It is currently Tue Aug 22, 2017 7:19 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post subject: New here
PostPosted: Sat Dec 27, 2014 10:04 pm 
New Poster
New Poster

Hello everyone. I am on this site to support and be supported while on Suboxone. I have been on Subs for almost 3 years now after a 5 year pill addiction resulting from a spinal fusion surgery.
I have recently decided to taper my Sub dose and finally get off of this medication. I am so tired of paying the high office visit fees, the monthly urine screens, the worry of WD, etc....
I have had much success using Suboxone as far as staying off of pills. I no longer have cravings and am at a point in my life where I want to be completely drug free!
I have tried twice to stop Suboxone cold turkey and was not successful at all. It was an awful feeling and am terrified of that feeling now that I have decided to taper and stop. I am a big wimp when it comes to withdrawal.
Anyway, I am glad to be here and please don't hesitate to chat with me if you have any questions too!

Post subject: Re: New here
PostPosted: Sun Dec 28, 2014 12:40 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Glad that your on here and looking for support and to better yourself like we all strive too. Anyways I was just curious what the two times previous of stopping were like? .... like how long did you last off and at what dose did you stop? I had quit once before for a year but am back on due to a relapse and bad migraines. I heard people who taper don't have much pain at all with withdrawal but I did a quick taper down to .25 or less and it was a month of pure agony no lies. I just want to guage my next jump and decide what approach to take and like how long Ill be on what dose. keep posting, peace and much love

PostPosted: Sun Dec 28, 2014 6:43 am 
New Poster
New Poster

I stopped all at once while I was on 16 mgs. It was not the smartest decision. The first 3 days were ok, mostly my anxiety and thoughts were most bothersome but once I hit day 4 and on, I had to go back on the medication. I ended up in the ER and wanted to just sit in my room, not talk to anyone, it was awful. I don't have the luxury of staying home in my pj's and going through WD. I work full time as a teacher, I'm a single mom, and have to get up each day and face it as best I can. I am starting my taper next week and this time going to do it SLOW!! My doctor is great and taking me down at very small intervals and at the end will only be taking very small specs of the Suboxone film. Hopefully, the WD feelings won't be as bad doing it this way. I wish that I had never started this medication. I am hopeful for the future and super excited about living it completely chemical free! Good luck, we are in this together! :)

Our Sponsors
PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2014 1:04 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Hi oneday,

LOL...if you do a slow taper it will be NOTHING like what you went through jumping from 16mg's! I tried a jump from 3mg's before and was in a living hell. But, when I tapered down to .25 or less it wasn't nearly as bad. I just wanted to encourage you and let you know that your experience with a low, gradual taper won't be anything like your awful experience of the past!

Welcome to the forum, I look forward to seeing your success in the future!

Q