It is currently Tue Aug 22, 2017 4:59 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post subject: New here...
PostPosted: Mon May 31, 2010 4:11 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

I just signed up today. I'm taking .25 mg of Sub daily, I've been at that dose for a week now. I started at 24 mg about 9 months ago. I spent three years using heroin, insufflating up to twenty stamps a day-- only graduating to intravenous the last couple weeks of my run before seeking out help. I'm 23-- my father is/was a cocaine addict, and none of my friends are very supportive. I'd like to think that my journey so far has equipped me with some useful information, and if one thing I write here helps one person, then that's good enough for me. For all the fighters out there, keep fighting the good fight. Best to all.

Post subject: my first post
PostPosted: Mon May 31, 2010 9:18 pm 
New Poster
New Poster

I had easy access to oxy and other opiates. I was using pills almost every day for years. I didn't think it was a big deal until I stopped for a day or two. I got so sick one day with chill, shakes and muscle tension etc. I ran to the doctors. The doctor asked me about drugs and I admitted using and he said that I was in withdrawal! I was shocked, scared and ashamed. I basically went cold turkey for the next few days but that didn't last...I have been trying to stop for years before discovering subox. what a lifesaver. I tryed a 12step which helped but now its just the subox and I feel I need to talk sometimes so here I am.

and your better is your best.

Israel must live.

Post subject: Welcome to You Both....
PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2010 9:46 am 
Super-Duper Poster
Super-Duper Poster

Hi emJ & teddy4050,
I just want to welcome both of you to the Forum and thank you for sharing some of your story... I can only hope that you get as much out of this Forum as I do?? It has been a BIG part of my Support / Recovery.. Please feel free to stop by and post whenever you feel like it! There are many people out here that either are going through OR have been through what you are feeling. I'm sure others will chime in with their support so please check back often... :) Best of luck in your Recovery and take care of yourselves....

God Bless
TW

Our Sponsors
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2010 12:35 pm 
One Month or More
One Month or More

Hi emJ & teddy4050,

Welcome to both of you. I also recently found this forum and have probably gotten more support here than anywhere else.

emJ - congrats on your awesome taper! That is really admirable especially considering how quickly you lowered your dose. I'm very sorry to hear about your lack of support. While places like this forum help a lot, that's no substitute from being in an environment that's supportive and not laden with temptation.

Now that you aren't spending all your money on heroin is there any chance you can change your scenery and get away from all the users around you? You've gotten your life back and have made amazing progress, but to have to continue to be around drugs and addicts isn't a good thing.

Good luck to both of you!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2010 3:50 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

teddy: I feel you on needing to talk to someone. I don't know if you see a therapist or not, but if you don't, I would consider it. Shoot for a counselor that has LCADC (Licensed Certified Alcohol & Drug Counselor), or someone experienced with Suboxone. If you ever wind up seeing a counselor/therapist-- remember that they work for you dude. It could be intimidating sometimes, or just feeling ashamed about how you wound up there, but the bottom line is you are paying them to help you, so that's important. And don't lie to them about anything because it just cheats you out of getting better.

TW: Thanks for the welcome, it's been two days and I already feel better writing here.

deemanchu: I don't spend ANY time with active users. It is awesome that all my money doesn't go to heroin anymore, I do a lot of things alone-- movies, bookstores, going out to eat. My troubled past in ways has propelled me past many of my peers and isolates me but since I could remember having memories, I've been a bit of a loner, so I'm OKAY with the way things are going, they'll turn around eventually. I'll find some company.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2010 12:02 pm 
One Month or More
One Month or More

emJ wrote:
deemanchu: I don't spend ANY time with active users. It is awesome that all my money doesn't go to heroin anymore, I do a lot of things alone-- movies, bookstores, going out to eat. My troubled past in ways has propelled me past many of my peers and isolates me but since I could remember having memories, I've been a bit of a loner, so I'm OKAY with the way things are going, they'll turn around eventually. I'll find some company.

emJ,

That's great! I guess I misunderstood your post....but in this case that's a good thing. :)

I have an incredible admiration for people that can get clean while still around temptation. I don't even like seeing opiates in movies right now.

While we're no substitute for friends and family remember that you can at least get support and company here. :) Good luck on your journey. Everyone here will be rooting for you!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2010 3:19 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Welcome to the newcomers! Always nice to see some new people getting into recovery. 8)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 03, 2010 7:15 pm 
Welcome to you both. Its interesting that you both come from vastly different experiences but we all have the same disease and same recovery method in the end. I hope you will keep coming back and keep posting. There is a wealth of information here.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 03, 2010 8:27 pm 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

Hey guys! welcome! My name is Laura, Im a 29 yr old mother of 3 and I used to abuse any pain pill I could get my hands on. My faves were Oxys and methadone. Im totally serious about my recovery now after three or four relapses on the sub. Welcome! Cont' to post! I love it here! OH, AND take advantage of our meetings on Monday at 9pm eastern and Thurs at 2pm eastern in the meetings chat room. (esp if you don't have ins to go to therapy, but either way they are so much of a help) Talk to you more soon!

Of course there's such a thing as angels. Only sometimes they don't have wings... and we call them mothers. -Unknown