It is currently Fri Aug 18, 2017 6:18 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Sat Dec 21, 2013 9:20 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

I started suboxone on Tue after being addicted to opiates since 2005.. until that day I had used some form of opiates every day for 2 yrs. My Dr starts everyone off at 8 milligrams once a day or 4 milligrams 2x a day. I don't really have anyone to talk to, either my friends are in active addiction or they've never experienced it. I start going to meetings on Mon and therapy Thursday, but in the meantime I'm worried because I'm having some intense cravings. I took an extra 2 milligrams yesterday and today and i feel horrible for it, I just wanted the feeling/thought to go away and I don't want to use anything. I understand what my triggers are, but they have been unavoidable the last couple days. I don't know what to do with myself honestly. I was justwwondering if this has happened to anyone else and how you handled it.. i want my sobriety so badly, for myself and for my family.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 21, 2013 8:10 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

abeautifulLie wrote:
I started suboxone on Tue after being addicted to opiates since 2005.. until that day I had used some form of opiates every day for 2 yrs. My Dr starts everyone off at 8 milligrams once a day or 4 milligrams 2x a day. I don't really have anyone to talk to, either my friends are in active addiction or they've never experienced it. I start going to meetings on Mon and therapy Thursday, but in the meantime I'm worried because I'm having some intense cravings. I took an extra 2 milligrams yesterday and today and i feel horrible for it, I just wanted the feeling/thought to go away and I don't want to use anything. I understand what my triggers are, but they have been unavoidable the last couple days. I don't know what to do with myself honestly. I was justwwondering if this has happened to anyone else and how you handled it.. i want my sobriety so badly, for myself and for my family.

hi abeautifulLie,
Im new at this also, and am pretty much in the same situation as you are. Im sure someone on here w/ experience will get back to you soon. But you shouldn't feel horrible for taking more, u needed it. I don't think your dr gave you the correct amount to start w/. All I can suggest is call your dr and tell him. But hang in there u r doing the best you can :)

PostPosted: Sun Dec 22, 2013 1:38 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

My husband lectured me when he counted my strips because the one was open. I tried explaining to him how i was feeling, but his best friend is in clinicals in nursing school and because he told him some people abuse the suboxone to get high, which he assumed thats what i was doing, i was made out to be failing. I hate trying to explain an opiate addiction to someone who assumes they know everything about it. So event though i didnt go out and get high, or try to, i felt as if i ws treated like a child. Thank you for the reassuring words. I do believe i was started off on the wrong dose, but who am I to argue with the Dr. How many days sober do you have? do you have a good support team in place? At least of professional to help you?
Thanks again, and i appreciat you taking ths time to write back =)

Our Sponsors
PostPosted: Thu Jan 30, 2014 6:05 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Hi this topic is kinda old but I know how you feel about the cravings but hang in there! It does get better and one thing that always helps me is to think of it as a wave, a wave that will pass in time not matter how big it is. Hope that helps! :)

PostPosted: Thu Jan 30, 2014 6:19 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

that is true. a typical craving actually only last 10-15 min.