It is currently Wed Aug 23, 2017 5:48 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 102 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Do you think it's time for me to taper?
Yes 54%  54%  [ 7 ]
No 46%  46%  [ 6 ]
Total votes : 13
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2011 6:31 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Holy Crap!! That guy scared the heck out of me, I'm gonna be having nightmares tonight!! :lol:

Yeah, I only eat the frozen Reese's Cups at bedtime, for some strange reason it helps me fall asleep. If I wake during the night, I eat a few more then back to ZZZZZzzzzzz no problems. During the day I'll usually munch on some kind of snickers bar in the afternoon, Snickers doesn't make me fall asleep. HAHA

Are you kidding about the 6mg yesterday? I mean, ARE YOU KIDDING? You feel good at 6mg? That's so great to hear!! I hope you feel great tomorrow and the next day too, that would be super.

Yeah, the spreadsheet figures, they do get super hard to measure.....especially using an 8mg pill. I had kind of forgot the 8mg pill part. Just get as close as you can. I certainly understand how you say you think you're taking 5. something or 6. something. That is a universal complaint when it comes to suboxone tapering. Just measure the best you can and it will have to suffice. Oh how I wish you could get the 2mg pills!

It looks like you're going to have to check out the Liquid Taper thread, Madame Counselor.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2011 8:43 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Yeah, I was going to say that because of the 8mg pill thing, you can certainly do a liquid mix to make things easier. Just get a syringe or dropper or something that you can measure in 1 cc increments and then do a one to one mixture where you use 8 CCs of water for each 8mg pill. Then just draw up 4.5 ccs (or whatever the dose may be) and to it that way. Nothing says you have to wait to go below 1 mg to move to liquid - especially when having to use 8mg pills.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2011 9:36 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

donh~ Thanks for the advice - I will look into it when I get a bit lower, but it makes sense. Even to measure out 5mg, it would be beneficial...So, basically just mix with (cold?) water until the whole thing disolves, then hold the mixture under your tongue?? That may be difficult for me, as I'm usually running around, talking, answering the phone, etc. at work (that's when I usually take my dose - even though I do know that you're supposed to keep your mouth shut lol...Keeping my mouth shut has never been a strength of mine:)

Romeo~ If that one scares you, how about the ice cream man from the movie Legion ?? Ever see that one? The video is way better than explaining that one that the photo:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qZw5qaNre_k
If that doesn't give you nightmares...I could keep trying lol :) Miss Counselor <3's scary movies! Which, in all actuality, I read that scary movies can help your WD's and PAWS, since I guess fear (among other things) release endorphins, as I was reading on a website earlier. Check it out if you're interested:
http://www.drugs-forum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=73599
It actually has some ready good suggestions... not sure about how reliable the site is, but I checked it out quick...Enjoy:)

Miss CiR lol

Our Sponsors
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2011 9:48 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Mademoiselle Counselor, don't make me break out the french on ya!

As for your last post, fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me. I HATE, HATE stuff like that. I ain't going anywhere near that second picture!! I like George Bush's version of the fool me once thing too, he said something like fool me once shame on me, .......*pause for thought* you can't fool a fool twice!! And I still love the guy, how scary is that!

I'm glad scary movies help you with WD, they just plain scare the hell out of me!!

Post subject: Romeo~
PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2011 10:09 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Ah, it's all in fun! It's not real! It's the movies! But I guess you haven't seen Legion or The Crazies...any other scary movie people -I think those were pretty greusome... Hannibal is a classic, but weakens in comparison... Ok Romeo, I will stop trying to scare the crapola out of you:) hahaha... :twisted:

Post subject: UPDATE
PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2011 1:13 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Update: Ok, successfully took 6mg yesterday and so far 6mg today. Feeling - physically: eh. crawly skin, some sneezing, a little easier to poop (sorry if too much information lol)... Feeling - emotionally/mentally: happy! hopeful! And looking to the future! I am excited about my taper and excited to say, "I went from 24mg a day to 6mg a day in the past 4-5 months!" I feel like more ALIVE!!! I know that might seem weird to those of you who may be at 6mg and haven't been any higher on their dose, however, I know it's only going to get better from here as far as enjoying life, feeling generally happy, and less comatose! It's almost like I'm high on life - weird pink cloud of tapering I suppose! Despite the WD symptoms, I have a great attitude and I hope that doesn't dissipate as I continue to drop on my dose. I am going to work on trying to figure out the best way to go from 6mg to 5mg. That is my next task - I think I might invest in a digital scale - perhaps that will work -who know! Anyways, we got a CRAPLOAD of inclement weather here...Yay for New England! Ice, snow, sleet, freezing rain, ice cold temperatures, etc. But my heart is warm - my toes are not... Shoveling is keeping me going and wearing me out at the same time - weird! I like keeping this journal-of-sorts... Not sure if anyone cares but I'm PUMPED today!!! Yay me!!! Ok, enough gloating for one day! Stay clean people:)
CiR

PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2011 1:56 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

You've come so far. I truly proud of you and you deserve to be proud of yourself too because sticking with a taper over and extended period it TOUGH!!! It really is, and maybe 'regular' people wouldn't understand the magnitude of that accomplishment, but that's one of the reasons you are on here.

I have a lot of advice for you. Basically, as I've tapered from 8 to 2 in about 3 months I would tell you where I went wrong and what NOT to do. It was comparatively easy to taper until I hit about 4 mg and less. Then, it got so much harder, and I knew it would but it was still a surprise somehow. You need to prepare yourself mentally for that, and you have to BELIEVE that even when you feel badly, it WILL go away. You've got to dig down deep inside yourself and ask yourself how much you truly want this. Be honest with yourself. I tried tapering before, but I didn't really want it badly enough to go the distance. That just won't work. This is a huge feat of endurance and patience. Keep giving yourself those pats on the back because every step downward, even if it makes you feel yucky enough that you need to slow down a bit, is getting you closer to your ultimate goal. If you complete a hard drop, take a break once you are stabilized. Just give yourself a chance to enjoy feeling consistently good. Try to accept the time this is going to take and accept that you cannot know right now exactly when you will be comfortably off. You know the cliche of 'one day at a time'? Well, it's a fantastic concept. THAT is getting me through right now. Now that it's hard, my only concern is today, and sometimes only one single hour. So, at the end of every day I am victorious!! That is keeping me going. I felt a huge rush of emotions returning just like you described, which was really, really surprising, and it can feel good and bad. It's interesting, if nothing else. Try channeling those feelings if you can. Try learning to play an instrument or learn to sew or anything like that. Why? Well, when you are feeling yucky, which at some point will likely be the case, those things require enough concentration that the hours fly by faster. I'm sure your job is helping you more than you even know!! I think that you have such a wonderful attitude that, frankly, I'm learning from you.

You've got to figure out a way, any way, to measure out smaller doses. It's just not going to work to keep dropping in big chunks, especially since you have to work and cannot just be sick/couch-bound. Would your doctor agree to you dropping down 2 mg or even better yet 1mg? Maybe if so, he'd give you the 2 mg tabs/films. My closest friend went through the same thing with her doctor just refusing to drop her dose, so she had to convince him to just drop her a little bit so that she could get the smaller dose tabs. In that case, you could take the majority of your dose using the 8's and then use the 2's for the remaining bit. If he absolutely WON'T do this, then take the majority of your dose in tab/film form and then use the liquid taper method to take the rest. Ex: to take 5 mg, you could take 1/2 an 8-mg tab and 1 mg in liquid form. Do the liquid part at home. When you first drop, it helps to split up your doses more, especially as you get down further. That's what I do and then as I stabilize, I start combining them into fewer doses. When I dropped to 2, I took it in 4 separate doses, and now I take it only twice a day. You have to figure out what 10% would be and then just round it. To be honest, I didn't stick to 10%, but I've paid for it!! I think you can maybe handle another 1 mg drop from 6 to 5, but it may be better to go to 5.5, as 10% of 6 is .6 which is closer to a .5 mg drop than to a full 1 mg drop. You can always go down quickly if it's a very easy drop. Don't ever drop until you are 100% certain that you are 100% stable at your current dose. It's bummer to go back up. I was thinking maybe I could handle going from 2 to 1.5 or maybe even 1. I blazed down from 32 mg several times and was even able to go down 8 mg at a time but going from 3 to 2 has been HARD!!!!!! So, I'm going to have to go to 1.75, 1.5, and then see if maybe I need to drop in even smaller amounts than that. It's just not worth it to be sick and miserable if you don't have to, KWIM?

I'm excited for you and excited about how excited you are!! It's nice to 'know' other people who are tapering too.

laddertipper

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2011 3:06 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Laddertipper~
Thank you for your post! It undoubtedly included very valuable advice indeed! I too felt like "oh this is no big deal" when I went from 24 to 16 to 12 to 8...practically in no time and with little to no physical symptoms whatsoever. Now this last jump to 6mg has made me nervous, since I have "felt" it in various ways. I know this isn't going to be easy or a breeze, especially the lower I go. We shall see! I appreciate your feedback and I look forward to "keeping each other company" as we keep on tapering!! I feel like it's important to have people who know what you're going through. Even though, as I've mentioned, my BF has tapered completely off of methadone in the past...He continues to look at it like "toughen up" and you can just "kick it" "no problem"...which perhaps he's right, only partially though. If I do it my way, I know I can do it. However, despite the fact that he is supportive, he has no idea how to properly motivate someone else! I am not him! My body and his are a hell of a lot different. I actually have feelings, something he's removed himself from a long time ago... But I get emotional over various things, not just the taper, and he thinks I should "toughen up" "be an adult" and "don't cry you are stronger than that"... Which gets me into a whole other topic about how I express anger, fear, and anxiety via tears and not much else...But I digress, I still feel as though I need to make my own path, and I don't feel "defeated" or like a "failure" if I have to go back up for a little while, because, as you said, I'm still ultimately getting closer to my goal mentally, which is half the damn battle! He has motivated me in some ways, but in other ways, I just tune him out. He will say "you don't need that other little crumb - you're fine"...But if I'm taking it, chances are that I've been contemplating for hours and finally feel [s]shitty[/s] enough to do so... Anyways, I appreciate your feedback and I hope to keep in touch with you! You are doing amazing as well - and screw everyone else out there who doesn't understand or doesn't think it's an accomplishment! We are doing this for ourselves, as it should be!!! I do have some vacation time, so towards the end, if I have to just take a week to grin and bear the potential PAWS and the last of the WD's...so be it. I just have to keep focused and positive - I think those are the only things that keep us going! And yes, I have been looking into some "activities"... exercising a little (which is more than NONE - and I've always managed to NEVER exercise lol) as well as some art stuff, thinking about crocheting (however you spell it) or knitting again...etc. I'm an artisitic and creative person. I like to read, write, write poetry, etc. I'm sure I will find more than enough things to keep me busy...In addition to all this damn shoveling!!! Anyways, keep up the good work and talk to you soon:)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2011 3:21 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Counselor,

Check your Messages. I sent you a PM. Scroll to the top of the page, far right it says Messages.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2011 4:14 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Junkie, I was on another website for over a year with people either going CT or tapering from a long acting opiod. There was much discussion about the worth of tapering past a certain point to minuscule amounts. After reading dozens and dozens of experiences, I felt that the long taper was just prolonging the agony. I think if I tapered down to 1mg, I might try dosing every other day or every third day, but I don't think I would go any lower. That's just me, though.

CIR - I just posted on another thread that I felt crappy at 2mg. I didn't make it clear that I felt crappy when I DOSED not because I felt withdrawal symptoms. So I guess it concerns me that you are feeling withdrawals at 6mg. But I think you said at one point you had been at a very high dose for quite some time, so maybe that's it. hang in there.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2011 4:20 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Hi CounselorinRecovery,

I just wanted to let you know you are doing a good job and I am proud of you for completing your Associates Degree and helping other addicts. I too am attending school and am one semester away from obtaining my Bachelor Degree in Psychology combined with Criminology. You are an inspiration to me because you choose to use you education to help our fellow addicts. I am sorry I did not read every response to your original post so I am not sure how your taper worked for you. I hope it went well. I am curious though as to why you feel you need to taper? Suboxone saved my life and without it I could never had come as far as I did. I plan on staying on it for as long as I live with no thoughts of discontinuing it. We are all different though. I am not trying to offend you or anyone else in any way shape or form by asking why one chooses to taper of Suboxone.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2011 4:25 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

BTW About obtaining clonidine on the Internet....I have low blood pressure, so wouldn't it be potentially dangerous for someone like me to start taking clonidine? What if someone doesn't know their blood pressure? just be cautious people.

CIR...I'm in NE too! How bad does it suck now! How do people who have to get to the methadone clinic do it? I wonder if you work at the same clinic my friend goes to....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2011 11:03 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Lillyval~ I might purchase the Clonodine, and maybe even the Gabatrol (see the previous page for the link)... I also highly doubt that I work at the same methadone clinic lol I don't want to give it away or anything, as my anonymity here is super important to me, but i'm sure there's at least a couple dozen methadone clinics in New England...But maybe:) Anyways, it certainly does suck - this weather this year is NUTS!!!

Paratrooper~
Thank you for your comments:) Good luck with your degree! As soon as I can, I plan on going back to school for my Bachelor's too! Right now, working and trying to maintain what's left of a social life I have is enough for me at this point! My hours are crazy and I know I would suck at night school, so as soon as I'm certified in counseling, which should be next year or thereabouts, I plan to go back and maybe work on a private practice for counseling...or I might get out of the field altogether! It's extremely draining and emotionally trying each and everyday. Especially when patients die... or tell you about intense traumas...It's not for everyone but I do hope I may be planting a seed for someone out there! Anyways, the reason I want to taper it that it's been a LOOOONNNNGGGG time... Suboxone and I have had quite a long-standing romance. Almost as long as the one with me and heroin. So, I just feel as though it's time. Maybe I will never make it off of Subs, but I really would like to try. I want to live my life NORMAL again...not that it's not as normal as it could be, but the doctor's appointment, drug testing, and other BS I have problems with - I'm sick and tired of being tied down to it! Everytime I get new health insurance, it's a huge ordeal. When I lost my health insurance a few years ago, it was a big ordeal. I just want to live my life again without any foreign substances in my body. I am in my mid-twenties and I do want children, maybe, someday! I want my body to get used to it's own endorphins and neurotransmitters again! I want to be me, just me, without Suboxone. I'm sure there's a thousand other reasons, and I know there are. I know others have different reasons, but I'm just done. It's like with methadone; some patients can handle knowing that they're going to need it forever and some taper off after a year or two. Everyone's different. I just know it's my time to try and work on getting completely off. Slowly, but surely, it is my goal. It's like, something I just need to do for me...Whether anyone else gives a hoot - I could care less!! However, those that are closest to me agree that it's time. I'm not sure if that answers your question, and I'm not sure how I can even clearly and fully answer it myself...

Romeo~ I will check my inbox:)

UPDATE: Good at 6mg yesterday, but took a Flexeril because my back was crying over all the shoveling. Thinking about taking another 2 or 4mg's tonight, because last night I slept like CRAP! And I want to be able to sleep tonight, as I have work tomorrow. Not taking anymore Flexeril for a while - they are ok every now and then, but I know they have the potential to make you get reliant on them. Addictive potential - that is... And I'm good with only taking one when my whole body is killing me from strenuous physical activity. I won't use them to ease WD's - as I don't believe they can - maybe the RLS part. ANYWHO...We shall see... I will continue to write tomorrow:) Nite all!!

Post subject: UPDATE #2 for today...
PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2011 12:01 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Just went to make an Excel Spreadsheet for my TAPERING!!! I think it's easier to have it like this in front of you and I think all of you that are tapering ought to do this! It really helps keeping a log - even if it's written down on paper. If you need help with Excel program - either XP or Vista - I can help:) Ok, so here's what I've got so far:
Tuesday 1/25/2011 8mg
Wednesday1/26/2011 6mg
Thursday 1/27/2011 4mg
Friday 1/28/2011 10mg
Saturday 1/29/2011 10mg
Sunday 1/30/2011 6mg
Monday 1/31/2011 6mg
Tuesday 2/1/2011 6mg
Wednesday2/2/2011 6mg
Ok, so basically you can see where my mistake was right? That Jan. 27th drop had me in shambles, which make me OD for the next two days - I think I shocked my system. And those two days where I took 10mg, were orignally 6mg days with an additional 4mg at night because I was in WD's... Ok, so after 4 consecutive days on 6mg now...I am still feeling it, but trying to stick it out. I want to feel better, of course, but I also don't wanna have to go back in and change a 6 to an 8 or even a 10. I am sticking with single digit numbers goddammittttttt!!!! Ok, so here's my plan as of today, which can change at any time, since, as I've mentioned, I can be wicked inconsistent.
I will stay on 6 until the end of February and then try going to 5 or 4mg. Most likely 4mg. Go hard or go home! LoL! We shall see...hopefully my body will be stable by then on 6mg. We shall see!!!! Ok GooDNighT people!!!
CiR

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2011 1:09 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

I like your Excel spreadsheet! That's a great idea.

I like your plan to stay on 6mg until the end of February too. That gives you plenty of time to stabilize and get to feeling good again.

As far as your plan to go from 6mg to 4mg, this is where the wheels come of the wagon, IMHO. That's a 33% drop! Why not go to 5mg, stay there for several days, THEN if you feel good at 5mg, go right to 4mg?

Just my two cents Counselor Ma'am. :)

Post subject: Yikes!
PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2011 3:27 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Ok, so I got through last night, keeping in mind laddertipper's advice that after day 5 of a drop you OUGHT to feel better... And I do! I don't have the creepy skin feeling anymore! Hooray! I toughed it out last night, and stuck with 6mg. If not for my spreadsheet, and the disappointment I would have felt if I had to go back and change the 6 to an 8 or, GODFORBID, a 10! Ok, so I took my 6mg this morning at work and hopefully it won't "wear off" by the time I'm ready to go to bed again. I slept like CRAP again though... Very tossy/turny and some *S*T*R*A*N*G*E* dreams... and by strange, I mean like a "B" horror movie...maybe even a "C" lol! At the time, though, they seem so real and frightening - not drug related though, so I don't know what's up with that. Anyways...

Romeo~
I can't stand thinking about this stuff in relation to percentages. I can't look at it that way for some reason. When my boyfriend was suggesting jumping from 16mg to 8mg, I told him he was nuts and I ought to go to 12 first, but I ended up going right to 8 - 50% of my dose, and I was fine...Now, I know this is DRASTICALLY different once you get below this so called "ceiling" thing, and once you're in the lower numbers. 33% doesn't scare me - perhaps it should! And I guess I will find out soon enough. Here's my stubborn and inconsistent thinking patterns popping up again though: It's hard to break an 8mg tablet down enough to get 5mg. It's a pain in the ass enough to break it in half to get 4mg and that half to get 2mg! My 2mg chunks continue to look weird and not all even...I have tried one of those pill cutter things with the razor in it, and seriously, it just shatters the pills even worse than you can do with your own two hands. I thought about disolving with the liquid, but again, I might be a dumbass, but I just can't see doing that at this point. I wish I could tell my doctor so that I could get the 2mg pills or strips; that would make life easier. However, I'm not a "make life easier" type of person I guess.

Plus he (my MD) would KILLLLLLLLL me for being at 6mg in the first place! I want to be able to walk into the office and say "hey Doc, I haven't used, you can test my urine all day long, and guess what!? I tapered my damn self off of Subs. Been doing it for months, and FINALLY I'm free of you, this office, the appointments, the prescription, the "special patient" BS, the stares like I'm some raving drug-seeking lunatic! I'm a professional dammit! I have successfully tapered, without your help whatsoever!" And maybe, just maybe, this will give him a different view of what he's doing there. Just what is he doing there? Making TONS of $$$ I suppose... In addition to acting and verbalizing that "an addict is an addict" and we're all the same! 90% chance of relapse, Doc? You can **** it out your ***!!! Well, enough fantasizing about that day for now. That day really isn't important. The day that is important, to me, however, is the day I have been off of Subs for a few months, feeling 100% ME and confident in my recovery. That is the day I will celebrate. In some small way, by myself, with some delicious Ben & Jerry's Brownie Batter Ice-Cream and eat the whole damn pint. Why? Because I can. Sure, I can do that now. But seriously, can I fully savor that delicious chocolate specimen in this condition!? My answer, maybe not your answer, is NO, I CANNOT! Now, don't get me wrong, I am undoubtedly of the opinion that Suboxone has saved my life. It literally kept me out of prison and out of the inevitable coffin I was RUNNING towards when I was using. I thank my doctors I've had in the past 5+ years on the Subs for treating me and keeping me stable. However, 24mg a day for 5+ years seems obnoxious TO ME! I know some people may need it indefinitely. I am not some people! I am *insert my lovely name here* and I want to be COMPLETELY non-reliant on opiates. I feel like my body SHOULD and WOULD make the necessary chemicals my brain needs to stablize. I don't regret getting on Suboxone, but I believe that I will regret it sooner or later if I don't make every attempt to get off of it. Perhaps my reasoning and logic is skewed, but I believe that I have overstayed my welcome so to speak, and been lied to for years at the same time. Ok, enough of my babbling for now. I digress... Off to read my 1 message I have waiting and I will talk to you alll soon enough:)
CiR

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2011 4:38 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Lillyval wrote:
Junkie, I was on another website for over a year with people either going CT or tapering from a long acting opiod. There was much discussion about the worth of tapering past a certain point to minuscule amounts. After reading dozens and dozens of experiences, I felt that the long taper was just prolonging the agony. I think if I tapered down to 1mg, I might try dosing every other day or every third day, but I don't think I would go any lower. That's just me, though.

I think I agree with this. I have no plans to taper right now, but this makes sense to me. I mean, the withdrawal from 1mg, I think, would be fairly insignificant. Then, the sooner you begin the PAWS process, the sooner you're going to get to the other side, right?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2011 5:01 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Junkie~
I honestly could not even begin to guess at how the WD's would be jumping off at 1mg. One, because I'm still at 6mg and two, because I believe it is different for everyone. What one person considers SEVERE withdrawals that keeps them bed/bathroom-ridden for days may be MINIMAL for someone else who is out of bed and working everyday throughout. I would assume that the sooner you get off, the sooner you'll get through the PAWS...Sounds logical. However, after reading a decent amount about PAWS, it seems that not everyone gets them (especially those who are on bup for a short time period). Anyways, whether you do taper at some point or chose not to, you have to decide what's right for you. I'm not tapering because I have anything against Suboxone. I promote it's use for sure. I think each person is different, and each person's treatment plan should be individualized, which is up to the treatment provider. This is the ideal, but as I've mentioned, my doctor isn't the best at individualizing treatment. Therefore, I've basically been forced to hide my taper, which I highly DO NOT recommend for anyone. Anyways, good luck either way and I don't think that jumping off at 1mg is the right thing for everyone, but maybe for some...!?
CiR

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2011 5:08 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

CounselorinRecovery, You Go Girl!!

I love that attitude!!

It's the exact same attitude that got me to where I am today. Now, has my recovery been perfect, hell no! But am I hanging on like nobody's business, hell yeah!!

BTW, I'm sorry I keep forgetting about the 8mg pills being hard to slpit. After work I am going to the tattoo shop and getting 8mg tatooed on my forehead so I don't forget again!

I will never forget again!! Yeah, I'll probably forget with my very next reply. :cry:

PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2011 7:44 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

You are making some great progress and your attitude is wonderful. I love it and I love reading what you read. It makes me feel so happy and positive. It's contagious.

I want to tell you not to take big drops in your dose as you get lower. However, I should take my own dang advice!!! :lol: You may just have to learn the hard way like many, many of us on and off this forum. It's so weird to be blazing down many mg at a time and try to conceive of the fact that all of a sudden, a 1 mg drop may be too drastic....or better yet, a .5 mg drop may be too much. Live and learn, right?

Your attitude is going to make this a lot easier for you. I've been so terrified of PAWS and w/d in general. I mean, I've been so scared that I've stayed on Sub to avoid it and I've given it way more power than it deserves. Sure, it's uncomfortable, but it's not impossible. It only makes it worse to stress over things that aren't even happening yet. What i tell myself when I feel icky is "this is temporary!" As long as something is temporary, I feel like it's doable.

laddertipper

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 102 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next