It is currently Fri Aug 18, 2017 10:57 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2012 10:04 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

[font=Comic Sans MS] [/font]
ok, Im going into my 12th day.......not much improvement yet and Im seriously sick of all this....not turning back though....Im fifty years old and I actually feel it now. So many people thought Id ride this out fast and easy because of my metabolism....its out of this world crazy high!!! Im five foot seven, 110 pounds, still defined muscle tone, not a gray hair to be found, still rocking the low rise jeans and tank tops , four kids and three grandchildren and no stretch marks.....love it when people ask to see my ID because they don't believe Im fifty.....today I look and feel fifty....thank you fucking suboxone....lol...apparently, My body isn't what it used to be and this is going to be a slow torturous process.....when I went to the doctor yesterday for clonadine, the nurses got me in stat! They couldn't believe it was me standing there....that does an ego friggen good! Yes, I now finally believe Im fifty...Its time to break out the geritol, and if I had a cane I would use it!! Day 12, barely hanging on and feeling sorry for myself....new emotion for me, and I don't like it....Ill push through another day and just hope this self pitying attitude goes away soon....and now that Im fifty it appears Iv lost the ability to spell too.....Ill think about that tomorrow, right now I don't really give a flying fig......

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2012 6:47 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Yes, the pain is only temporary and at the end of the pain is success!!

So, you're feeling sorry for yourself and that's a new emotion for ya.....you're probably gonna experience a few new emotions if your detox is typical, don't sweat it, just ride it out.

Keep up that great attitude of yours!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2012 9:05 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

akamsc, I am on 14 days off Sub, and my feelings on Sub & tapering are same as yours. I was on it for 6 years, I know a long time, at 6 mgs daily. It basically became my DOC, I had a 4 year pill addiction, btw. I could never taper. I would end up just taking more, and this went on for years! In May, I was down to my last 10 8 mgs Subs, and was just fed up. So I was actually able to taper myself, albeit painfully, to 2 mgs for like 2 weeks, then 1 mg for 4 weeks, then like .05 mgs for the last 4-5 days. It wasn't too bad, I was in WD, but was mostly ok. Then jumped 7/4, thought I'd go out with a bang. I took no prescription drugs for wd, just Advil & Benadryl. Amazing for me! The thing I hate the most is the sweating, and lack of sleep, and interrupted sleep. I had in the past had to jump off at like 6 mgs and it sucked, but I think no matter what you jump at, it's gonna be sucky. IMO. BUT, I am slowly getting better. I still sweat like a pig, have back pain, and interrupted sleep, but no bathroom issues, am eating like a horse, and have a little more motivation each day. I am a 32 year old female, and think whatever age you wd at sucks. Sorry, I am rambling, I just wanted you to know that you're not alone, and I totally sympathize with you, and really respect your honesty! Keep a positive attitude, IMO it makes all the difference.

Our Sponsors
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2012 10:26 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

akamsc wrote:
[font=Comic Sans MS] [/font]
ok, Im going into my 12th day.......not much improvement yet and Im seriously sick of all this....not turning back though....Im fifty years old and I actually feel it now. So many people thought Id ride this out fast and easy because of my metabolism....its out of this world crazy high!!! Im five foot seven, 110 pounds, still defined muscle tone, not a gray hair to be found, still rocking the low rise jeans and tank tops , four kids and three grandchildren and no stretch marks.....love it when people ask to see my ID because they don't believe Im fifty.....today I look and feel fifty....thank you fucking suboxone....lol...apparently, My body isn't what it used to be and this is going to be a slow torturous process.....when I went to the doctor yesterday for clonadine, the nurses got me in stat! They couldn't believe it was me standing there....that does an ego friggen good! Yes, I now finally believe Im fifty...Its time to break out the geritol, and if I had a cane I would use it!! Day 12, barely hanging on and feeling sorry for myself....new emotion for me, and I don't like it....Ill push through another day and just hope this self pitying attitude goes away soon....and now that Im fifty it appears Iv lost the ability to spell too.....Ill think about that tomorrow, right now I don't really give a flying fig......

That's just withdrawal. The aches and pains make one feel pretty darn old. It will get better, and you will feel young again.

It's understandable that you would hate Suboxone right now. It is the drug that's behind what you're going through. But Suboxone does serve a purpose, and once you are stabilised and feeling yourself again, it may be good for your recovery to find some kinda peace about your time on Sub. A lot of ex-Subbers can end up hating Sub and all it stands for, if anything just because they feel such an attitude keeps them from slipping back. I've found that those who are at peace with Sub after jumping off it are often the ones that do well.

Keep on pushing on you're doing really well. I agree that it'd be stupid to turn back now. Some people are just better suited to high-jump.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2012 11:39 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Hey CasiLibreQ, thanks for posting please keep us updated. I wish all jumpers and taper-ers kept in touch for longer. It's helps out a ton for many people..hope u Feel better!!

Hey akamsc, where u at? Did u really switch to subsux? :lol: please chek in, I wanna know if u made it back to work and how u r doin.. Hope ur ok!!

- gb