It is currently Sat Aug 19, 2017 3:17 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2012 8:15 am 
New Poster
New Poster

ok fisrt im going to comment on that whit flutterng stuff at the top when your mouse moves over the logo.. i havent slept in a long time abd hallucinations are starting si i though i was seeing snow flurries.

anyway my question, june 13th was my 1 year mark fr being on them and i shit you not (no pun, lol) i can only go MAYBE once a month. i was off if it for abut a month switching dctors so i was baxk to normal... it has to be rhe sub making me nor poo? also i have NO apppetite abd go days without food, just redbull ro soda.im just NEVER hungry im 5'9" and looked my best at 150ish im down to 129...

another question, do subs give you any eye strain?

ph and also i woke up with my left wrist unable to extend, or move.. i can move my fingers but its all numb on the thumb sde and i cant move it. this is day 3, its alot better than it was so im guessing its "weekend palay" and yes lol its real. ok im dibe

btw im stephen, 27, live in fl BY ALL THE DIRTY PAIN CLINICS!!! so yea its been hard but wed the 13th was my 1year mark and the day i woke up with a limp wrist

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2012 6:27 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

0rganeyeZd wrote:
ok fisrt im going to comment on that whit flutterng stuff at the top when your mouse moves over the logo.. i havent slept in a long time abd hallucinations are starting si i though i was seeing snow flurries.

anyway my question, june 13th was my 1 year mark fr being on them and i shit you not (no pun, lol) i can only go MAYBE once a month. i was off if it for abut a month switching dctors so i was baxk to normal... it has to be rhe sub making me nor poo? also i have NO apppetite abd go days without food, just redbull ro soda.im just NEVER hungry im 5'9" and looked my best at 150ish im down to 129...

another question, do subs give you any eye strain?

ph and also i woke up with my left wrist unable to extend, or move.. i can move my fingers but its all numb on the thumb sde and i cant move it. this is day 3, its alot better than it was so im guessing its "weekend palay" and yes lol its real. ok im dibe

btw im stephen, 27, live in fl BY ALL THE DIRTY PAIN CLINICS!!! so yea its been hard but wed the 13th was my 1year mark and the day i woke up with a limp wrist

Hi 0rganeyeZd and welcome to the forum. Yes, when you hover your mouse over the Suboxone, you see little floaty star-thingys. You are NOT hallucinating! ROFL. But you're not the first one to think they were!

Yes, constipation is a definite side effect of Suboxone (and many other opiates). There are many ways to treat it and be pro-active with it. Check out the "Side Effects" section and there are threads there on constipation (believe it or not).

I've heard of some people just starting sub having morning stiffness in their hands akin to carpal tunnel syndrome. But then it's possible that you had such a condition but it was hidden while you were abusing regular pain meds and now that you're off of them, the injury is more obvious. Just a possibility. You might want to get checked out just to rule out something else or an injury.

Eye strain isn't a typical side effect of suboxone, nor is anorexia. But, keep in mind that any medication can cause any side effect in any person.

I don't know what dose you're on, but you could consider trying to drop it slowly in an effort to reduce your side effects. Getting to the lowest possible dose to control your withdrawals and cravings should also reduce your side effects, as many on this forum will attest to. And almost every single person who gets down to their lowest possible dose also reports feeling better on the lower dose. Give it a try....and good luck.

I hope this helps. Again, welcome to the forum. :) Hope you feel better soon.

-I'm only responsible for what I say, not for what you understand.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2012 10:26 pm 

I have no idea for sure, but I can imagine that some of your problems may be due to nutritional deficiencies! You're not getting any fiber, which would help with the constipation. Also you're not getting the right amounts of vitamins and minerals. I see that Red Bull contains Niacin and some B vitamins, but think about some of the others you're not getting! Vitamin A supports eye health, for example. And potassium is crucial for survival!

I'm not a huge fan of fruits and veggies, so one thing I do is to buy Naked Juice by the half gallon at Costco. It's not just juice, it contains the whole fruit, so it not only gives you a bunch of vitamins, but there are 7 grams of fiber in one cup of their Blue Machine Juice (lots of blueberries.). I think they also have juices which have veggies in them too.

Amy