you don't wanna do a methadone clinic for sub treatment. Then there's the whole stigma of using a methadone clinic...so that adds to the reasoning.
I couldn't keep affording the cost of going to the methadone clinic, so I missed appointments. Once I missed two appointments in a 6-month period, I was booted (because I couldn't run in and pay them $160/week, plus the cost of 17 Sub 8mg/2mg pills a week...).

So I found a doctor in a town about an hour away. Started monthly visits...and I wasn't totally serious with my treatment, took too much..would run out early...even drank some lortab cough syrup once and got caught with that in my urine....this is what got me at this doctor. He tested me in February...saw where there was hydrocodone in my system....told me on my next visit that he needed me to come weekly until he was sure I wasn't taking anything else...
Now we weren't in great financial shape at this time, and I was having to borrow a vehicle to go to this doctor...so I wasn't happy with myself...but I said OK....whatever to stay in treatment. He said he wouldn't charge me for every visit and I would just have to get my meds a week at a time after I took each urine test.
He LIED like hell. Every visit I went to him, he charged me $110. For SEVEN fking weeks in a row, this guy made me come and pay him $110 a week...by the 8th week I was PISSED beyond being rational...and I pitched a fit. So I was given a refund for that visit..and told that i would get a couple visits free the following months, and that I could return to coming monthly now...
So...I made two more visits. The last visit, I took a check to pay for treatment, just as I had done every month before..and was told that policy changed since last visit and they couldn't accept it. I had no cash on me, and the only thing he would do was write me 4 days of meds until I could borrow a car AGAIN to bring him the cash instead of the check...and he held the check.
So he wrote me 24 subs...and I had to bring the cash if I wanted the rest of that month's supply....
This was IT for me. I had enough of that greedy bastard playing me like a puppet. I admit, I did wrong with the cough syrup...but I was sick and didn't abuse it to try and get high...I took it for a cold. But that's just an excuse too...so I bit the bullet and paid dearly for it.
The check crap...that was NOT my fault. HOW the hell was I supposed to know they changed policy since my last appointment. Had I ever had a bad check? HELL NO. Did they call and say "Policy has changed and we take cash only now"....HELL NO. Just waited until I showed up, then stuck me good with forcing me to return if I wanted my meds. I didn't write a bad check...the check was good..but I couldn't just come back the next day either...had NO CAR.
So I went down there at 7am to pick up my meds on that 4th day...and I let him know that he had pushed me out the door and I would NEVER come back to him. I had already found another doctor by then, and I just needed my meds to get until that appointment...so I was beyond done with that guy.
And I changed doctors again..this time for a doctor locally...15 minutes away. He had JUST moved into this areas office...and was providing Sub treatment. I explained the financial situation..and he was compassionate, told me that he would help me out, since I was already on Sub, he wouldn't charge me an induction visit..and would just make me come see him every 3 months as long as I did what I should and the urine tests were OK....
I was SET...he kept his word too...on top of that, since he was new, he had no idea what the patient assistance program was with Reckitt..and of course he didn't have 3 patients on it...so he helped me get into that, where I received my meds free for 9 months.
Fast forward...I stayed with him for 3 1/2 years. Just a couple months ago, my 12 year-old daughter broke her ankle and needed an ortho doctor...so I called one that was near my doctor (whom had switched to his Birmingham office in October of 2012, and all patients had to come to that location, 45 minutes away)..
And when I called, they said they were in the same building as my doctor...I was like "WOW...my appointment is a week from now...so lets kill 2 birds/one stone. I moved my appt to be the same day as my daughters. They were literally next door to each other in the building..one doorknob was my doctor...the next doorknob over was my daughters ortho doc.
When I went into this appt...my doctor was on his period, didn't get some of that pretty secretarial ass the night prior...ran over his dog and wife that morning...or had someone literally shove a corn cob up his ass SIDEWAYS..because he was a pure son-of-a-bitch to me. NEVER had a bad urine test...never called and said "I'm out of meds early...I messed up..."
I never had one single hiccup with him....and suddenly because i was a week early...he was the purest form of asshole ever invented. Told me I made a mistake and had to pay for it....and that now, I couldn't have refills and needed to come monthly until he saw I was not taking too much...
I tried to explain that the pharmacy still had a refill of my meds...because when I filled the script they didn't have enough. They only had 50 of the 75 he wrote...so they gave me that 50. The next month, I got the whole 75...which left me with ...HOW MANY CLASS????? 25 ....YES..that's right.
I told him I had 25 left at the pharmacy. Do you know what this fuckin idiot said????
"your script is for 75, not 25...so you can't be telling the truth..."
I was like..floored. Couldnt' speak. I was backed into a corner and finally just said "Fuck it"...
Took my LESSENED script...he reduced me from 75 to 56 because of this "mistake" i made..and i had to return in 3 1/2 weeks instead of getting refills like I had been doing for the past 3 years...
I told the RN out front what happened...she said "the pharmacy CANT do that. They can't modify the script...if he wrote you 75, and they didn't have 75..then they weren't supposed to fill ANY OF IT."
I argued with her too...and said "WELL THEY DID..."
And finally I said to hell with you all. I'll find a new doctor, but not BEFORE I fax you the proof that I"m not a liar.
So I went, picked up the 25 (that I really didn't have according to this quack doctor)...and I faxed in the receipt showing the number (25), the dose, the date, the pharmacy, the original RX and date of it...and a cover letter with a nice note...it said "Here's proof that I got the 25 that you guys argued me down about NOT having"
Then I waited a while, and I called. I asked, and she said she showed the doctor, but he didn't say anything. So I told her that to me, that was his way of saying "I don't give a fuck that I accused him of lying and the proof is here that I was wrong...I'm the doctor...and I'm always right."
she then proceeded to tell me that "his mood was sometimes that way, and they never knew how he would react even with them...and that sometimes he just had those days where everyone caught hell from him...
So I said to her..."you know..I hired him to do a job. I pay for these damn visits..he doesn't pay me. And for him to act like he can do no wrong, and make accusations without merit...really brings his entire practice into question. I never had ANY issue with him, you can look at my chart...you can see that I'm a good patient. You can also see that I don't call and ask for meds...I don't "lose" my meds...nobody has ever "stolen" them...not one problem the entire 3 years. I stayed straight with him....and the payment i get from that is him having a bad day and accusing me of some bullshit...?
She didn't have a reply. I told her she could pass the word along that he had been relieved from caring for me...and that I didn't need a doctor that didn't trust me. And if he wouldn't even take a second look at his mistake and correct it..then I didn't want any type of care from him ever again...
she apologized (for this guy who can do no wrong...why I don't know)...and asked if I would reconsider...
I said "NO. I know how suboxone works, and I know that if he can get a new patient that he will make more money than he does on someone that just is a follow-up. So I know he's looking at dollar signs and wants NEW patients...not people like me who never give him a problem."
She stuttered when I said that..but I knew....I was right. And I ended that conversation...and proceeded to a new doctor last month.

So be careful with doctors, and esp psychiatrists in those offices. If they start accusing you of lying...they'll do all kind of stupid shit..like calling you 2 weeks before your scheduled appt to come in and piss in a cup...they'll start looking for reasons to get you out. It's always best to have your doctor..plus a back-up if something ever happens that you can get into. That way you're prepared for the worst....because sometimes doctors suffer from the God-complex..and they go apeshit crazy....just as the example above shows.

RIP little brother. Gone, but not forgotten.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2013 6:18 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Hello and welcome! I have a few liittle tips for you for taking too much of your medication. First, every morning, grab ONLY THE AMOUNT PRESCRIBED TO YOU PER DAY. Second, cut those strips in pieces - quarters is prob best. Of course you are gonna wanna take some bc it is the morning, but only take a few of the pieces you cut up. (Now....keep in mind that taking excess amounts does nothing once your receptors are FULL- which is generally accepted to be around 4-6 mg PER DAY to keep them full.) Okay, so here is the trick - every time you get the "urge" to take some - look at the clock. Tell yourself that if you still want it in fifteen minutes, you can take a piece. What is likely to happen is you will get distracted by something else. If not, take some, but each time you take some remind yourself that this is a VERY strong drug! If you do this - I would br willing to bet real money that you still have some left when you go to bed.
*****Please note though-- this is NOT the ideal way to take your sub. We addicts are used to taking crap all day long and part of the goal once you are on sub is to stop those addict-behaviors. We want to try our hardest to get down to once or twice daily dosing. I just know that I personally was able to cut myself down to one 8mg strip a day doing this, and it was easy as pie. Literally pain-free! And tapering down is prob something you wanna read up on, bc you are on a very high dose (I think most would agree) and I would hope your doctor would not keep you on that dose for too long!

Good luck and I wish you the best.
Amy

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2013 6:27 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

No need to apologize! Ramble as much as you need :) I'm glad you where able to go in and get things taken care of. From my experience, it's completely normal for them to ask you the questions they did. They need to know your history so they can dose you correctly, it's all part of the process. To me, that means they care about your wellbeing and want to help you the best they can. However, for him to call you a liar is pretty rude and unacceptable. That's very unprofessional, especially when he is working in the profession he is. It sounds like this guy doesn't know very much about Suboxone, because the half life is pretty long and w/d don't usually occur until well after 24-48 hours.....a lot of times even longer, depending on the person of course. I don't know why he would even think you where lying either. I guess it's just baffling to me why they would have someone like that there to begin with. At least the doctor was nicer about things and was understanding. How does this office you are going to work? Do you get monthly appointments? Or do you have to go in every few days or something? For me (and for most), I go in once a month and talk to the doctor, he asks me how I am doing, if I'm having any w/d symptoms or any cravings, how things at home are and if anything has changed, how I'm feeling in general etc. etc. They also do a urinalysis at each appointment to make sure that I haven't slipped up. Usually you start on the highest dose you need (usually around 16 - 14 mg) and start tapering very slowly down from there. I started at 24 mg as well and am now down to 16. I was down to 12 mg, but I had some things happen in my life and made the mistake of taking more than I should have because I was having cravings (which I've def. learned from...going without and not knowing what is going to happen is very scary) so now I bumped back up to 16 for a little while. I don't plan on staying at 16 for very long though.....I want to get back on track where I was before. Where you able to do some reading about Suboxone? This is a great place for info, so I'm glad you found it :) If you have any questions feel free to ask and I can help you the best I can :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2013 7:06 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

I still use the cutting technique..but with all the dental problems that I face, abscesses and such regularly, I use Suboxone in-part for pain management.
Last tooth I had pulled was 2 weeks ago, and I haven't done anything since because we're going on vacation tomorrow for 4 days....and I didn't want to be miserable and unable to enjoy some seafood n such on the beach...But that's a good plan to cut them in pieces like that. I know that in the last couple of weeks, with the person that caused me such a problem on the amount of sub I had....I was cutting mine in really small pieces so that I could stretch one throughout and entire day...instead of taking a half 4 times a day or so like I usually do when I'm not about to run short on meds for the month...

Under ideal circumstances, I would still take a half of an 8mg strip...usually two right when I wake up...adding up to a whole one, then 1/2 around 1pm...another 1/2 around 6pm. And the 3rd one per day, I save. I'm not sure it's a good idea to get in a routine when it comes to addiction...but I'm going to be taking the medicine every day anyway...

My biggest problem is being at home ALL the time. I don't have a job to take my mind off of taking meds...I'm here 7 days a week with my daughter...and in times like the past week, when I run short...that just eats away at my thoughts. Usually I don't run into being short, but you can read my thread in Freestyle about it, and why it happened...and I know for the entire week that I had to only take 1 / day...that was ALL that I thought about. Shows that I'm still sick when it comes to addiction...but that's to be expected...I was fearful of running out, and being in WD...so everything I tried to get my mind off of it was in vain. I still sat and thought about it...which caused me to take more than 1 strip a couple of days...
If it hadn't been for luck and a friend I didn't know I was going to run into....I would've been out on Saturday with my appointment on Monday @ 5pm....
Chances are good that I would've been OK..but probably getting a little uncomfortable. Then, since my appt was at 5pm, there was no way I could drive back home, 1 1/2 hour...and make it to a local pharmacy that I use....who closed at 6pm...
So it would've been Tuesday morning before I could've gotten my first sub since Saturday. But, like I said...there was a LOT of luck and just the right timing. Even a 5-year veteran of treatment like myself...runs into problems now and then...and I guess I got too lax with letting friends become too close...and allowing them to borrow medicine until their doctor appointment. I should've never told anyone that I even had the meds...aside from that letting someone borrow more than what I need to last until my own appointment....and it'll never happen again.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2013 7:22 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Wow...Jonathan you made me a bit nervous, not gonna lie. I can't believe how much hassle you have been thru with these doctors. It really is such a shame that there are SO MANY of these quacks out there that just see us as druggies they can use to make money off of. I wonder if that's how they rationalize it and are able to live with themselves. That we are just scumbag junkies (in their eyes) that will be spending money to get our precious drugs no matter what. Or I wonder if they fool themselves into thinking they are actually helping anybody. I'm starting to see just how lucky I am to have found the doctor that I did. Yes, he is pricey and doesn't take any insurance (thankfully my meds are free)....but he's never given me a reason to worry. Well, I take that back....he did without warning have me start seeing one of the psychiatrists instead of himself at my visits, but I have seen him a couple of times since and he told me flat out.....you pay us to help YOU, that is what we are here for. If EVER you have an issue with ANYTHING, the other doctors, the way you are being treated, your dosing....anything...please call me. I'm here for YOU and only a phone call away. When I told him that is was going well and that the other doctor wants to have me done by the end of the year his response surprised me. He said.....well, I don't really like that he said that, he shouldn't be putting a time frame on it because I don't want anybody to feel rushed, or feel like if they didn't reach that timeframe that they failed. I don't remember exactly everything he said....but basically he was saying that he doesn't want the other doctors rushing patients like that. That it's good to have a goal, but it's better to be flexible. I'm coming from a over-10 year habit....it's going to take time. I really think he has a good handle on his patients too. Because the flip-side of that is that he said some patients are only on it for a month....some are on it for over a year. So I know he's not just trying to keep anybody around as long as possible to make money. He likes to say that he's not a "cookie-cutter" doctor. I think that's my favorite part about him. I don't feel like a number, I actually feel like a PERSON when I walk in there. But anyways, the part that stuck out to me from what you said was about the psychiatrists in offices....why do you say to be careful of them? Just curious is all, because the "other" doctor I've been talking about that I see is indeed a psychiatrist.

So Jonathan, is this new doctor your seeing any better than the other's you've seen? It's about time your able to find someone you can stick with, you deserve it. I couldn't imagine being what you've been thru, and the fact that you still stuck to it and didn't relapse or give-up is awesome :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2013 11:46 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

I live in KY and we have to see a Suboxone Doc and a Shrink. My Soboxone Doc. Doesn’t take insurance either. Cost me 250.00 bucks the first time I saw her. I have to see the shrink one a week and thank goodness it is covered by my insurance and just costs a 20 dollar co pay. The first month I have ta see the Suboxone Doc. Once a week at 125.00 a pop. She said after the first month I will see her twice a month and every time will be 125.00 outa my pocket. Why do they make it soooo hard to find and soooo expensive to see these doctors? It’s almost like they want you to stay hooked on pain meds... I’m still on 24mg a day and the ultimate goal she said was to get me down to 1mg a day and then go to a shot once a month for 6 months…Anyone heard of this shot? The way it was explained to me was, when on our pain meds we use to take the door was wide open to our receptors. On Suboxone that door is half closed and when taking this shot the door will be totally shut. I will get the name of this shot later, because I don’t have the literature with me right now. Thank You all For The Help!!

Jonathan I feel for ya Bro…

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2013 1:46 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

I was REALLY Hoping to get some feedback on the door open/half shut/closed Theory...And if anyone had heard of these shots? Much Appreciated!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2013 3:07 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Hey Zo! Sorry I can't help with the door theory or the shots. I don't know about either. I am interested though to find out more about this shot. What did your doctor tell you about it?

How have you been with the subs? Have they been helping you and are you doing well on them? Just curious :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2013 3:31 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

This is what you guys are talking about...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2013 3:48 pm 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

Rob is correct i believe.
Also,on dr j's talk zone there is a post called The other opioid Dependence Medication.
Basicly it is Naltrexone and will last a month at a time..
Not cheap either..then again what is...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2013 9:11 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Rob is exactly right. it’s a shot that lasts a month. The screw ball that more or less called me a liar is the one that brought it up. Told me the cost is like 1500.00 a shot and said my insurance would pay for it. I could tell he was really pushing this, and after talking to my mental health doc. For the first time yesterday I know why. He said that guy would pocket around 1000 dollars of that 1500 himself. This doctor told me about a pill form you took once a day and was not near as expensive. I would rather take the pill once a day myself. Anyway, everything is going really good and thanks for asking! I’ve been taking the Subox the way I’m spost to and start going to opioid addict sections next Monday. Thanks for everyone’s help and input!! How are the rest of you doing? Mizzme? I hope all is good!!! :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2013 4:31 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Hey Zo! I'm glad the subs are working well for you :) So this shot sounds like a money making scheme to me. The doctors that are only in this to make a buck are the ones that I would stay away from. I have to wonder if there is a different doctor in your area that you could go to. Unless you're comfortable where you're at, in which case nevermind lol. Does this doctor you're seeing now charge a lot to see you? I can't remember if you said earlier if he was expensive. Although they all are expensive, I'm just saying if you are going to pay that kind of money than why not get into a good doctor that genuinely cares about you. But if you are happy there than totally disregard all that lol.

So this shot....(and the pills)....is that the stuff that basically puts you into w/d right away? I thought I read something about there being a medication out there that does that, and is very very uncomfortable. Not an ideal way to get off of anything (for me personally at least). I went and read the link that rob posted and I have to say, I don't like the perspective of whoever wrote that. They make it sound like anybody taking subs isn't truly wanting to get off of opiates and is replacing one drug for another. It was worded a few different ways....but that's how I took their point of view. Made me feel defensive reading it. I honestly hate when someone who has NEVER been thru w/d or has been fortunate enough to never been dependent on something, act like they know what they are talking about. Or make it out like it should be so simple and easy to stop taking what you're taking or doing what you're doing. I dealt with someone like that when I first started on subs. I was originally going to go to a rehab center, but it didn't work out because they never had any beds available. I couldn't do it anymore....every day being in w/d and calling to find out that they couldn't take me and I should call back tomorrow. But dammit if there aren't people out there that think it's so easy to get in to a rehab and do "what we should". I had to prove to this person that they didn't have beds available by giving them the number and having them call for themselves. Unfortunately when they called, they got someone on the line that had NO CLUE what they where talking about and even went as far as giving them my personal info. So when I made the choice to not go to rehab and give subs a try....they accused me of not really wanting to quit and went off on me....numerous times. Didn't take the time to listen to me, because they didn't think they could trust me. Then they went to my family and told them that I was a quitter and they all should give up on me because I didn't ever want to stop what I was doing. I've never really forgiven that person, especially when they still to this day haven't apologized for how they acted...even though they can admit they where wrong in thinking that I didn't want to get better. Apparently they finally took the time to go read about suboxone and called a few different rehabs to find out none of them had beds available (they where doing it behind my back so they could come back to me and say "see? I found you a rehab yet you won't go") But in general that person is a know-it-all asshole that frequently pisses people off with their all mighty selfish attitude. But enough about that lol. I guess I needed to get that off my chest or something lol. Sorry for rambling on and on. My original point (or question rather) was if that was the drug that put you into fast w/d? And does the doctor you see make all the patients take it, or do you have a choice?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2013 4:50 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

WoW…Really Sorry about the hassle you had to go through! specially that one person!! and then it sounds like they got everyone else on your case when You were trying to do the right thing!! SHEESH…Sorry to hear this…I would stay away from that person as much as possible because it doesn’t sound like their heard is in the right place and they want to make things worse on You!!

No, This shot/pill does NOT put you in w/d it, so to speak closes the door all the way…You have no opiate cravings. This is completly up to the person. They will NOT make you do it. I have a long way to go before I even need to think about this. I need to get do to 1 ta 2 mg of Subox before this stage. I really like my Subox Doc. It was the mind bender that came in before I talked to her that was the ass. When I go in tomorrow to see her, I hope he doesn’t even try to come and talk to me. If he does I won’t be near as nice and forthcoming to him with my info.
Good Luck!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2013 10:52 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Hi Zo,

I'm just now reading your posts here. A late welcome to our forum from me!

I was curious about this naltrexone shot you are talking about. I didn't think naltrexone did anything at all for cravings. From what I understand it "closes the door completely" because it keeps any opiates from binding to your receptors. So, if you were to slip up after suboxone therapy is over you wouldn't get high. Check into that before you go on it. Also, I didn't think you could take ANY suboxone while on it, it won't bind to receptors and therefore the suboxone would do no good at all.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong. I'm only giving my impression of how this drug works based on a few things I have read on this board.

I wish you the best of luck with your recovery Zo.

Q

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2013 9:51 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

I'm thinking naltrexone is what they'll give a heroin OD patient if they can get to them quickly enough...it throws the opiates off of the pain receptors and causes an immediate reversal of it's effects....

I could be wrong, but I thought I read somewhere about this...usually it's given in the carotid because they are that close to death and need the naltrexone to the brain as fast as it can get there...hence that method of delivery...
Medics n such carry it for emergency purposes too...come up on someone who's OD'd on heroin and shoot them with that to try and save them...