It is currently Sat Aug 19, 2017 11:18 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2011 12:23 pm 
New Poster
New Poster

Hello everyone I have been reading different topics associated with this site and have found some very upbeat individuals. I figured I would introduce myself. My name is Sebastian I am a Graduate student currently. I have been someone who has dealt with this horrendous disease, trama, pain, and poison just as much as the rest of you. I feel that I know a lot more about this stuff than someone should. However I have came to a cross roads in my life and have put this past behind me. I want to join this group not as an addict looking for support but as someone who knows that their is an end in site. A little bit about my past. I have been doing pain killers/drugs/anything under the sun since I was 17 years old. I had no reason to do it but to fill a void. For some reason school and life came really easy to me and I was able to gain a full ride academic scholarship to pretty much any college of my choosing. I started off really softly around the end of high school I got hurt playing football then the train ride began. The locomotive was into full motion when I was first prescribed percocet and then the partying and not taking things seriously at all started I ended up destroying myself. The ride began and what started as two 5mg percocets a day turned into 3 80mg oxy a day. I was doing that for over 6 years and some how some way I was able to find suboxone and then quit forever. I keep reading these things about people saying how bad the WD and the PAWS is with Suboxone. I didn't taper off at all. I just found something in my life more important than drugs and just quit. It can be done you just have to want it bad enough. I was just like every one of you who hated the WD and the high was long gone you just wanted to get through the day. 6 years over 2000 days and finally I decided that enough was just enough. I really hope to talk in this site more and be of support to others. I am very well versed in these topics as I have been around them way to long so if anyone wants to hear anything positive please feel free to PM me. It can be done I promise you.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2011 2:03 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Hi and welcome! Thanks for posting your experience it will benefit many. I am glad you decided to join us and help others. We can always use more people that have been thru it and succeeded to help the members going thru the process. I look forward to getting to know you. Congratulations on your continued sobriety!

Post subject: Hi
PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2011 4:13 pm 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

Hello, It was nice to hear your story. To hear that you have positive things to bring to the table is music to my ears. Just alot of scary things told here about quitting suboxone. I'm glad I'm on a site were both sides are told. It is a great place for us all to share our fears, concerns and Joy. Thanks for caring and sharing. Looking forward to hearing more.
Thanks
Mel :wink: