It is currently Wed Aug 23, 2017 1:34 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2014 11:40 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

I'm new here and it's a blessing to find this forum! I was addicted to pain pills. It started after i had cancer. I'm 40yo.
I was put on zubsolv April 30, 2014. I have weaned myself down to. Ahh... The milg. I'm not sure of.i break my 5mg pill into 6 pieces. I tried going 3 days without it and i Just couldn't bare with it. My entire body just hurt! Like the worse case of arthritis you could imagine. Not to mention the non stop cold sweats. Plain and simple, i was Just miserable.it wasn't in my head. I chose that time because i was going on a vacation and wouldn't think or care about it. Wrong! How can such a small amount affect my body still? I really just want to be done with this. I stopped going to my dr. Because he was such a creep(touching me and coming on to me) i just couldn't bring myself to go back.(Since June) i highly doubt any dr. Will believe me and take me back on? I feel robbed :/ I don't have much med left. I tapered myself without his knowledge so i was ahead of the game. Any suggestions?

PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2014 11:55 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

I want to add that i only take that dose. 1x a day in the morning. That's why i don't understand how my body misses it. ..

PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2014 3:53 pm 

Hey Ilaney,
Sorry your feeling poorly . Welcome to the forum.
Without knowing how much tapering you have done and
mgs or dosing, its hard to know just where your at. I see two choises here.
One, continue on what you have left, then ride it out with comfort meds or
Find another dr. There are many GOOD drs out there. Some, not so good
like anything else.
Do you want to stay on sub or quit?
A new dr, told the truth, with honesty can help you either way Laney.
Yes bupe is very potent. That little bit your taking is barely
keeping you out of wd most of the time?..
This is just my opinion, and its your choise, but a new dr and a louger taper
may be your best bet..ive bn on a maintenance dose for almost 4 years now.4mgs.

Hope this helps , im just not sure what you want to do here.. razor

Our Sponsors
PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2014 8:56 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

geez Razor.. I check in to make comments, and you say everything I would have said!

My though after reading the story was, if you were sick of the crazy life of opioid dependence, what is your rush to stop buprenorphine?! Of course, a creepy doc would make anyone want out... but as razor said, there are other docs out there, including ones who you could be honest with.

It is too soon---- in my opinion, people need a year or two on buprenorphine before even thinking about stopping. Report your doc to the state board; if they don't believe you, they will believe the next person!

PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2014 8:58 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Thank you for responding! I've been on that small dose for about 2 months now. I don't want to ever use pills again. That small amount i take 1x daily keeps my body happy. I can't move without it. It's less than 1 ml.i Jusy wish i could be done with it.. it's just stressful not knowing what I'm going to do when i run out. Like i said, i don't think another dr. Would pick me back up of i stopped going to the dr. I was seeing for the reason i stated, I'm sure i won't be believed :/ i mean an addict in their eyes vrs.a Dr.s rep. I honestly don't think I'm ready to live without maintenance no matter how much i tell myself i am. Stressful days i think about taking just a little more, but i dont and I'm proud at the days end that i didn't.i don't know much about these dr.s that take on patients for suboxone care and if I'm a candidate still in their eyes?
I really will look into turning him in. Thank you!

PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2014 10:46 pm 

Hey Laney,
Your doing well on sub. Sub is saving you in many ways INCLUDING
your pain issues. Thats huge in my eyes. And your on
such a small dose of it too.
You want to be Done with it, but then what? What do you take then? The pain is
real no doubt.
You know what i think laney? I think your afraid of the new dr whom
you havnt met yet. That this new Dr wont treat you well or beleive in you.
And thats ok to feel that now. You have been though a bad time with your old dr. Its
understandable. Its fine.
We believe you, so will the next dr.
Id like to encourage you to try again, and now, before you run out.
It ll take some legwork, lots of calls or use one of the search services .we have
them here..

Uno, it would be nice someday to be drug free. That seems to be some peoples goal.
In reality most folks are on some kind of med to make there lives run better
and the bodies function. Bupes no different. I believe.
So, again, if sub has worked in your life to inprove your life, maybe stick with it Laney.

I suggest you think of the future ahead, and not what happened this summmer with dr Bummmer!!
Deal with that after you ve stablized on the new program , You can do it Lane!!!!!

I have almost 4 years on this, and sub has givin me more than one benefit. Including pain relief. .

You fought one illness already, sounds like your winning, keep wining. ....

Just my 2 cent and opinion. ...best of luck and keep posting....

Razor....

PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2014 11:45 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Razor55 is exactly right Laney. People who abuse or take advantage of others the way your doctor did, especially those in positions of authority or power, think that their position will enable them to continue to abuse people and get away with it. It's likely that if he's done this to you, that there are others as well, and perhaps if you report him, others will come forward, and at the very least, it may stop him from doing it to other women. I think it would be a good idea to find another doctor. If you're uncomfortable telling your new doctor about why you left the old one, you don't have to. You could say that you thought you'd be able to stop taking buprenorphine, but found yourself having cravings / increased pain, fear relapse, and felt it best to find another provider. If you don't feel ready to stop taking it, and it affords you a better quality of life, with decreased pain and loss of obsession to use opiates, then imo, it'd be in your best interest to continue taking it. Like razor said, many people who have illnesses or pain, manage them with medication, and indeed bupe is no different. I wish you the best, no matter what decision you make. Keep posting!

PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2014 2:41 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

You guys are amazing! THANK YOU! I i feel so much better Just hearing your words, are empowering:)
I will absolutely look into another Dr.

Continue to do what you do. You have helped and will continue to help people who feel at a loss. I can't thank you enough for your words!