It is currently Fri Aug 18, 2017 1:17 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post subject: im new here plz help
PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2014 7:18 am 
New Poster
New Poster

Hi im mike im new here and need to be pointed the right direction ok here some of my story i was a pill head for 15yrs and became homeless until i found suboxone and in 11mnts ive just put a down payment on a house so subs have saved me butbmy probation officer dont know im on it i buy it from the streets and i only do 1mg aday my ? Is how can i pass a drug screen i dont have insurance to get a script all my $ goes for bills and feeding my kids help please not judgememt dont judge someone for the choices they have made untill you know what they had to choose from !!!!

Post subject: Re: im new here plz help
PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2014 5:54 am 

Hi Mike and welcome to the forum!

I'm sorry that no one has been able to answer your question so far. I have very little experience with drug testing as well, so I'm afraid I can't really help you.

I can tell you that, although we encourage people to find a sub doctor and get a prescription legally if they can, most of us understand that it's not always possible. You're right, we don't walk in your shoes so who are we to judge.

I hope someone comes along soon who knows more about passing drug tests. Good luck!

Amy

PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2014 12:16 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Mike, Hi and welcome to the forums. First off, you came to the right place for advice minus judgement. We all do a very good job of keeping an open mind about things as we all are here and none of us wished to be judged either.

To answer your question, unless your PO has a test specifically testing for buprenorphine, then it WILL NOT show on a drug panel. Bup does not show as an opiate. Most places like that give MANY MANY tests and are trying to do so as cheaply as possible. Most likely they are testing with a 5 panel or 8 panel test looking for the most common drugs of abuse (Amphetamine, methamphetamine, cocaine, THC, opiates, Phencyclidine (PCP), Barbiturates, and Benzodiazepine). With that being said, there are several things that can cause a false positive (Ibuprophen can cause a positive reaction to PCP and the Naloxone in Suboxone can trigger a positive for Oxycodone) in which case the drug screen (different than a drug test) is sent to be tested via GC/MS (Gas chromatography–mass spectrometry ). This is a true drug test and very hard to fool but its also expensive and only used if there is a positive in the drug screen. If you trigger a false positive in the drug screen, they will then find the Bup in your system even though you may have passed that portion of the drug screen. So there is that risk.

Also, as Buprenorphine becomes more main stream and the abuse rate goes up, the better the chance that your PO may have a test that checks for that drug.

Suboxone has a high half life and can be detected in your urine up to 10 days after stopping (normal opiates can't usually be detected after 72 hours). You could try to go clean for that amount of time, but you'd have to put up with any WDs.

How is your relationship with your PO? Maybe you should consider talking with him/her. Maybe if you can convince them that you are doing this to stay clean (even though you may be getting them illegally) they might help you to find a program so that you can get them legitimately. I know this is a BIG IF, but maybe just maybe he/she would appreciate the honesty and see that because your being honest that you truly mean it. That is a big IF and you risk violating parole, but if you get hit with a dirty drug screen you violate anyway and then you seem as if you were hiding it so there would be less of a chance to then talk your way out of it.

If that's not an option, then going clean for two weeks, dealing with the WDs, then getting back on them and doing it all over again for your next drug screen would be the only way to go.
there are several products on the market that try to mask drugs for a screen or that will claim to "clean you out in a few hours" but I have heard nothing but horror stories from those, especially those that clean, as I have heard stories of rampant diarrhea (that's one way to cleanse ;P) so IMO they are a waste of money and a gamble anyway.

So, that's what I have.... If anyone else can correct me or add to it, please do.

I wish you all the luck with which ever route you choose to take. Please keep us updated..

All the luck,

Reprieve

Our Sponsors
PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2014 6:22 am 
New Poster
New Poster

Thanks guys so much . i go every two weeks and last time i went he gave me the test but i could not pee so he said its ok well get it next time so i go tommarrow im gonna do 1half of a mg today and none tommarrow i have a very fast metabolisem if thats how you spell it lol and am gonna flush lots of water through my kidneys he uses a cup that has the testers alredy inside it and have never seen that type before ? Ill let you guys know what happens thanks again

PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2014 6:53 pm 

Hi Mike!

I hope your test went OK. It would be great if you could update us on what happened!

Amy

PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2014 6:43 am 
New Poster
New Poster

I ended up taking 1mg the morn of my screen and to my surprize i passed it with just drinking water and redbull he said there was a faint line but not enuff to fail me !!!!

PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2014 2:30 pm 

That must be a relief! Thanks for telling us how it went!

Amy