It is currently Wed Aug 23, 2017 10:57 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post subject: New Guy over here
PostPosted: Sun Dec 27, 2015 4:50 am 
New Poster
New Poster

Hello
I have been on subutex since 2004 and quickly became addicted to it. I dont get people who take it with discipline, like they would take their asthma medication. Of course I get high on it (well, it's a strange kind of high, unlike an H high), I double my dose and go ranting and raving like a mad man. I'm a daily gym-goer and work out avidly and taking that extra half a dose pumps me up, baybay! But the downs you get the next day after a bender are so fucking horrible. Anyway, just wanted to say hi. Looking into an ibogaine detox but the person at the center I found in ** warned me about PAWS, kinda scared. Also starting to appreciate the advantages of being on a short-term vs long-term acting opiate. the clinic in ** suggested I go back on the H in the few weeks' leadup before taking Ibo and I'm like, nope, not going back on the street, not taking a risk. I haven't scored illicit drugs since 2010.

Not getting enough information about long-term success rates of ibogaine with subutex and I'm starting to feel that it's because, there's just not enough data yet.... any available comments about the long-term success rates of subutex (I've been on 4mg for years, just had my doctor up it to 6) with ibogaine?

in other words, am I looking at years of PAWS-related trauma after my ibo experience? will I be able to hold down two part-time jobs like I am now?

Your man LB

Post subject: Re: New Guy over here
PostPosted: Sun Dec 27, 2015 2:38 pm 

LB,

One, welcome to the forum! Two, stay FAR AWAY from Ibogaine. It is just too risky not knowing the outcome. You must not be in the U.S.A. or you're dealing with an illegal outfit. As far as I know, Ibogaine is illegal in the U.S. People here head down into Mexico to get treatment. Do you really trust a substance that has been banned? And for good reason. A lot of people have had horrible experiences with it compared to those who benefited. Don't let one or two success stories make you ignore the bad or negative ones.

It sounds like you're a run of the mill addict like the rest of us here. There is no easy way out. If you want off the Subutex it will have to be done very slowly and over a great deal of time. Then what? We addicts need some sort of recovery program so we don't end up at the same place we started. Why go through withdrawals only to be addicted again at a later date?

You'll get others wiser than me posting back to you. I just wanted to give you the welcome shout out. Read as many posts here as you can and get educated about Buprenorphine. You two are buddies now so it's best you know a lot about it.

rule

PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2015 4:30 am 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Welcome Luke,
Congratulations on not using h for 5 yrs, it sounds like subutex has worked well for you too. I am one of those ppl who take my subs like I would any other medication. A life of prostitution and addiction was a life I got to leave behind. Subs offered me a second chance,an opportunity I would NOT have had through NA or other resources. It's easy to forget how dire things were. I wish you luck and hope you keep posting.

Our Sponsors
PostPosted: Sat Jan 02, 2016 4:24 pm 
New Poster
New Poster

LukeBot wrote:
Hello
I have been on subutex since 2004 and quickly became addicted to it. I dont get people who take it with discipline, like they would take their asthma medication. Of course I get high on it (well, it's a strange kind of high, unlike an H high), I double my dose and go ranting and raving like a mad man. I'm a daily gym-goer and work out avidly and taking that extra half a dose pumps me up, baybay! But the downs you get the next day after a bender are so fucking horrible. Anyway, just wanted to say hi. Looking into an ibogaine detox but the person at the center I found in ** warned me about PAWS, kinda scared. Also starting to appreciate the advantages of being on a short-term vs long-term acting opiate. the clinic in ** suggested I go back on the H in the few weeks' leadup before taking Ibo and I'm like, nope, not going back on the street, not taking a risk. I haven't scored illicit drugs since 2010.

Not getting enough information about long-term success rates of ibogaine with subutex and I'm starting to feel that it's because, there's just not enough data yet.... any available comments about the long-term success rates of subutex (I've been on 4mg for years, just had my doctor up it to 6) with ibogaine?

in other words, am I looking at years of PAWS-related trauma after my ibo experience? will I be able to hold down two part-time jobs like I am now?

Your man LB

Thanks for the kind message!