It is currently Thu Aug 17, 2017 10:01 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post subject: new here
PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2014 2:23 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

I AM NEW AND JUST WANTED TO Say hi....I used heroin for about 3 years before I got on suboxone(no Rx...yet) Feb 2013....I've been buying sub on the street since then....it has changed my life....but I am tired of worrying....not knowing if I am going to end up sick...doctors are extremely hard to get into around here and I guess I am wondering if anyone has any help they can give ...advice..past experience... Anything... Its nice to know I'm not alone :)

Post subject: Re: new here
PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2014 2:40 pm 

Hi sarahr3, and welcome to the forum. Although it's good you have found relief taking Suboxone, it's the way you're getting it that might land you in jail. You said doctors are hard to come by around here. Where is here? Not that it matters, you either have doctors who will accept you in or not. The searching for one is the same. You can use our Search feature here, located up top of this page, or go to NAABT.org and see if that gives you more options. Use Google, Yahoo, or whatever search engine you prefer to find one. In other words, use all the tools you can to search for one.

Do you have insurance? If so, they might have a search feature too. And how much are you taking? That last question is just plain curiosity.

Good luck finding a legal way to obtain the Suboxone.

rule

PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2014 3:22 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Hi thanks for the reply! Yes that is what I am worried about too! I am always so nervous about the way o get it... I live in upstate new York..and what I meant by 'hard to come by' is that doctors are scarce(to my knowledge anyway) and any of the ones I call have a waiting list a mile long! I take about a half to 3/4 of one a day depending on what I have...I really appreciate the reply!

Our Sponsors
PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2014 9:36 pm 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

Hey Sarah, have you checked the suboxone website for docs in your area? That's how I found mine. You just put your zip code in and it gives you a list of sub doctors close to you. Then you can just go down the list calling to see if they are taking new patients. Good luck with your recovery!