It is currently Thu Aug 17, 2017 5:31 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2016 4:01 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

hello, I'm new here so I figured I could share my story.

my story begins when I was 17. I was dating a guy who was 21 at the time. I was innocent and had only ever drank beer or smoked pot. but I had never touched any hard drugs at all, so I had no idea what the high felt like or anything. I knew what they were and how dangerous they were but I always assumed I would know if I had taken something like that. I have always had back problems which have caused me severe pain throughout the years. when I started dating this guy, let's call him X, I told him about my back because he had seen how hard it was for me to get out of bed, especially the 2nd-3rd day of my monthly time. he told me he had pills that were like Tylenol but stronger that he could give me. so I tried them and they of course worked miracles as my back pain was gone! so for the next 2 months or so he would give me these pills every day. one day he didn't have any, I started feeling like shit and asked him why, he wouldn't give me a straight answer. so I went to my mom and explained to her everything and she gave me a couple o her pain killers to see if that would stop it. of course it did. she told me what he had been really giving me and I flipped on him and ended the relationship. so for the next 2 years I suffered with being an addict all because I was dumb enough to trust some guy. after 2 years of addiction, I had my first daughter, thankfully I had cut down a lot and my daughter had no withdraw after birth. I knew I had gotten lucky. after I had my daughter I moved with my mom to PA out in the woods. I decided that I would suck it up and drop everything and just go through the withdraw at our house. the next month was the worst, I laid on my couch in complete withdraw as she helped me and took care of my child. I felt like such a horrible mother. but i knew I had to go through this in order to give my child the life she deserved. so I stayed clean for a year after that. then I met my husband, he was an active user and after a few months of us being together I slipped and became an active user yet again. after almost a year of us using together we both decided we need to get clean. I went to the doctors and got on suboxone. and man is this a life saver. I have had 2 beautiful children with my husband, one when I wasn't on subs, and one when I was. both pregnancies were rough but not because of suboxone or anything like that. I'll tell my horrific pregnancy stories another time. but for now I hope you enjoyed my story! hopefully being here will be pleasant and informing!

PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2016 5:23 am 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Welcome jlynnbella!
Thanks for sharing a bit about your life in active addiction.
Subs rescued me from many years of heroin addiction. I could never get my shit together and it couldn't be more true that it saves lives!
I'm so glad it's working for you and your husband.
Good on you and hope you keep posting.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2016 8:49 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

thank you! it took me a while to come here. I debated because every time I have joined something like this people are rude and mean to one another. but after looking through some of the responses people have put up on here I'm confident that won't happen here!!

Our Sponsors
PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2016 3:29 pm 

Hi Jlyn, welcome! Thank you for sharing your story. There are so many wonderful people here who are a wealth of knowledge and support! I hope you stick around!

PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2016 4:42 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

HI Jlynn,

Welcome. What a great decision you made to get on Suboxone and be treated for this disease called "Addiction"

It really is a miracle drug. I have been on subs since 2009. And ever since then, I have become a better more productive person... better mom, better employee , better friend..etc.

Keep up the great work!

PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2016 10:48 pm 

It's wonderful that you had a mom you could rely on and who helped you when you first got clean. Now you have a husband who appears to be supportive to! That can be so helpful!

I suggested on your other thread that you might find a part time job to make ends meet and it looks like you have a couple of kiddos at home. My daughter-in-law charges $60/day to keep someone else's child along with her three kids. Sounds like you have the kid thing down, so I hope that is something that you can consider.

Amy

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2016 9:02 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Amy-Work In Progress wrote:
It's wonderful that you had a mom you could rely on and who helped you when you first got clean. Now you have a husband who appears to be supportive to! That can be so helpful!

I suggested on your other thread that you might find a part time job to make ends meet and it looks like you have a couple of kiddos at home. My daughter-in-law charges $60/day to keep someone else's child along with her three kids. Sounds like you have the kid thing down, so I hope that is something that you can consider.

Amy

that's actually not a bad idea. I have never thought about doing something like that! I have 3 kids. only 1 goes t school full day and the other 2 are home all day. I would love to get a job but I live in an area that's one of the hardest spots of getting a job. most places want a college degree. plus its hard to keep a job because of my husbands work schedule and finding a sitter. but watching kids is something that never crossed my mind. idk why I used to babysit to make money when I was in school. thank you so much for your suggestion!

PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2016 11:16 pm 

You're welcome! I nannied for many years while my son was growing up so that I could bring him with me. I also watched an infant in my home once for a few months. $200 to $300 a week is not bad for something part time. Depending on where you live you don't necessarily need to be licensed. If a friend who has to work needs a sitter, you are in the perfect position to help her and yourself. I hope you can figure something out!

Amy