It is currently Fri Aug 18, 2017 8:11 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2015 5:41 pm 
Hi everyone. I have been on suboxone and sober for 5 years. Im looking for people to share with and help in any way I can. I have sobriety down pat. No urges ever but I am at a point where I am mentally done with this crutch and have a hard time kicking it. Ive had as many as 7 days off subs and gave in. Im on 8mg a day btw. Anyway I am at a crossroads and need to be done with this nightmare for good.

PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2015 9:03 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Nik

So is your plan to taper off sub? What was the reason you went back to sub after 7 days? Just wondering if tapering can help.

Can you share how you have sobriety down pat?

I am a planner type personality so I would suggest you create and write down a workable plan to get off sub if that's what you want.

Welcome to the forum!

PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2015 9:57 pm 

Tiki is right. You've been on sub for 5 years and like most addicts I'm sure you've been using that time to build stability in your life. If you think you can step off sub, I'm sure you're right. But you certainly should taper down to 2 mg (with relative ease) and then slowly work your way down from there. You've been on sub for 5 years and there is no reason to rush a taper! You may be setting yourself up for failure if you don't give yourself a chance to taper. There are many stories of tapering in our Stopping Suboxone section. Feel free to browse through them to help you plan a tapering schedule.

Amy

Our Sponsors
PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2015 9:18 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Amy-Work In Progress wrote:
Tiki is right. You've been on sub for 5 years and like most addicts I'm sure you've been using that time to build stability in your life. If you think you can step off sub, I'm sure you're right. But you certainly should taper down to 2 mg (with relative ease) and then slowly work your way down from there. You've been on sub for 5 years and there is no reason to rush a taper! You may be setting yourself up for failure if you don't give yourself a chance to taper. There are many stories of tapering in our Stopping Suboxone section. Feel free to browse through them to help you plan a tapering schedule.

Amy

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2015 2:44 pm 
New Poster
New Poster

Hey what's up everyone, I have been on methadone for almost 9 years now, and sober the same amount of time minus a day. When I decided to get on methadone was the same time I decided I had enough of the life I was living and really wanted to change. I am almost off methadone and hopefully be off suboxone soon as well.
I hope I can use this form to help and be helped along the new chapter of my life. With this new chapter of my life I am loosing a dependent but I also am gained a much better dependent in my life "My Wife" who is very strong, supportive and pushes me to be better, but at the same time understands what I am going through.
I can give advice as well as receive, and I know many people go through many different and similar events in their lives and the more information we share and honesty with yourself and others can lead to knowledgeable altering events which can help and change the world.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2015 2:54 pm 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

Hello and welcome to the forum!
Why don't you tell us more about why and how you got addicted if it is not too personally. Methadone treatment is a tricky subject on here and we need more personal experiences to help our members that are struggling with the transition to Suboxone. Your input would be greatly appreciated I am sure.
Welcome to the forum, I guess I will be your greeter for the day! lol
Happyg