It is currently Wed Aug 23, 2017 5:35 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post subject: New Guy
PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2016 1:29 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Hi,

I've been on suboxone for almost a month now and have been reading posts on this forum since starting every time I have had a question or concern about the medication. It's been very helpful to me as a newbie to sub.

I was still having horrible physical withdrawal after 3 weeks cold turkey off my DOC - Furranyl-Fentanyl (I was pretty out of it when I went to detox and lied and said I was only on benzos - fu-f doesn't show up in UAs) and left the abstinence based rehab I was attending early to go on Suboxone treatment. It was the best decision I could have made and I believe it most likely saved/is saving my life. I could not have stayed sober with the pain I was in and cravings I had. Everyday of those three weeks was physical agony. I am amazed at just how great this medicine works and how awesome it is to feel what I assume "normal" people feel like. I may decide to taper off someday, but right now I am only worried about living one day at time and today I have subs.

Post subject: Re: New Guy
PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2016 3:43 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Welcome and glad you are here. You will find this site helpful. Sounds like you have had quite a journey and i would be interested to read more of your story. Sounds like chronic pain was part of the reason that you were on opiates.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2016 4:23 pm 

Welcome Pan,

So glad your feeling better. Congratulations on saving your own skin. Hope you continue
to work on your recovery.
This is a great group here, many success stories with medication. .

May I suggestion googling The Users Guide to Suboxone, written by our founder Dr. Jeff Junig. It is free and the best 35 pages on the subject ive ever read.

Good luck to you Pan81, we are always here ...

Razor

Our Sponsors
PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2016 4:25 pm 

Hey Pan welcome!

Fentanyl is very strong so I understand why it took u a bit to adjust and I bet ya feel so much better now. U definitely made a great choice for urself, I don't regret it one tiny bit. Suboxone saves my life every single day. I'm very grateful.

I wish I'd found this forum when I first started taking suboxone. I went a yr or two before I found it. So it's good u got here and getting questions answered u may have. This forum is a huge support and there's tons of caring ppl here too.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2016 4:48 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Hello Pan,

Welcome to the forum. What a great decision you have made to treat your addiction with this life saving medicine. I truly believe that this medication, when taken properly has the ability to keep cravings at bay and turn your life around. I am living proof that this med can not only keep you drug free but also help with depression and pain management. I personally plan to take this medicine for the rest of my life. i have tapered off before only to get back on it because i felt so NORMAL on it and i like the person i am while on it.

I wish you all the best.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2016 7:27 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

I've also been down a dark road with research chemicals. Fu-fent, butyrfent, all the benzo analogs plus a-php. They all kicked my ass! Its soo amazing how the majority of fentanyl analogs are legal and unregulated!
Congratulations and welcome to the forum. Fentanyl analogs are killing a lot of people here in Philly.. It's wild. Narcan is being given away everywhere.
If I could give you some advise it would be to forget about the research chem world. Its a bunch of dealers And addicts masquerading legitimacy..

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2016 9:26 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Thank you all for the welcome posts. The support feels unexpectedly good. I've never been much of an online forum kind of guy in the past, but sharing with you all who have had the same/similar struggles is pretty cool. SullaFelix, the analogs definitely kicked my ass also (wife had to do CPR on me multiple times while waiting for the ambulance). I am so done with research chemicals and all of it. You're the first person I've come across in recovery who has done the same type of drugs I have other than guys who had bad heroin experiences where it was cut with fent RCs.

Thanks for the reading recommendation Razor. I downloaded it. And Jeandianne you are right, I initially started opiates for chronic pain years ago before getting into nastier stuff when the oxy and such no longer did anything except make me itch like a bastard. When I have some time ill post my story. I look forward to reading all of yours also. Thanks again for all the support. It's a good day.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2016 2:06 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

I still struggle with research chems primarily a-php. I put myself on maintenance with it haha. I swear it was the only way for me.