It is currently Tue Oct 17, 2017 7:47 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post subject: i'm New here
PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2016 4:52 pm 
New Poster
New Poster

I'm really happy to have found this forum !!

i used opiate for almost 10 years .
went to rehab twice but i only stayed there for 2 weeks . I couldn't last more because the program was really tough.
So after many failed attempts to stop using drugs i decided to try buprenorphine (suboxone)

It's been 4 month that i'm being treated with subs. Never felt better in my life . I can say that my life turned 180 degree .
I stopped all the bad thing i use to do because of my addiction and been practicing sports since then .
But no job yet .

As a short self introduction : I was prescribed antidepressants and antipsychotics when i was 16 because of social phobia . The anti psychotic that my doctor prescribed me was the reason for my addiction . It had blocked all my feelings and the only way to feel normal again was to use drugs but i wasn't aware of that at that time not until i started using subs and helped me get off the anti psychotics and antidepressant .

I still suffer from social anxiety and i have trouble talking to people .

Basically this is it about me .

Post subject: Re: i'm New here
PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2016 5:36 pm 

You are welcome here! Glad to have you on board!

Amy

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2016 6:21 pm 

Welcome!

I also went to rehab and tried everything i could before finding buprenorphine. I've said several times here that I had little faith that suboxone treatment would work either since nothing else had. I was wrong thankfully! My only regret with suboxone is that I didn't do it sooner. It would have saved a lot of terrible things that happened. At least we've found it now right :) I'm thankful every single day that I don't wake up in pure hell like I used to. I honestly can't say enough great things about it. Anything that can take away cravings like it does is a miracle......I sound like a walking commercial lol.

Glad u found us!

Our Sponsors
PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2016 2:07 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Yes i have been to rehab too. That is one of the MAIN reasons why rehab DO NOT work based on Abstinence. it is just too hard to stop opiates with counseling and meetings alone. Can it be done?? yes, but is there an easier way,,, YES!

Good for you for finding this life saving medication. I too wish i would of gotten on this a lonnnnggg time ago.

So glad you are experiencing the positive effects of this medication. It truly is a life changer.

Good luck to you and if you ever have any question, dont' hesitate to ask. The people here are very knowledgeable

Welcome!!