It is currently Sun Aug 20, 2017 1:50 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2011 11:55 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

I'm hoping this will go thru. I'll be right back if it does,been having problems posting

Marie

Post subject: New Member
PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2011 12:08 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

[b][i]

I think I made it.

My name is Marie. I hope I'll be able to continue coming back here. I've had lots of problems trying to get in and stay in the site. I'm so pleased to see a place for those of us that have choosen Suboxone.

I was on Suboxone 3 yrs. ago. I've had 2 surgeries in the last 2 years and my addiciton came to live with a vengance. I finally found a Dr. willing to take my Ins. and the waiting period to be able to get in and see him. I went to get my Suboxone filled and I was told I needed a PA. Got it and was denied. I'm now appealing it.
I bought one weeks worth and there is no way I can buy anymore.
My Ins. is Humana with Medicare. Three yrs. ago there was no problem having these paid for thru the same Ins.
I was told last week that I could not be on any narcotics. I tried to explain to them I was aware of this and that is why I'm choosing to take the Suboxone. Anything I was on before I'm fully aware I can no longer take.
I'm very stressed over being denied again and having to go thru this long process of appeals. If I had the money I'd play along with there game if need be. I don't have the money and I know there is no way I can do this after 5 days of Suboxone. I had felt so relieved when I finally was able to get back on it.
I also have Lupus and have had seizures in the past. The seizure were not due to my abuse of the pills. I had several when I was clean.
If anyone has any suggestions I'd love to hear them.

I'm also,so pleased to see there is a site for ppl like us that want to choose this route. I've tried other ways before years ago and that's another story.
I feel with the Suboxone and therapy and hanging out with all you guys that are doing the same way that I may have some hope this time.

Sorry,I wrote such a long post.

Thank You for being here.
Marie

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2011 11:28 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Hi cajunmeme (meme, that's what I called my grandmother....french, eh!),

Welcome to the forum!

I wish I had some advice for you, but I really don't. I wanted to post in your thread because I didn't want you to think that you were being ignored, it's just that your question is tough one. Hopefully, another member will come by and offer up some advice to you.

I hope you're able to get everything worked out soon.

Our Sponsors
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2011 12:24 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

[b][i]

Hi Romeo,
Thanks for the reply...Just knowing someone cares means so much to me.
I also got a message from another member. The ppl here seem to be so nice...How refreshing.

I went by the Dr. office and asked them to call the Ins. They had called me this morning and said that maybe the Dr. office could call and have my appeal Extradited. I'm hoping this will work. I also asked about the Subutex but she said she was going to try this first. I don't know how my Dr. would feel about the Subutex b/c I don't think it has Naloxene which I think is what blocks the narcotic crazing or something in that affect.
This is so stressful. It feels like when I would panic to be able to find the pain pills and I thought that nightmare would be over.
I'm going to cut my dosage down today so I can stretch it out. After tomorrow I'll be out and no way can I afford to buy anymore.

Thanks for caring,it means so much

Marie

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2011 1:12 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Hi Marie and welcome. I hate insurance companies! Dr. J just did a couple of posts on his blog about Humana recently. He has been challenging them on behalf of one of his patients. You might want to try sending a message directly to Dr. J, although i know he doesn't have time to answer everyone. Maybe someone else with Humana will reply to this thread.
Good Luck,
Lilly

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2011 1:29 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

[b][i]

Hi Lillval,
Actually,I came across the article from Dr. about his patient,which is how I found this site.
I'm waiting to hear back from the Dr. office after they talk to the Ins. I'm trying to stay positive,but very scared. Sure I can and will appeal it and play there game if need be but in the mean time I need to be able to fill the rest of my Suboxone. You would think the Ins. would be willing to pay for this after all the money they have put out while I was on so many narcotics.
I think what gets me even more is that some clerk sitting behind a desk that knows nothing about me or my health issues is making a decision that can make or break me.
I don't think many ppl can afford to pay for Suboxone. If I get denied again i'm hoping my Dr. will be willing to switch me to Subutex. I understand it's not as expensive.

Thanks for caring.
'Marie

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2011 10:12 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

[b][i]

Thought I'd give a quick update on my situation with Humana denying my Suboxone.

I went to the Dr. office and the nurse said she would call the Ins. and call as soon as she talked to them. Never heard back from her.
I called the Ins. and the office for that Dept. had just closed. I did get to talk to someone there and she was not able to find anything regarding the Appeal.
This tells me that the Ins. Co. did not send it to be appealed and the Dr. office did not call either.
I don't get this. It took over a month for me to get in to see this Dr. he pumped me up on how he would help me and his office is not helping me. It's been 6 days and no one is doing there job.
I'm going to try to get the money together some how to buy a couple more days of Suboxone. I can not continue to do this. I'm going to have myself in a serious financial situation.
However,if I don't I know once the W/D kicks in I'll be looking for pills. I don't want to do that. I want out this nightmare. If I were to try to get a script for the pain meds I would screw up more than one thing here. The Ins. certainly would not pay for it in the future. If my Dr. got wind of it and I'm sure he would eventually then he would give me the boot. He is the only Dr. that I've been able to find that is willing to take my Ins.
I'm certainly not in the position to be a bitch to either office that's for sure. That would only slow them all down more than they already are.
I can only pray for this to get resolved SOON. If I do get approved I'll work on getting my money back. If I don't get approved I don't know what I'll do.
I feel like I'm still caught in the nightmare I've been trying to get out of.

Okay,so this was not exactly a quick update...LOL

Thanks for allowing me to rant.

Marie

Also,Romeo,my grand kids call me MeMe also.....A cajun meme