It is currently Wed Aug 23, 2017 3:58 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2011 9:52 pm 
One Month or More
One Month or More

Just wanted to introduce myself, I've been treated with soboxone for a lil over a year and a half and just moved to Tucson, AZ from New England. There are so many forums for people like us but this one seems to be the most serious from what I've read. Good luck to all of you god bless

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2011 11:17 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

hi ltd- i'm 15 months sub". i.m also from new england, and my brother kevins from Tucson AZ.
oh how" i want to go to" tucson" its so nice and dry weather there. subs make me sweat my brains out!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2011 7:11 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Hi ltd and welcome! I'm glad you found us and decided to join and participate. I'm confident you'll find the forum very informative and supportive. I'm sure I'll see you around the forum! Again, WELCOME!

-I'm only responsible for what I say, not for what you understand.

Our Sponsors
 Post subject: Welcome
PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2011 1:23 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Hey there and welcome to the forum. I'm new as well.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2011 3:54 pm 
One Month or More
One Month or More

Thanks for the warm welcome, imlearning so much working my way through all these great stories and experiences. And johnboy AZ is nice and dry but its also 105-115 right now, the summer is ruff I'm constently sweating like crazy. I drink so much water and gatorade its definately a big change from New England (Boston area)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2011 7:06 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Welcome, I haven't been around here to long, but wanted say hey. You said you went to other web sites dealing with sub, any really good ones? I like Addiction Survivors and this site I like, but I am a little leary of it sometimes. There seems to be alot of people that don't pay attention to the science and what the peer reviewed journals have to say. Sorry, alittle of topic, see you around.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2011 1:29 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

i'm just one of them". 747's are a smooth flight. i just can't pay attention, wile the plugs in my brain are miss sparking and no people think i'm not what i'm all cracked up to be. i don't see how some one on subs recovering from all those drugs, can sit up and memory's all the words" and paragraph after paragraph on this site. my lack of intr- . i start on lexapro soon" i hope it dose good. this guy is still having withdrawls 7 to 10 hours after 16 mg subs every day. i'll take 2mg and in about 20 mn they subside and come back in about 3 to 5 hours and i'm almost out of my reserve sub. your probably all thinking". shit this one on subs is a retard. how the heck ! i probably only know half of whats going on.gees withdraling from depression / bipoler/ skitsoid/ptsd/ p-noid/alca/and going through these little w/d's every day,and waiting for the big "BANG".
i'm actualy feeling more crazzzy!! we are all potatoes with no steak . would any one like a little more salad? no thanks. i realy don't want to go back there" it was very uncomfortable! i was much younger then. the only med for this is a long sleep. ah shit does anybody go through minute to minute rollercoaster rides? my dam bad ..

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2011 3:27 am 
One Month or More
One Month or More

I've checked around and a lot of frums have great info and great prople on them who want to help and support, but they are also full of idiots who have no idea what they're talking about giving horrible advice bashing recovery with medication, I just hate getting half way through a great thread and some moron who had a 1 week bender on vicodin and cut cold turkey tells everyone they are still addicts because they're on subs and just quit cold turkey stop being so weak blah blah blah, and they have no idea what its like to be an addict for years and make the choice to do this or die, then the rest os the thread turns into an argument with the new guy with no clue. So far I haslvent seen a lot of that here, everyone seems very respectful and un judgmental towards each other wich tells me there is a lot of serious mature people who believe in recovery, and that just feels like a healthy productive way to go aout things. There I go racing a little too, funny how that happens.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2011 9:31 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

hi ltds5". subtzone is a good place. but i get sick of things..blah-blah. tucson is very hot but the dewpoint is my worst enemy when it comes to weather. i'm feeling better this morning. i want to drop my dose . i hope lexapro will help me do this?
someday 4 mgs subs sounds about right for me. ltd -747 ". good post thanks

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2011 2:32 am 
One Month or More
One Month or More

Johnboy if you feel like 4 is enough then maybe it is for today, but don't get bummed out if in a cpl days you just feel like you need a rescue dose its all part of tapering. As I have mentioned I'm a lil over a year and a half in and I was taking 24mgs a day for around 6 months at first I felt guilty because subs did give me a little buzz at first but what my docs have told me ( and this is 1 thing they both seem to agree an is stagger your taper) I'm on 8mgs a day, so when I wake up and feel good I take 6mgs and a lot of times my day goes fine but the next day I take my 8 and then if I have another good morning I take 6. So far its got me down a lot and fast without to much discomfort. Monday 6mgs tues 8mgs wed 6mgs thurs 8mgs, by the end of the summer I'm hoping to be at 4mgs on monday 6mgs on tues 4mgs on wed. So on and so forth its seems to get me tapering at a good steady pace without to much discomfort, and once and a while I just have a bad day and ill be having cravings sometimes even having bad dream were I'm using and letting my family down and I wake up and take a rescue dose of 10mgs just to up the levels in my dody to feel ok, but its right back to my rutine after that. I try to jump 2mgs every couple months by using this method and so far it works great. Sorry guys I can't help but write a novel sometimes, and as for my bad spelling some of its my blackberry and these tiny buttons, but some of it is definatley me too.you get the point. And johnboy I wish you the best with the lexapro man, just stick to the plan man.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2011 10:42 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

ltd-" thanks for the input. i took 6 this morning. i'll end up on 16 by 6 pm. but try to stretch it longer. i'll try to be more patient.
thanks again :)