All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post subject: I'm new here
PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2011 7:27 pm 
New Poster
New Poster

[font=Arial] [/font]
Hello!
I am happy to be here and hope that I can meet some new people that "get it". I have been clean for two years and one month as of yesterday. I was on Suboxone up until about three months ago (if that). I had no problem getting off of it, but I have to admit...I have definitely noticed an increase in cravings. They were tolerable up until this week. Now its an hour at a time, trying to make good choices. Hopefully, all will go well. My DOC were not incredibly specific (though I had my favorites) as long as it was an opiate. I would go back and forth between heroin and pain meds...what ever was available. I did this off and on for quite a few years. I have some great friends in recovery and I have a couple of good friends that I wish were in recovery. I am married with two children. I have a lot to not only live for, but to succeed for. I am looking forward to meeting all of you. Even though I am not on Suboxone anymore, I owe a lot to the medication and I know you guys will understand what I am going through when I have a tough day. Maybe I can help out a few others as well.
See you around

~Chained~

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2011 8:19 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Hi chained and welcome to the forum. We're happy to have you here. Cravings are a struggle that we all definitely understand! Do you have any particular plans or "tools" that you use when a trigger or craving comes up? If not, perhaps it's time to consider working on that.

Thanks for sharing your story with us and I hope to see you around the forum! Again - welcome!

-I'm only responsible for what I say, not for what you understand.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2011 8:26 pm 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

Hello Chained.
Welcome Welcome It is a Big relief to know you made it off subs with little trouble . I've been on subs for 3 months and it has been a livesaver for me. I'm so happy you've made and I hope it gets better for you each day. Living without subs is a scary thing.
Mel