It is currently Sat Aug 19, 2017 2:09 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2013 8:49 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Good evening all,
Just would like to say hello and thank you for all the information this forum has. I've reading A LOT in the last month about Sub and I am so READY!! I've been on opiates for almost 11 years, starting out as a pain patient but now it's just maintaining and I want my life back!

PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2013 8:56 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Good for you LibbyDawn!

Making the decision to get help is a tough one, and a big step toward getting your life back! I hope your experience is a good one. Did your doctor fill you in on how long you need to be opiate free before your induction? Some doctors want to see you first, then have you come back in for the actual induction. That's how mine worked, but then I found out that if I had been 24 hours without dosing he would have induced me that day. It would have been much easier if I had known that before going in to see him for the first time.

I wish you the best of luck, and welcome to the forum!

Q

PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2013 9:21 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

The doctor did not specify but my plan is to be in W/D when I go in. I have a close friend that's been on Sub for about 4months now and she's been a great help plus I've been reading everyone's experiences on here as well. I'm seeing a psychiatrist that can prescribe Sub as I am also in need of some help for mental health as well. I have suffered severe depression for years and I've never followed through treating it properly so it's time I take care of me, mentally.

Our Sponsors
PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2013 10:35 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Hi Libby, welcome to the forum!!

Are you an addict? Are you abusing your pain pills? How many do you take a day? Are you planning on using Suboxone just to detox off your pain meds?

Sorry, I didn't mean to bombard you with questions, I'm just curious of your situation so I can provide better advice to you.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 26, 2013 1:36 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Hi there,
I would have to say Yes I'm addict because my life now depends on an opiate. I've been on Norco's for almost 11years but the last 2years have become horrible. In the last 2years I was in a car accident, and also had a baby and developed a severe infection in my breast that I dealt with for nearly 2 years that required 2 surgeries. The medication that I used to take as prescribed became my only way to get through the day with being sick all the time w/constant fevers, back issues, the breast pain, fibro, all while trying to work, take care of 3 children 2, 9, and 14. I cannot say exactly how many I take per day it depends on the day and my pain level. I'm prescribed 180/month but usually run out in about 2wks some times less than 2wks. I do not plan to use Suboxone for detox only, it's my plan to use for maintenance. I've come to realize what the pain medication has done to me and I also realize I will only continue to need more and more and more and I'm SO OVER IT!!!!
Sorry it took so long for me to respond, I'm new to this so I did not know you had responded. I'm learning though as I've spent the last week reading everything I can on this site!! It's great!!!

PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2013 3:55 pm 

So today's the day, right? How did your first appointment go? Fill us in on the details!

Amy

PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2013 4:32 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Hello! Actually they got me in yesterday so I had my first dose last night! Its going really well so far, no W/D or those dreadful cravings and I feel ALIVE!! Im heading to see the Dr now to update him on how it went!

PostPosted: Thu Oct 31, 2013 5:01 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Hey Libby, is Suboxone treating your pain OK?

PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2013 2:02 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Hi Libby:). I'm just checking in. How are you doing? I hope your silence means you are doing great!