It is currently Thu Aug 17, 2017 3:43 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2012 8:35 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

[font=Arial] [/font] I am a 40 year old male, I have been on Suboxone films for 3 months now. They have been a life saver for me so far ! I intend to stay with the program and do long term maintenance. If it were not for the Subs I would NOT be able to stay clean. I really like the idea of this forum, a chance to talk with people who I have something in common with, as I do not talk to my old so called (friends) :roll: anymore. We have nothing in common now, and is too tempting for me to be around them. I have so many questions, and want to interact with all of you. If there is anything I may be able to help you answer, I will be around to help the best that I can. I have been addicted to opiates for over 10 years, sometimes worse then others. Tried to quit on my own many times and never succeeded. I needed opiates every day just to be able to get out of bed ! Just to feel what I felt was normal, which was any kind of opiate i could get that day. VICODIN was my steady, but without it, I had to play the daily game OXY, MORPHINE, and of course HEROIN. The bottom dropped out of my life when I started the "H" Every day SICK, SICK, SICK, SICK from withdrawals to the point that I would rather have been dead than feel that way. With the Subs I can function they give me a peaceful, calm, tranquil outlook on my life, a sense of ETERNAL SERENITY. that is why I chose that user name, I wanted to try to change it to something simpler, but I guess you cannot change the user name for some reason, oh well. Anyhow I apologize for this long intro. but I just wanted to share a little bit of myself with all of you. I hope to be of some help with some threads on here, and maybe just chat a little, while my subs dissolve :lol: I am very serious about staying clean, I hope to be of some help to you all !!!!

Post subject: Post Away
PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2012 4:12 pm 

Good to have you with us eternal serenity and Welcome to the forum. Feel free to answer posts, help the new poster with info and whatever else you want to share. It's nice how Sub just changes your life almost by the second day you take it. Once a person gets used to it and the clear thinking returns, most of us felt like you, full of hope for the future.

So you've already decided to be a lifer on Suboxone? I understand the addiction thing where it seems impossible to be able to live life without some kind of opiate in us. You may be on it for life, who knows? On a recent visit to my Sub Dr., he asked me if I really wanted to be on it for life. It was the way he said it that got to me. It was one of pity, not support that now has me thinking about getting off this drug in the near future. Not sure how near but at least I'm thinking about it. No way will I ever say I'll be on it for life because we never know what life will throw our way. That is my opinion anyway.

Pull up a chair and get settled in. Post, post away~~~~

Rule

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2012 5:12 pm 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

Hi and welcome to the forum!

I am also 40 but female. I think this is a good year to turn my life around. I was doing well for two years until I relapsed. Now I have increased my support and feel like this is my year to change things for the better. It sounds like you are doing the same thing. So congrats!

This is a great forum with awesome people. I hope you stick around and post any questions ypu have!

Our Sponsors
 Post subject: Thank you !
PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2012 10:40 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

[font=Arial Black] [/font] Thank you for the warm welcome :) It is a daily struggle to stay clean, but with the help of Suboxone, and support of other recovering addicts it makes things much more pleasant !