It is currently Mon Aug 21, 2017 8:12 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post subject: Hi I'm New here.
PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2013 5:28 pm 
New Poster
New Poster

Hello,
So after going to a meth clinic last week I found that after I paid my $105.00 I would have to wait till Monday to see a doctor to get dosed (this was on Wednesday). I explained that I had planned my last fix to last me till that day and that by the time Thursday afternoon rolled around that I would be terribly sick all they said was....oh well. Too bad for you. So I took my money back and left. I have to admit that I was having some misgivings about the whole "clinic" routine anyway. I already have a 1 1/2 hour commute to work each day and adding a hour to that will drive me crazier than I already am, not to mention that I wasn't completely convinced that meth was the solution to my problem. Don't get me wrong, I had tried to kick this cold turkey the week before and was so damn sick I couldn't believe it and I was willing to add an hour to my daily commute. So anyway I started to look into suboxone and hunted around for a doctor that would take me as a patient. Thankfully I did find one and they called me up to go in to see them this Thursday. I am so happy I could jump for joy. I just want off this crap and need a change in my life so badly. As far as I could tell with the Meth people were on it for years at a time with no clear timeframe as to when they would get off it. I didn't want that to be me so I'm glad I found a doctor to help me out. I was wondering if the amount of smack I am doing translates into how long it will be for me to get off it and taper down with the suboxone. I see on some post's that people are doing as much as 8 bags a day. I'm so glad that isn't me.....not to mention that I don't think I could even keep my eyes open after doing that much. Does anyone have an opinion or facts about useage? I hope you all are doing well and working your programs. Good luck to each and everyone of you!

Post subject: Meth to Sub
PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2013 1:34 am 

Hi Razorsedge11211,

Welcome to our forum of addicts trying to find recovery. I personally don't know if your usage of smack will have anything to do with tapering and stopping Suboxone. For now, why don't you just concentrate on getting yourself into a Dr.s office to be induced. Then once you're stable you can focus on that issue. Some people say it will affect it and others say no. Everyone is different so you won't know until you go down that road.

Once again, Welcome here and feel free to stick around and post all you like.

Rule

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2013 10:39 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Congrats to you on making the decision to make some changes in your life. Its nothing more than a vicious merry-go-round isn't it?
Just my opinion but if I were you I wouldnt concern yourself quite so much with getting to taper off the subs so much as you should just concentrate ( for now) on making the change to Suboxene and the adjustments in your life as they present themselves in the here and now.
Down the road is just that. Down the road. You have a lot right in front of you right now. Take things a day at a time. Let a Dr determine your sub dosage and move forward from there. In my case, my counselor warns me that worrying about tapering off too early on raises the possibility of relapse so, concern yourself with adjusting to Suboxene and give it your full attention and give it a fair chance. Down the road will wait, and it will be dealt with when the time is right for it.
Best of luck to you. I can tell you it is so nice to not have to be constantly obsessed with where the next pill, or the next fix, or whatever it is, is coming from. Thats one of the biggest benefits of Subs in my opinion.

Our Sponsors
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2013 2:21 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Hey Razorsedge11211!

I'm so glad to hear that you have made a decision to get on the road to recovery! And just like rule62 and Scofflaw said...the most important thing to think about is committing yourself to this plan. There is no better feeling than being able to jump off that merry-go-round of chasing and using drugs. Good luck to you, and keep us posted! :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2013 7:25 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

mycovery wrote:
There is no better feeling than being able to jump off that merry-go-round of chasing and using drugs.

Word.

Razor-

I'm with Rule, I'm not sure there is a correlation with how much someone uses and how long they are on maintenance. It's so personal.. you kind of just have to feel it out and see what works for you. Wishing you the best of luck on your suboxone & recovery journey!