It is currently Fri Aug 18, 2017 4:32 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Sat Nov 27, 2010 2:54 pm 
New Poster
New Poster

Hello Fellow Sub users (and those folks who may be considering sub),

I have been lurking here for months, reading, reading, and more reading. I have also learned quite a bit of advice since discovering this site and I greatly thank those contributors for sharing what they've learned. What works for them or what doesn't.

I've been on sub for 2 years and have done exceptionally well. Sadly, when I first started sub, I just assumed it I would be cheating occasionally. I don't know why I thought that as if there were no question in my mind as to how it would go. But I didn't and have been clean for 22 months, now. It's scary to say this but it's been easier on the sub than I ever imagined coming clean would be. I only have cold turkey to compare it to so anything would probably beat that!

Today, I finally decided I really want to be able chat with others who know the sub route. The only other drug person I knew was my seller and even he was smart enough not to use! I don't personally know anyone else (that I know of) that was or is a user. But then again, no one knew I was a user. To date, I've only told five people and two of them are doctors!

Thank you, Dr. Junig, for creating a forum where people can come together and not feel judged, where advice can be freely asked for. And thank you to the posters who don't even realize that their posts over the last several months have made me feel that I'm really not alone and people do understand! Only another Sub user would understand when overhing another say to their spouse "OMG! We've got to go home, now! I forgot my Sub this morning"! It sure ain't turkey or ham on bread!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 27, 2010 4:44 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Hi MidwesternManOkay,

Welcome to the forum. Thanks so much for sharing your story with us. I love for lurkers to finally post and begin sharing stuff with us. It is nice to have a community like this where we can share our experiences with people who understand. And like you, I'm coming up on two years on suboxone (early December). I'm glad you decided to post. Stick around and keep posting! Again, welcome!

-I'm only responsible for what I say, not for what you understand.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 27, 2010 5:18 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Hey MidwesternMan,

Congratulations on 22 months clean! Feels awesome doesn't it?

Glad you decided to post and I had to chuckle when I read "I just assumed I would be cheating occasionally", those were my sentiments when I first started, but like you I never did and it amazed me...it's not like I had to really, really concentrate on not using, I just never had the urge. The suboxone worked so well for me and I'm always glad to hear of others that it helped too.

Look forward to hearing more from you.

Our Sponsors
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 27, 2010 7:56 pm 
Whats up Midwestern!!

If i was too be completely honest, i would have to say that i said the same exact thing in the beginning of my treatment. I told myself i would only take methadone every now and then. Like that was even possible or something. However, that never happened of course because the medication works so well for me that i've never had the urge. It was, as im sure others have said, aaaammazing!! Finally free from the obsession. Now im 18 months drug free. Congragulations on 22months. Hope you share more of your experiences!! ~PEACE~

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 28, 2010 9:22 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Always nice to see some new folks signing up. Welcome :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2010 12:34 am 
Super Poster
Super Poster

welcome!! i agree with everyone on this forum that the subs have worked especially well for me. I never had the urge to use or so far have not had the urge to use. I posted on another thread that when i went to the therapist when i first got on subs I asked him how someone could relapse on subs because i felt better then ever and didnt wanna use. He notified me that people do relapse on subs. I think one of the reasons i didnt was because i ready to get off pills. Sometimes i wonder if subs had been presented to me a year before they were, if i would have used them and stayed sober or if i would have relapsed. I dont know the answer to that but I can tell you that i am a firm beleiver in things coming to you when you are personally ready to take them on. The subs and my therapist all came to me when i was ready to quit and because i was ready i used them and took advantage of the tools i had to stay sober.

oh and i almost forgot to add: i hate leaving my subs at home!!!!!!