It is currently Sun Aug 20, 2017 11:53 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post subject: New Here
PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2012 5:48 pm 
New Poster
New Poster

Hello, I'm new to this site. I read how many members helped a guy who had an issue with taking an 8 mg pill while on the methadone program. I have been self medicating myself with suboxone for going on 2 years now. By self medicating I mean, I haven't gone to any doctors, I buy my pills or strips street value and take anywhere from 4 mg to the full 8 mg a day, almost every day. I had a problem with percocets and oxycontins. I spend less money and I like that now I feel normal. I've got loads of questions though. Am I doing this right? I might have to take a criminal drug screen soon, will they test for suboxone? am i spending less money buying them at 10 dollars a pop than dropping all the money going to a doctor than follow ups and actually buying the scripts? I also just kinda need people with the same plight in life as me to talk to and give me feedback. Its good to feel normal again, and have my life back, idk how long i should continue on the subs, I know not forever and I know alot of the w/p will be in my mind. but taking a small piece a day always makes me feel normal and I am not tempted to go down the path I used to. Should I consult a doctor who is going to give me the same drug but monitor my usage? My gf is supportive but she's not an addict, I feel like I have no one to talk to that truly understands what I'm going through. Sorry about the onslaught of questions lol.. is there an active chat on this site as well??

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2012 12:32 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

HI........

yes, there is chat on the forum if you scroll down to the bottom of the index page. there was actually a meeting last night (saturday night). but you can log into chat ANYTIME, if hang out there, someone will more than likely join you.

Now, about the suboxone......
In my case, my sub doctor, has a slidin scale, and I pay $10-25 per visit, depending on my income. Since my income is never the same working in construction it varies, but even at the high end of $25 its more than reasonable.
AND, Im on the patient assistance program thru RB.
so, I get my suboxone FREE, for one year. And I can re-apply when the year is up, you usually have to have a month or so where you pay for it yourself, and the doctor writes a letter.
When I was buying suboxone, paying cash for my perscription, they averaged about $7 a piece, AND you can use a $50 off coupon from the manufacturer, which makes it even less.
so, if you ask me, you could definitely be saving money. But, it'll take some effort finding the right doctor, the right clinic, and all that.
There are also some doctors who dont mind Rx'ing the generic buprenorphene, subutex. which when I payed for it was about $4-5 bucks a 8mg pill.

but its up to you.
Its a very freeing feeling, to be able to go to the doctor and get your meds, not having anything to hide, from anyone.

Now, the drug test.
USUALLY, they dont test for bupe.
but it depends on how many 'panels' the drug test is.
Im not gonna give you a speech about getting a doctor.

welcome to the forum :D

That's TRUE STRENGTH
http://almostoneyearclean.blogspot.com/

Post subject: Thanx for the reply!
PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2012 8:28 pm 
New Poster
New Poster

hey... thank you Amber for replying so quickly. I was at the zoo when I read your response so I didn't reply lol... so I think I will look into the whole doctor visit thing.. even if the initial cost is expensive.. but hopefully on the sliding scale that you mentioned it won't be. But I'm sure with a prescription in hand I will get in little to no trouble from the testers lol.. I remember trying subutex. i liked it a whole lot more... those aren't available on the "street" at least that I know of, but when I tried those I liked them alot more.. I had more energy and seemed I could take less to feel ok.. can I tell the doctor that's what I prefer? oh and the whole reason I copied and pasted my introduction is because I posted it in the wrong area initially and I wanted to make sure it was seen where I wanted it to.. now that I've navigated the site a bit I realize how to do things a bit better and that there are in fact some scheduled chats :) thank you so much for your help. I'm glad for this drug and I think I will take you up on your advice and start inquiring into some legit suboxone doctors in my area.. my concern is they will do a drug test and find no opiates.. only suboxone lol... will that be detrimental in receiving a prescription?? I'll just tell them my story I suppose and it shouldn't hinder me... how do they determine whether you should receive subutex or suboxone?

Our Sponsors
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2012 9:37 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

the thing about subutex is, every doctor is different. and alot of them believe, it has more 'abuse potential'
read this about it
http://suboxforum.com/viewtopic.php?t=6 ... light=BEMA

theres a generic coming out for suboxone, SOON, hopefully. . . . and that will help the cost issue. BUT, some doc will Rx, once you have been 'good' for awhile.

dont stress about not having opiates in your system. Most doc are understanding about gettin it off the 'street' in the begining anyways. And, legallly/medically it doesnt say anything about HAVING to be on opiates at the time. Lots of people here, have gone on and off suboxone many times.

hope that helps!!!
anymore questions, just ask!!
oh, you can also ask your doctor about the suboxone "here to help" program. each dr. can have three patients on it, and they (RB) pay for your suboxone (90 ea month) for 12 months.

http://suboxforum.com/viewtopic.php?t=6 ... light=BEMA
heres another good thread about people having trouble getting subutex.
its wierd how it varies SO drastically between each doctor. My doc didnt really have a problem when I was getting it, but he DID check my arms for "marks" if you know what I mean............

That's TRUE STRENGTH
http://almostoneyearclean.blogspot.com/

Post subject: Same Posts
PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2012 10:37 pm 

A1sawz,

I went ahead and deleted the other post you had started in Legal Issues before it had anymore responses.

Welcome to our forum and I do hope you find some answers here along with making some decent online support friends.

Concerning whether to continue buying Suboxone from the street or doing it legally and seeing a doctor for a valid script, I am voting for seeing a Suboxone doctor. And all it has to do with is having you get out of the habit of buying illegal drugs off the street. Doing it that way keeps you in contact with other addicts and is just not the right environment for recovery if you want it to be successful. Of course the decision is yours to make but if you want to break those bad habits then it is something I recommend. Either way you will find the support you need here from all of us.

My opinion is just one from another addict. Hope you find what you seek.

Rule

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2012 11:20 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Yes id see a doctor if i were you! so you can stay at a stable dose and of course not being doing anything illegal. No drug dealer deals forever! Plus having a sub doc can be somebody to talk too about your problems with addiction, problems etc