It is currently Tue Aug 22, 2017 10:01 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2013 9:36 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Hi I am new to the forum and have been reading some threads I have to say it has given me sum strength.....I have been sub free for almost 4 days the worst part is the RLS and the insomnia for me anyways I am just waiting for the worst of it to hit....Ive w/d off of oxy's & methadone and that was torture if this is worse as it gets ill b able to make it.....Ill b honest i never thought i would b able to get off the subs i can actually see myself doing this.....been doing all the tips....hot baths vitamins water and trying to excerise if anyone has any other great tips would love to hear them.....thanks for reading!!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 12:39 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Hi Jeaner,

Welcome to the forum!

If you can got some Clonidine (not to be confused with Klonopin), it'll help with the wd symptoms. Clonidine will help the "antsy-ness" and it'll more than likely help you get some sleep.

You're on day 4, Suboxone wd usually peaks around day 7 or so. That's not to say what you're feeling right now will get worse, but it may be day 7 or so before things get better.

What dose did you jump from? Did you taper at all?

It looks like you've been through Oxy and Methadone wd....Suboxone wd is usually not as intense as those, so that's good news for ya!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 7:42 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Thanks for replying....and i thought i was doing good..lol so i have to wait 3 more days??? Ugh the waiting is killing me I am just ready for the worse to happen!!!! I know thats not the most positive outlook. Lets see was on subs for close to 3 yrs wouldve been 3 yrs next month my sub dr pissed me off was suppose to b the last time i went so what does he do give me a drug test, he didnt even test me when i first started there of course i came back clean but was just the fact that i pay him every month out of my pocket no one else paid for it.....So I decided that I wasnt going back because I feel like they just wanted to keep me on the medicine becuz well next time will b ur last time??? So I was prescribed at the end to take like a half of a 2mg a day......The whole time i went to the sub dr I never really needed all the meds he gave me so i had a nice stockpile so i never went back and ive been tapering the whole time i litereally was taking crumbs if u can do that with a sub strip its hard but doable...i dont even know what mililgram it would b cuz it was small little squares i was taking 1 small square a day till they were all gone....i actually slept all night thanks to tylenol pm and a little bit of a xanxas....I am actually going to go to work today wish me luck.......Ive read only 10% get off of this drug.....I need to b a part of that small number i really really need to be if not I am gonna end up dying this is my 3rd try getting off of opiates lets hope 3rd times a charm!!!!!

Our Sponsors
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 10:21 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Hey there! Congrats on your progress! I am on day 3 of no subs. Last dose was at noon on Thursday and I was down to .5 every other day :)
As of now I am doing fine physically! It's the mental part that gets me! Just like you I am waiting for the worst! I truly think that BOTH of us will be fine. I have to believe that or I won't do it! This is my second time coming off subs....and about my billionth time coming off opiates in general lol
The way I see it.....I am LUCKY right now. If you've never been in detox you can still imagine
I am in my own home and my own bed. I am not surrounded by strangers sharing a toilet in detox! I'm not on a "smoke break schedule" where I haveto smoke inside of a cage listening to people glorify their drug use.....
I can eat what I want when I want!
I can take my clonidine and ibuprofen when I want!
I don't have to get out of bed for group!!!!!
I could go on for days....lol
I think the leg pain and restlessness and insomnia is probably going to be the worst of it aside from anxiety. Grab some clonidine if you can...if not then I would just recommend whatever sleep aid works best for you :)
You're doing great! Lets do thisssssss!!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 7:56 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

It sounds like you did a good taper, that means you've minimized whatever wd you will get. As far as wd peaking around day 7, those are just averages. Everyone is different in their experience getting off Suboxone. Some folks taper down low, jump off and hit the ground running. Some people taper low, jump off and still struggle with wd.

You mentioned you read that only 10% of people get off this drug. I think the stat is only 10% of people stay off. Getting off Suboxone and staying off opiates altogether are two different animals.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 8:54 pm 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

They could peak on day 4, day 7, day 10. It's so random. My worst came within the first 6 days. It was marginally easier after that point.

The worst symptom for me was anxiety. RLS and insomnia were annoying but anxiety beat me down. Don't think of it as waiting, think of it as you're beating this. On day 4 I wanted to die and I didn't taper.

Stick with it! Try to only use Xanax through the most intense symptoms. Last thing you want is a new powerful addiction.

Keep with it! You've got this

Post subject: Thank U Thank U
PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 5:05 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Thanks so much for everyone's response I really apperciate it.....I have a lot of support here at home but no one here at home really knows what it is like to have to go thru this yes there all so proud of me I was pretty proud of myself for working all day yesterday & working today to of course ive not made it there yet but I think ill b ok......SALEM: Lets beat this thing together!!!! Ive been reading ur post and we sound alot alike if u need to chat PM me.

I am very thankful for finding this site i wish i wouldve found it 3 yrs ago it gives me hope that someday ill b free of this terrible addiction that i really dont even know how it started or why it started all i do know is that i am on day 5 and i have never been 5 days clean & I never thought id b going to work on day 5 BUT I am!!!!!!

Post subject: Getting Really Scared
PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 1:17 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Ive been lurking and reading on this site for the last couple days....I really dont know what to think right now i am day 5 no subs & today I feel like crap which i knew was going to happen but i keep thinking about who i really am???? Ive been an addict for 13 yrs & ive been with my b/f for 12yrs. He is an amazing person he takes such good care of me and has supported me through everything ive been thru well when he found out about my addiction I never told him he found out and then i lied to his face with my script for subs sitting right in front of me & him that he found in the trash.....for 1 full year i went to the methadone clinic everyday and he didnt know i am not sure how i did that but i did and then my sis finally found me a sub dr and i hid that for another year until he found my scripts in the trash....i didnt know how to tell him, we had only been living together for a few years so i was afraid that he may want my daughter and me to leave because of it. But I was totally wrong should've been honest with him up front & told him he was moving in with an addict but I was embarrassed & very ashamed.....Not many people know about my dirty little secret my mom and dad no nothing & I cant tell them they wouldnt understand......So I am wondering does my b/f really no the REAL me?? i dont even no the real me anymore....I dont remember the real me its been so long and ive put all this crap in my body to feel normal for so long I DONT EVEN KNOW WHAT NORMAL FEELS LIKE....Normal is this feeling dead inside becuz i feel dead inside right now and i shouldnt!!!! I am wondering will I ever b ok???? Sorry just rambling I dont know what else to do other then to come to this forum and read and write!!!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 3:59 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Hey Jeaner,

First I wanted to say that everything you're feeling is completley normal. Opiate wd can be very hard emotionally. The doubts, the second guessing and the hopeless feelings are pretty normal.

You have to understand that you've been flooding your brain with external opiates for long enough that your brain shut down it's normal "opiate" production. The brains normal opiate production machinery is partly (largely?) responsible for mood and regulating your emotional state. Your brain is going crazy right now trying to figure out why there are no more external opiates. With your opiate levels out of whack, your brain is making you feel kinda nutty while your emotional state is crashing.

Your brain is working on starting up your natural opiate production machinery again, but it takes time for it to get it right. Think of a car that's been left out in a field for years and years. Now think about going to start that thing up. It's gonna sputter and belch smoke and knock and carry on for a while. That's kinda what your brain is doing and it'll do it for a while.

As for your last question asking whether you'll ever be ok.....yes you will. I clearly remember my early wd and I clearly remember being scared shitless that I had permanently buggered my brain up. But I was too stubborn to give up the dream of living without opiates, so I hung on and things eventually got better. To tell you the truth, I was actually pretty surprised that I got back to feeling normal again, I truly wasn't expecting it. The whole rub here is that it takes time.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 4:44 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

You are doing GREAT first of all! I am on day 4 and it's not pleasant but its nowhere near kicking methadone or heroin/pills...so far its been anxiety that is the worst for me...and the lovely depression of course! This morning I wanted to leap out the window rather than get up..I didnt sleep a damn wink! Anyhow...we can DO THIS!!!!! I am right here with you. I took some Imodium last night bc I read that it helps w opiate withdrawal...and I ALMOST ate the whole damn box until I realized...that was a BAD idea! I swear I could get addicted to anything! !!!!
All of the feelings you're having are normal! I feel the same damn way! Like WHO am I even!?? I have filled myself with opiates and anything else I could find for 15 years out of the 30 I've been alive...so I'm clueless on who I am without them..looks like I'm gonna find out!!! Keep on keepin on! I'm not giving up either!!!!!

Post subject: WOW 1 week clean
PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 7:07 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Romeo: thanks for the info and replying I have to remember that my brain is re setting itself in a way.
I took myself to the ER yesterday due to my work wanting to act stupid but I guess everything happens for a reason really glad I went.....they gave me the meds ive been reading about on here and they have helped.....DOES ANYTHING HELP THE RESTLESS LEGS??? I was up most of the night with it, i guess u just have to deal with it. Any other advice u got Romeo lay it on me.

Salem: going on day 7 today....how r u doing? I am hanging in there I was suppose to work again today but since my job is being asses & forced me to go to the ER I got a dr note till the 31st so I am going to take at least 1 more day to relax & get my "footing" back the last few days ive not slept nor really ate so I dont feel strong enough to go serve people and b nice.....it seems this withdrawl is messing with my head more then anything.....The dr at the ER asked me if i was starting to crave the subs or any opiates I told him no i dont think he believed me but its true I am not craving anything but normalcy (sp?) Let me no how ur doing Salem I hope good!!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 11:32 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Hey Jeaner,

Congratulations on 7 days!!

Ugh, the RLS....the ONLY thing I found to help with the RLS was getting on our elliptical machine and running until I was about to fall off the dang thing....which took all of 2 minutes back then. I tried all the vitamins and all the other OTC stuff, but nothing helped. Running on the elliptical thingy and wearing my legs out was the only thing that worked. A 2 minute run would get rid of the RLS for 2 to 3 hours at a time.

Also, it was my experience and from what I've seen on the forum, many others experience, that the RLS only lasts a week or two.

Have you been taking hot showers? While you're in the shower, you'll feel pretty darn normal and that's always a welcome relief.

You really should try to make yourself eat, even if it's only comfort food. The ONLY thing I ate during my early wd was bacon. When I'm sick or not feeling well, I crave bacon? Don't know why, but I ate the heck out of it during my early wd. I drank lots of Gatorade too.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 12:09 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Romeo I am dyin over here about the bacon! I am craving some weird stuff! Last night I made my husband go get me the ingredients for my homemade mac n cheese...broccoli w cream sauce....and bacon with heinz 57 sauce!!!!!! Lol topped that off with a large bag of mixed choclate bars!!!! Of course I didnt eat but a few bites of each! Each bite was damn good!!! I find this appetite thing to be particularly odd bc I could NEVER eat when I was sick..omg never. I always lost at least 10lbs during opiate withdrawal...that was the only upside! Yeah not so much this time!
Jeaner I am really glad you got the meds to help you! I am actually doing really well. I have the RLS of course but it comes and goes...I have actually been sleeping which is completely amazing bc I don't normally sleep even when I am on subs.
Today is day 6 for me. I keep waiting for it to get worse but it never does! I think I was expecting this to be like the withdrawals from heroin or pills....or god forbid methadone...but for me personally it is nowhere even remotely close. I have no idea why this has been so mild for me. I hope that your symptoms start to subside soon and you can get some rest. Hang in there...you're doing awesome!!!!!! 7 days!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 12:19 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Ive been looking into getting to a gym becuz i dont have anything like that here at home....so right now im doing hot hot hot baths & the showers Oh & Romeo ur right when i am soaking in that hot ass tub i feel NORMAL weird i said i should just live in here...lol
Last night was by far the worse for the RLS i literally took 3 baths and finally that last 1 at 3am this morning let me go to sleep till about 530 but now i am tired and feel like napping but i am not sure if i should??? Also I am wondering if my Wendy's wild berry tea i bought last night had something to do with it....ive not had 1 since i went off the subs....so i think i need to stay away from caffiene at night.
I have been eating not a lot at one time but just kinda snacking.....the last 2 days ive actually been able to get up and do household chores, laundry dishes I made dinner last night....I should be going back to work on saturday.
I really thought id b laid up in bed for weeks with this w/drawl but so far im impressed but not gonna get ahead of myself
Romeo again thanks for ur responses it really does mean alot.....i really dont have any other sources to go by this forum is great wish i wouldve found it 3 yrs ago...lol

Post subject: SALEM
PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 12:25 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

hey there Salem good to hear from u...glad u r doing amazing day 6 i never thought i would have a week clean off of anything.....Girl I am jealous u can eat and crave food ohhhh how i wish i did i literally have to tell myself u will eat this now and u will chew it and then u will swallow it and repeat....lol i know stupid but i just have no desire to eat heck i even smoked a little bit thinking that would make me wanna eat not really.....so i am forcing myself becuz i need the strength to go back to work soon!!!!!
keep up the good work kiddo ur gonna be going on a week 2mrw and thats something to b proud of!!!!!!!!!! :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 6:42 pm 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

Romeo wrote:
Hey Jeaner,

Congratulations on 7 days!!

Ugh, the RLS....the ONLY thing I found to help with the RLS was getting on our elliptical machine and running until I was about to fall off the dang thing....which took all of 2 minutes back then. I tried all the vitamins and all the other OTC stuff, but nothing helped. Running on the elliptical thingy and wearing my legs out was the only thing that worked. A 2 minute run would get rid of the RLS for 2 to 3 hours at a time.

Also, it was my experience and from what I've seen on the forum, many others experience, that the RLS only lasts a week or two.

Have you been taking hot showers? While you're in the shower, you'll feel pretty darn normal and that's always a welcome relief.

You really should try to make yourself eat, even if it's only comfort food. The ONLY thing I ate during my early wd was bacon. When I'm sick or not feeling well, I crave bacon? Don't know why, but I ate the heck out of it during my early wd. I drank lots of Gatorade too.

I followed his advice on comfort foods and now I'm a few pounds heavier and can't poop normal. No IBS till this suggestion, now it won't cease... Lays potato chips & French onion dip are not intelligent for avoiding bathroom issues. I place all my blame about this on Romeo. He has to live with this the rest of his life. :lol:

Aha! But it made me feel Human again. Not eating really intensifies things. Stuff your face, you'll find food more enjoyable real soon jeaner. And if the bathroom issues do start, imagine it as cleansing your body. Oh and buy BABY WIPES!

I completely dropped caffeine during my first 15 days. Drop anything and everything that could help the RLS and insomnia. It truly doesn't need any help. It does quite well on its own.

Jeaner go out and purchase your absolute favorite snack food. You need nourishment through this process. Who cares how you get it, just get something inside of ya. It helps, specially if you get any anxiety. I don't know why.

If you read my post somewhere around page two I go into my experience with doctors. Absolutely disgusted me. They do indeed look at you like you're about to rob a crack dealer for your next fix. They don't seem to understand people do want too become clean. Often with their own methods. Not everyone wants to go to NA / AA and listen to the glory days.

RLS absolutely infuriating. It does go away however! It's just so random when that happens. By day 12 I was pretty much past RLS. It was a much more relaxed version I was feeling.

I was a crying, blabing machine for the entirety of about 10 days. I would cry to music, tv, stray cats, leaves on trees. Whatever provoked my inner poet. I absolutely felt like I was going crazy. Felt like a different person. Towards day 10 I felt like a sleepless zombie.

That goes away too :)

7 days! Absolutely incredibly impressive! Keep it up! Keep exercising & eat! I didn't eat anything for two days, than went and got some BK stackers and I felt about 2245% better!

You've got this! Be proud of yourself, and a lesson I didn't learn right away, be kind to yourself.

-WTBF

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 10:19 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

WTBF....LOL!!! I thought I was the only dumbass on the planet who GAINED weight during my wd!!! I couldn't believe I had an appetite while going through Suboxone wd, but I did and I wasn't complaining!!! Bacon and Gatorade were all I needed!!! LOL

Jeaner, I would avoid caffeine at all costs right now. Caffeine is not gonna do you any favors at bedtime and it certainly won't help with the anxiety. I'm glad you found the forum and I'm glad it's been a help to you!!

Post subject: YAY
PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 8:21 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Well I actually slept all night had to take 3 hot hot baths but finally got the RLS under control plus I ate a good dinner last night, so i am hoping that i have mayb turned the corner a bit at least i hope so i gotta go back to work on Sat.

Romeo I have decided to cut the caffeein out all together just gonna stick to water....I think I am acutally gonna venture out today its my sis bday so i think ill go see her!!!!

Want: thanks for reponding as well this forum has been a god sent to me I apperciate everyones input and advice & i am going this a.m to purchase the foods i like to eat see if that helps

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 9:23 pm 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

Get any delicious fewd today Jeaner?

Congratulations on sleep, you achieved that far quicker than myself. That's incredible!

If RLS plagues you tonight, try 2 minutes of intense exercise. Get some sweat going on that brow. Than immediately after hop into the hottest bath your tub can make ( make sure you have some drinkable water in reach ).

I used this a few nights and it took the RLS away. It ended up being stupid anxiety keeping me awake.

Day 8 soon?!?! Look at chu!

Straight being a champ throughout this process.

Keep it up Jeaner!

-WTBF

Post subject: Day 9 Yay
PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 9:51 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

WANT: yep i actually ate yesterday.....BK at that a big fat greasy juicy whopper and it was darn good......with me being a server and not working I am soooo broke so i am back to work tomorrow wish me luck Ive not been into work for a week so i hope it all goes ok.....Then last night I was craving donuts so i ate sum donuts they were pretty good....I could stand to gain a few pounds!!!!

Well I did sleep agian last night BUT i found that the 2 nights previous i took the clonidine and i had the worst rls and my arms were really restless but last night i didnt take it and barely had any of that so i am not sure why it would do that to me and then again it could all be in my head.

Today is day 9 and I am feeling pretty decent! Daytime is my friend but night time is still my enemy for now....Thanks for all ur words WANT they lift me up all of the people who have responded to me has given me such hope. I know i am not alone and that there are people who know what i am going thru good to have a place to come to and vent and get encouragement.....More people need to know about this site so they know that it is doable u can get off of whatever ur on!!!!!