It is currently Mon Aug 21, 2017 10:07 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post subject: Checking in......
PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2013 7:54 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

66 days clean and going strong....I hope everyone has been doing good!!!

I feel like I am almost back to normal still have the occasional insomnia and I still have the nagging feeling that i should be taking my meds but that seems to be getting easier

Just wanted to bump my thread up havent been on in awhile!!!!

Peace out & goooo Butler Bulldogs & IU Hoosiers.....Love March Madness!!!!!!

PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2013 6:13 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Hi everyone just wanted to stop by and sayyyyy tomorrow is 90 days for me Whoop Whoop!!!

Ive not been on the site in a while so ive been reading threads and I want everyone to know that is struggling with this beast we call suboxone it can be conquered.....You can live ur live sub / opiate free. No it isnt easy i read in one thread that at some point u do have to pay the piper and yep ur right u most def do but once ur thru the hard part of the w/drawls anything is possible.

Ok so I got a good one for u guys.....had to have a tooth pulled last week was in a lot of pain went to the dentist had a discussion with him about how i dont take pain killers etc.......so i get the tooth pulled he gives my scripts and guess what one of them was for hydro's i left it sitting on the table in the room the dentist runs out and says excuse me you forgot ur script for ur pain meds and I looked at him and said no i didnt i dont need those and i left it there walked out he looked at me like i was crazy!!!!!!
So that was last thurs and yes i was in pain but u know what i took motrin and u no what it worked it took the pain away which just shows me that yes in some cases people need potent pain meds like for major surgerys people who are sick with cancer etc but to have a tooth pulled u dont need the pain meds the pain is managable with OTC stuff!!!!

Anyone out there that is scared to try to get off this drug try not to be it is doable and u can stay clean that is also doable....this is not my 1st run in with opiates since quitting the subs but i walked away both times.....u just have to want it really bad & I want it really bad the soberity I just want to live a normal life.....since i dont go to the dr 2 times a month and dont have to buy the subs I have more money and I feel like i have more freedom!!!!

Just know anyone can do this!!!!! :lol:

PostPosted: Tue Jan 21, 2014 10:08 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

:!: I have not been on in quite sometime so I wanted to bump this thread up and I wanted to let everyone know how I am doing!!! On Thursday Jan 23 I will b clean for 1 WHOLE YEAR!!!! I still cant believe it....the last time I posted on here I was 90 days and now I am close to a year.

Its not been easy just last week I had a co worker offering to sell me pills I looked at him and said u got the wrong girl and walked away....I had no desire I didn't even think twice about saying no!!!!
I still have weird sleeping habits and at times I still feel the withdrawls which has to be all in my head!!!!

I hope everyone is doing good!! Please know that this can be done, I didn't think I could do it I really didn't but I did so don't give up keep fighting give urself a chance to be truly happy and love urself so u can love others!!!! Peace :mrgreen:

Our Sponsors
PostPosted: Wed Jan 22, 2014 3:58 am 

Congratulations, Jeaner! One year under your belt!

What would you say has been the most challenging thing about staying in recovery without being on sub? Did any part of your decision to get off sub include pressure from your doctor or other people, or were you being bothered by severe side effects?

I sincerely hope that your recovery stays strong for many years to come!

Amy

PostPosted: Wed Jan 22, 2014 11:54 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Amy: Hardest part for me was the habit of it, I was so use to taking something I felt like part of me was gone for a while anyways.....I basically just stopped going, the last time I went to see my Sub Dr it was suppose to be my last time and they didn't want to let me be done....I was a good patient showed up on time always paid they never had any issue's with me honestly I think they didn't wanna lose my money so I played along got my script and never went back....I had sub's stock piled I never ever took what was prescribed to me....when I was taking it I started tapering way b4 he started to taper me so I had plenty of meds so I just rode out with what I had and basically walked off of it!! I honestly just wanted to b done I was tired of being dependent on the sub's I wanted to be free that was my whole point of going to the Sub Dr....I was 10yrs chasing pills, then did methadone for a year, and my sis found me a Sub Dr and I was on that for 3 yrs so for me 13yrs was long enough!!!!

So Monday was my 43rd Bday and 2mrw will be my 1yr bday as a reborn Jean!!!!
I just think it is so important for everyone to know that I know its so scary and I was soooo scared of the withdrawls but its just part of it...u do the crime u gotta do the time....Most important part is that it is very doable so if anyone out there is scared to take that next step and get off of them....take that step ull be ok I promise!!!!
But I totally understand if people need to be on them for there life time, I do not judge anyone who is unable to stop id rather them take something prescribed to them then in the streets chasing pills, herion or whatever there drug of choice is!

EVERYONE: YOU ARE UNSTOPPBLE!!!!

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/RYKjwB1n2P0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

If u have a chance check this song out I am a Rascal Flatts Fanatic & this song is so amazing & true!!!!

PostPosted: Wed Jan 22, 2014 1:07 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Happy belated Birthday Jeaner, and congratulations on your one-year anniversary! That is truly awesome and you should be very proud of yourself. People need to hear that it is possible to stop if they are truly ready, and completely commited to the process. Well done Jeaner and hope you continue to update as your gather more time.

I myself tapered from a 3+ year stint on bupe and now have almost 5 months off. I was just really ready, and after a few bumps I'm doing quite well. It's all about how bad do you REALLY want it?

Take care and nice to read your post!

Karen

P.S. I personally can't open the link you supplied. I'm very computer saavy, and I know it isn't my system. Perhaps it didn't load correctly as you attempted to copy and paste, or the system had a glitch at the time which can happen. Just letting you know I had trouble with it. Maybe others can get it just fine- :D

BTW-Rascal Flatts = AWESOME! :wink:

PostPosted: Wed Jan 22, 2014 1:40 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Karen, the actual youtube link just needed to be separated out from the rest of the htlm code..

http://www.youtube.com/embed/RYKjwB1n2P0

Jeaner!! Welcome back! So nice to see/ hear that you're doing so well. Keep up the good work! A year is a lot to be proud of, but don't let your guard down, ever. No matter how "ready" we all are, it only takes one moment of weakness. I know you know that, just posting a reminder. I still can feel phantom withdrawals too.. I'm not sure if it's just in our heads or a chemical reaction depending on certain factors, but you're not alone. It's very few and far between though, these days.

Happy birthday!

PostPosted: Wed Jan 22, 2014 2:03 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

tinydancer wrote:
Karen, the actual youtube link just needed to be separated out from the rest of the htlm code..

http://www.youtube.com/embed/RYKjwB1n2P0

Thank you Tiny! I should have realized that.
Karen

PostPosted: Wed Jan 22, 2014 3:49 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

JeanStrong!!!! 1 year, woo hoo!!!

Happy Birthday, too!!

Yeah, those weird sleeping habits are pesky. I finally threw in the towel and I take 1/2 a Unisom before bed and I'm pretty much good to go. Those freaky wd's will continue to fade with time. Amazing how long that crap hangs around, isn't it?

Thanks for dropping in and updating us.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 22, 2014 7:47 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Thank you so much for taking the time to come back and post another update. I really wish more people would. So many that do come back do so to report further struggles or a relapse. Many just disappear leaving me to wonder what happened and fear the worst. With hearing so many stories of relapse and struggles post Bup I really cherish the success stories like yours, brown eyed girl, Romeo and some others. I started 2 mg this week on my long, slow taper but I still very much fear relapse, withdrawal, sleep issues, etc. perhaps I more respect them rather than fear them but am certainly not taking anything for granted. One year is very clearly a huge milestone. I hope someday I can report the same. Thanks again for the update and big congratulations to you along with happy birthday!

Don

PostPosted: Thu Jan 23, 2014 5:12 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Congrats and keep it up! :) I've read this thread from the first page to the last and you're very inspiring jeaner! :)

PostPosted: Thu Jan 23, 2014 5:21 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Thanks Tiny for reposting that link for the song I don't know what I am doing when I post stuff like that...LOL But its an amazing song and I wanted to share it with everyone!!!! I give u my word that I will fight off all temptations &no it wont b easy ive actually had a script of vicoden's in my hands back in Oct. My husband had gall bladder surgery so I had to go get his meds no way he could BUT I did it and he trusted me to do it I went to the pharmacy picked them up of course I had to get them out of the bag and give them to him I knew where there the whole time but never did I once even think about wanting to take one I felt like that was such a test and I felt like I passed it NOW don't get me wrong my guard is not down will always be up!!!

I hope u checked the song out Brown Eyed Girl!!!

donh: No matter how big or little the step is the point is ur doing it just keep doing what ur doing and u will eventually be off and yes its so scary the withdrawls that's why I stayed on for so long I was so afraid but ur in the right place to get help and advice everyone here is awesome and I am sure u have figured that out by now!!!

brass: Thank u for reading the whole thread and thank u for saying I was inspiring I don't think anyone has have use that word to describe me its a nice compliment :mrgreen:

ROMEO: Hey there glad u are around and doing good I am gonna try to b on here more as long as my computer cooperates & I took ur advice and started taking a half a unisom at bed to and it helps I really like my sleep!!!!

I usually don't do this but I have a co-worker / friend & last wed her 20 yr old son was shot to death for no reason he was an innocent victim he was my friends oldest son & as u can imagine she is devasted as any mother would be.....I will b attending a funeral for a 20 yr old tomorrow who should still b here on this earth I ask that if anyone prays please pray for her and her family she will need all the strength she can gather to bury her son tomorrow.....Thank u!!

Thank u everyone for all the great kind words & encouragement it has really helped me ALOT Much love to all