It is currently Fri Aug 18, 2017 9:42 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post subject: New here
PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2015 12:05 pm 
New Poster
New Poster

I'm new to this forum, but have stalked it a few times before. A little about me I was addicted to oxys for a few years then got on the Suboxone with a wonderful Doctor that helped me tremendously and was on actually bupanorphine for a few years then I got pregnant and did some tappering and went thru the first 9-12 days of hell of course then about a month of not sleeping, but after that I was home free so I thought! Well, my child was born healthy and happy, but I ended up having some kidney problems during my pregnancy that required opiates and then I had to have a C-section and that required drugs as well for pain and here's the kicker my husband was still on the bup cause it just wasn't time for him to get off. So needless to say I was a new mom just coming off some serious pain medication and having the baby blues so bad I was placed on anti depressants, but that didn't do it for me I found some bup and well I don't know what I was thinking, but I started to take it to help me get thru my day. Can you believe that even after all that!!! So, about a year later here I am pregnant again and terrified, but I'm on day 9 of withdrawl AGAIN!! and only sleeping every 2 hours and sill needing to take care of my daughter and I can't really take anything because of the pregnancy. I do use benadryl now and then, but thats pretty much it. I know, I know why the hell wasn't I on birth control you ask ?? That's because we really want to have a family and I wasn't gonna let this get in the way, but I'm also sure as hell not going to let my baby go thru this the first days of their lives. So, I guess my point is I've done this once before and am doing it again God help me! and I sure could just use some support this time around. So, if your reading this and are in your early stages U CAN DO THIS!!! It's just not negotiable and neither is it for me, or my child I never want to be in this position again.

Post subject: Re: New here
PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2015 4:08 am 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Welcome 2endtime around!
Congratulations on being pregnant! I'm not sure how far into pregnancy you are but I'm guessing still very early. I have no experience on the issue of stopping subs, at any stage of pregnancy. I appreciate your decision to discontinue ORT for the sake of your child, but by the same token would feel exactly the same if you felt you needed to stay on subs. It's not so strange you found yourself tempted by subs, given you indicated a history of addiction and a history with ORT.
I hope we can support you through this challenging time. Lack of sleep is one of the hardest sides to deal with. When I jumped off methadone and benzos simultaneously, I wasn't able to fall asleep for 3 weeks. I would never have believed that is even possible. I was a complete wreck! I hope you are beginning to feel some relief!
Be kind to yourself,
KAT

PostPosted: Thu Nov 26, 2015 12:11 pm 

Hi 2endtime, Welcome and Happy Thanksgiving! So proud of you for putting that baby first! I am not a Mom but do have a tremendous amount of respect for you! I don't know how I would do it! Hope it only gets easier for you! I am sure someone will respond soon who has gone through what you are going through now! Please keep us informed about how you are doing!

Our Sponsors
PostPosted: Fri Nov 27, 2015 7:59 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

If you're at day 9, you have chipped away a huge piece of what you need to finish. Be ready for a day or two when you feel like things are worse---- and when those days come, realize that they are your signal that you are about to turn the corner. I see that happen over and over-- where people get to 10-14 days, and then have a lousy day or two. Get through those days, and things will start to get better each day. Good luck!