It is currently Tue Aug 22, 2017 9:40 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post subject: New here. My story
PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2011 6:31 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

In short, in 2008 I was having some disc back problems that required a lot of therapy, back cracks, shots and other techniques to help it heal. But during that time I was also prescribed percocet 5/325 and over one summer I ended up enjoying the high so much that i began to abuse pain medicines in various ways, and it all culminated in late Novemeber of 2010 when I started to shoot H. It did not take me long to realize I was heading down a real dangerous path, but I could not stop. I tried various things and even started SA therapy, but nothing seemed to work.

In November 2010, I was accepted into a suboxone program and consider myself very very lucky because so few doctors prescribe this life-saving, life-changing medicine. Even more lucky for me is that my insurance covers most of the costs, and I pay a $15 copay visit and the insurance card Suboxone makers offered has provided me three months of free Suboxone film. Without the card, I think a pack of 30 8g-2 will cost me about 40-$60 with my insurance.

The film worked very quickly and I haven't had much desire at all to do opiates. I cannot say that I feel like I have my life back, but at least I am not wasting money or putting my health at great risk by doing opiates.

I do have some situations I want to get some advice for but I am not sure which forum to go to. One topic is the trust aspect with my doctor. I situation this past week with my doctor has really tainted my feelings about the program. The other topic is about tapering safely when you have a short supply of film.

Anyway, hope everyone is doing well and succeeding!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2011 9:51 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Hi pink and welcome. You can post all of your questions on this thread if you want. I'm happy that you were able to start treatment with bupe and get out of active addiction. You said you don't feel that your life has turned around - may I ask how so? Are you still having trouble? I know for me my life DID indeed turn around. I didn't go back to the person I was pre-addiction (we can't go backwards in time), but I sort of came out of it a different, yet much better, person. If you want to talk about that, please feel free. We're here to support you. Again - welcome to the forum.

-I'm only responsible for what I say, not for what you understand.