It is currently Sun Aug 20, 2017 9:54 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2015 3:23 pm 
New Poster
New Poster

Hi there, 1st post. Glad to finally join this forum. I have to work soon so I'll keep this short. I have been prescribed to suboxone for over 2 years now for heroin addiction. I have not used ANY illicit substances at all until this past month. Did cocaine for the first time ever one month ago (less than 1G) and then did 1 more G 3 days ago over the course of 5 days. I feel pretty bad about this, and believe me or not that's up to you, I plan on doing it tonight for the last time in a while. (seriously) if I can thag is.

I get drug tested once a month by my sub doctor, (and I know that every dr. Uses a different test, but on AVERAGE,if I did some tonight, do you think on AVERAGE that I'll be okay for a drug test in 3 days exactly? I know it stays in everyone's body differently but I'm just wondering if anyone has has experience on this sort of issue before. And would really like some insight on it.

If you don't think ill pass in 3 DAYS I'll refrain, just want to be sure.

Not the healthiest but I'm 175LB male, 5'8 and exercise rarely. Drink plenty of water daily though (1.5-2 gallons.)

Thanks all in advance.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2015 4:00 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

I'm going to answer your specific question and allow others to comment on your slippery slope that you seem to be tottering on.
My lab tests for cocaine and a metabolite. Generally will detect use up to 72-96 hours.
docm2

PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2015 1:34 pm 
New Poster
New Poster

docm2 wrote:
I'm going to answer your specific question and allow others to comment on your slippery slope that you seem to be tottering on.
My lab tests for cocaine and a metabolite. Generally will detect use up to 72-96 hours.
docm2

Thanks for the reply. I ended up not doing any just to be on the safe side based on what you said. I know,I'm pretty stupid for suddenly starting coke recently. No excuse for it, it's all on me, just after being on suboxone for over 2 years, I still get the thoughts of wanting to feel good on something quick and easy, like I was used to with the heroin.

Our Sponsors
PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2015 5:55 pm 

Sounds like you could use a revamp in your recovery. I suggest that you start seeing an addiction therapist who can help you examine why you used; what triggered it and what lead up to it. Maybe it's not as simple as "I just wanted to feel good." Maybe it is, but either way you could use some help getting your head back on straight.

Amy

PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2015 10:40 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

I agree with Amy & Docm. Your recovery is on that slippery slope. Do you do anything for recovery? Meetings, SMART on line or any of the other things offered on line and in real life?

If not then please do something before you find yourself kicked out by your sub doc and back in active addiction.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2015 11:45 pm 
New Poster
New Poster

Thank you guys. I agree with everything said. Its a complicated situation, (as with everyone's I suppose). For the first few months I was on suboxone, I was seeing a therapist 4 times a month. That wasn't really doing too much though so I stopped going.

The reason I started in the first place was because I've never quite felt "happy" or "normal" or what I interpreted to be so at least that is. Always have felt like there was an empty void in my life and as soon as I got into things like that I felt just normal. Which I of course liked. I've tried all of the SSRI medications which didn't help me at all, I just know that something in chemically imbalanced in my bbrain and there's not anything natural I can do to fix it (exercise, talking to people, antyping really) thatbthat can fix it, except for drugs.

Now all I am doing for recovery is just basically taking my suboxone, exactly as prescribed, and that's basically it. I'm fortunate enough to have a family that cares, but istill don't feel quite right. I know it takes a while to get used to the sOber life, but the thing is, my "sober" state makes me feel quite unhappy. Like the feeling I hAve had all of my life even before I started doing drugs.