It is currently Wed Aug 23, 2017 12:22 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post subject: New Here
PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2009 12:11 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

I am new to the forum but am a long time Suboxone patient and live in Las Vegas, Nevada. I have been on Suboxone for over five years following an addiction to Oxycontin. I entered treatment taking a prescribed 240mg Oxycontin daily via three 80mg tablets in addition to another 90 10mg Percocets a month given me from the same doctor. Because of early refills/abuse, I was taking about 300mg a day.

The short version of this extremely ugly story is, five years later, I still have no cravings for opiates. My doctor feels this constitutes success and accepting that evaluation has been difficult. Hearing Dr. Junig's story was moving for me. I too, lost a career to Oxycontin.

It is difficult to hear the desparation from some who have posted describing treatment from exacting doctors with little capacity for empathy. My doctor is encouraging and always reminds me of my progress and success. Five years ago, my Suboxone treatment began as a "transition" drug leading to no narcotic use at all. It seems that my doctor's treatment methods have evolved as his approach now parallels, almost exactly, the opinions of Dr. Junig.

If I have anything of any value to offer anyone I would be happy to answer/talk about my experiences.

Foy

Post subject: Welcome
PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2009 12:26 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Its good to know that his story was very moving. He's a great doctor. Does the suboxone still work well for you?

You should really put your story up here because your story can really help others as well.

-J

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2009 2:38 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Yes, it does. Actually, I can't imagine not taking it. I seem to be slowly coming to terms with having to take it for a long time, perhaps indefinitely. I have chronic shoulder pain and foot problems. Following joint replacement in each foot, I experienced several fractures in both feet with no injury to explain why these fractures kept happening.

If I am able to help others in any way, I would be happy to do so.

Foy
Las Vegas

Our Sponsors
PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2009 10:00 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Foy wrote:
Yes, it does. Actually, I can't imagine not taking it. I seem to be slowly coming to terms with having to take it for a long time, perhaps indefinitely. I have chronic shoulder pain and foot problems. Following joint replacement in each foot, I experienced several fractures in both feet with no injury to explain why these fractures kept happening.

If I am able to help others in any way, I would be happy to do so.

Foy
Las Vegas

Foy,

How does the Suboxone help your pain? I responded to it pretty well for a while. I was at 8mg/day when I was on it. I have chronic pancreatitis so its pretty painful. Suboxone did work pretty well for the pain. I hope its working pretty well for you as well.

Right now my wife broke her leg riding a horse and had some surgery done to repair it. Shes crying in pain and the docs are frankly undermedicating her. Its sad to see that happen if you ask me. I'm not sure what to do with her I got to do something to get her a doctor that will help her.

Regards,
Jim

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2009 12:00 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

It has been very good for my pain but I question its efficacy for acute, marked to severe pain from something like a major fracture. It does not take away my pain but rather, helps me manage it. I'm not a doctor so - perhaps the best way to describe it is . . . it has a very desirable secondary benefit of moderate pain control.

I still have concerns about taking it for so long but like I said, I can't imagine not taking it. Frankly, I have other things I need to worry about (that's funny, "I got some things I have just GOT to start worrying about" or "I'm WAY behind in my worrying")I don't have the energy to introduce another source of stress, such as trying to get off Suboxone.

(only a psycho could construct a paragraph that whack)

Foy

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2009 2:28 pm 
Super-Duper Poster
Super-Duper Poster

Foy,
Congrat's on your success. I like your statement "I am way behind on my worring ".
I know that exact feeling. when I was using I only had one worry and that was how many pills do
I have left and where/when am I getting my next batch!!!!! Everthing else could wait...
now that I am clean I can focus on other lifes problems that have been neglected for way to long...
Thats what I like about this forum you find other people that have been in the same dark place & hopefully
have found the way out!!!!
Take Care & continued success!
TW