It is currently Sat Aug 19, 2017 7:30 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post subject: New Here, Addict.
PostPosted: Wed Oct 30, 2013 7:13 am 
New Poster
New Poster

I would like to start off by saying. I'm a addicted to Opiates. I'm twenty-three years old, I've never had a real reason to take opiates, but it still happened. I'm addicted to fentanyl and Opana they have taken over every aspect of my life for nearly five years. I have a small child whom is almost three. Its time to stop. For him and my family. They lost me last February. Luckly the EMTs revived me just in the nick of time, due to fentanyl overdose. My brother is one/was aswell. He is in a suboxone program. He has became some one I would love to be (family man).
Last Friday I had a suboxone appointment. My doctor prescribed 12 mgs for the first week, but she gave me 14 8mg strips. Suboxone makes me feel as if ive never touched a opiate in my life. I've had no with drawls other than when I was being introduced to the drug. I can already see improvement in my daily tasks such as hygiene/ house keeping and the quality of my work has greatly improved. IM A LIVE. Im now laying the bricks to the road that I will travel to become once again a respectable human being.
-Thank you Jesus!

I have a bit of a problem. my doctor told me to take 8 mgs in the morning and around 1 or 2 take the other 4mgs. Which I did but I started to get a urge later at night. So I decided to split it into 3/ 4mgs doses. 8ish, 11-12ish, 3-4ish. But still later at night I begin to crave. I work seconds. from 3-11. I want to do everything right to have the greatest chance of recovery as possible. I see my doctor Friday. Should I try to wait till Friday and bring it up. Or should I try a 4/4mg aday. Anyone who has been addicted to opiates.. A crave is a crave. When I crave I will not stop until I've scratched my itch which is SCARY. Its been 7 days today.

Post subject: Re: New Here, Addict.
PostPosted: Wed Oct 30, 2013 7:44 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Hey zerran, welcome and a huge congratulations. You've taken that first and most important step of seeking help, and envisioning a new path/life. I am new here too, but been in this nightmare for a long time.

Relax, suboxone works much better than you may think, and they are incredibly powerful. What you will come to find very quickly is that you are getting more than you need. Really. All it takes is a little effort when you feel the beginnings of that craving or a trigger, push past it, find something to do, and I bet you will find that familiar comfort on the other side. They last a long time. I was doing four oxy 80's a day, and once I got on subs I discovered they were quite different, and was able to taper from three 8mg a day, to one, in a very short amount of time.

The great news is that you are doing this at such a young age, stay with it, don't quit, you have a huge life waiting for you! Sometimes the hardest part is staying away from people who are still using. One day at a time bro.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 30, 2013 10:36 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

RYD2L1V wrote:
Hey zerran, welcome and a huge congratulations. You've taken that first and most important step of seeking help, and envisioning a new path/life. I am new here too, but been in this nightmare for a long time.

Relax, suboxone works much better than you may think, and they are incredibly powerful. What you will come to find very quickly is that you are getting more than you need. Really. All it takes is a little effort when you feel the beginnings of that craving or a trigger, push past it, find something to do, and I bet you will find that familiar comfort on the other side. They last a long time. I was doing four oxy 80's a day, and once I got on subs I discovered they were quite different, and was able to taper from three 8mg a day, to one, in a very short amount of time.

The great news is that you are doing this at such a young age, stay with it, don't quit, you have a huge life waiting for you! Sometimes the hardest part is staying away from people who are still using. One day at a time bro.

People don't realize, or like myself, I didn't believe that Suboxone would work. I told myself that I was different..Suboxone wouldn't work for me because I was "too" addicted. I remember distinctly the excuses I tried to tell myself to keep from going that first time....
but oh, once I got that first taste of Suboxone...the real "me" came shining through...and I became the person I should've been. Now, for me...5 years later...the hardest thing for me is telling my own family.. My mom...I wish to God she would just try it...but she doesn't think she has a problem.
I just heard that a friend of mine that has been clean from meth for 3 years fell back into the hole yesterday...she just ...let herself go. So sad that people don't realize how they can't get complacent with being clean...it's a full-time job and requires constant and consistent work.

RIP little brother. Gone, but not forgotten.

Our Sponsors
PostPosted: Wed Oct 30, 2013 11:53 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Hey Zerran,

Welcome to the forum!!

It looks like you're taking 8mg in the morning, then another 4mg in the early afternoon, but you work from 3pm until 11pm. That 8mg dose should easily hold you until early evening, that's probably when you should take that second dose, around 8pm or so?

Generally speaking, it usually takes about 8mg of Suboxone to saturate your opiate receptors. I'm guessing that second dose of 4mg isn't quite enough to saturate your opiate receptors and/or you metabolize Suboxone quickly.

You could try taking 3 doses of 4mg throughout the day, but that kind of reinforces that old addict behavior of dosing multiple times a day. Ideally, you should be able to take Suboxone once per day, but from experience, I know that's not always possible.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 30, 2013 1:16 pm 
New Poster
New Poster

RYD2L1V- Thanks for your reply, I will try my best to do as you requested. Thanks for the encouragement. It made me smile knowing people who don't know me will take time out of their day to just let me know i'm doing the right thing.
On a second note, Your 100 percent right about My eldest brother and sister are both addicts, My brother is also building his own road. He has changed ten fold. I've never been so impressed that much in my life. Basicly my mind was telling me if he can why cant you to! My sister on the other had I believe like to try and drag us down when people are doing better she is jealous but she wont take the steps to seek help. Any who I moved out of down just becaue old "friends" would keep stoping by even after I told them im done with it. They still continued to blow my phone up. I got rid of my phone to. So I currently live with my family. ( son, girlfriend) at my mothers house Way out in the boonies. No contact to town. Which is the biggest relief there has been... Peace and quit. peace of mind. Being so young I still have done massage damage to my liver. I just want to be able to provide my beautiful family with everything they deserve.

jonathanm1978- Yes That I'm learning that its constant work. I start my counseling and classes Friday. And im excited, and scared at the same time. Over the last 5 years ive changed. I used to be the preppy popular kid varisty defensive tackle that wasn't shy of anything or anyone. Now I feel like a hermit, aloner I cant bring my self to speak to someone new in person if my life depended on it. and if I slip up and do something silly well look silly doing something. If eats on my and I critize my self for it over and over again.

Romeo- That is currently what im doing 3/4mgs aday and I understand about only should having to dose once. But being the way I am it makes me feel better to dose more than once. Its all in my head.

Thank you folks for taking the time and effort.
God bless you!

PostPosted: Thu Nov 14, 2013 3:22 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Hello everyone you have the Power to quit taking anything you want. I have to say I believe it has alot to do with the mind. I was taking alot of dope, pills, herion, Subs, everything. The easiest detox I ever had was in jail and then sadly prison. I barley felt any withdraw because my mind was more worried about going to prison and not getting killed by someone that i barley noticed I was withdrawing. Plus I knew I had no access to these drugs at all so I kninda just forgot about it. I guess on the street you just sit there and think about it all freaking day and that makes it worst. So occupy you mind mow the lawn do labor work out even if it is from morning to night and before you know it your fine. I have to say that being sober for years in prison I acually felt great at the time it was awsome. When your addicted you are in prison. Trust me when i got readdicted I felt just like I was back in prison sitting in my room. So stop free yourself be strong minded. Love yall good luck........