It is currently Sat Aug 19, 2017 9:31 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post subject: new girl from ny
PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2009 4:47 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

I became addicted to any form of pain killers about 3 years ago. I have been on suboxone, 6mg a day for 10 months now, and my life has never been better. Until....i lost my health insurance and have been trying to taper off for a month now. Im stuck at 1 mg a day and i have 3, 8 mg left. Just from dropping my dose i am experiencing terrible depression to the point of wanting to end my life! I have 2 toddlers who need me and i would not go thru with it , but these thoughts are taking me over. im having terrible panic attacks also. I'm trying to work and do what i gotta do but i want to give up and go to a psych ward!! should i try to stay on my suboxone and pay for dr's visit and script or should i take off work and try to get off completely? i feel i'm dragging this out too long and it's wearing on my sanity and my health. If i get the script, $300 best deal i can find, the rent wont get paid this month!! Also could i go on disability for this? my job is very physically demanding and im having a very hard time working and taking care of my babies. i know alot of people are going thru similiar situations and it would be great to hear from anyone right now.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2009 5:14 pm 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

welcome krystin724 !

I'm so sorry you are going through such a tough spot.

I'm so glad to hear you are not going to take your life. I don't know the answers to your questions about disability, and should you skip rent to buy your Sub. WOW! Have you checked with your doctor? Sometimes there are way's that prescription companies can help, but i don't know for Sub. Would it hurt to ask? Please stay on this planet for you and our kids. Hang in there. You are in thoughts and prayers.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2009 6:18 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

1st of all I'm happy to have you here. Its always nice to see another person joining the site. So what I'm thinking is keep taking the suboxone, and call around and find some generic subutex. It is around, you just need to look for it. This way you can stay sober, and pay the rent. Worst case you can't pay the rent this month, been there. It's gonna suck in the beginning, can't lie about that, but in the long run you and your family will be better if you stay in treatment. If you opt to not stay in treatment you run a huge risk of relapse, so you paid the rent this month, but if your using where is the money for next month? Just my two cents.

Our Sponsors
 Post subject: thanks
PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2009 3:34 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

thanks for your kind thoughts and insight.im going to do whatever i can to stay on my suboxone. ill be worse off if i relapse!! My pharmacy will do as many partial fills as i need !!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2009 5:17 pm 
I'm so glad to see you've decided to find a way to stay on your medication. It does not sound like this is a good time for you to be trying to taper and get off your Suboxone. Like you said....you cannot afford a relapse! You think life sucks right now and sure times are tough but add to that a relapse... and think what hell you'd be in! You're already down to such a small dose of Sub so that's gotta help a lot money-wise. Start calling around for the new generic Subutex too - I don't know ir any pharmacies are stocking it, but I'm pretty sure if you'll call ahead and speak to a pharmacist they can order it for you. I've read on here that it can be less than half the cost we've been paying. That would be a tremendous help, huh?
Hang in there! You have everyone's support here.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2009 6:02 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

setmefree wrote:
I'm so glad to see you've decided to find a way to stay on your medication. It does not sound like this is a good time for you to be trying to taper and get off your Suboxone. Like you said....you cannot afford a relapse! You think life sucks right now and sure times are tough but add to that a relapse... and think what hell you'd be in! You're already down to such a small dose of Sub so that's gotta help a lot money-wise. Start calling around for the new generic Subutex too - I don't know ir any pharmacies are stocking it, but I'm pretty sure if you'll call ahead and speak to a pharmacist they can order it for you. I've read on here that it can be less than half the cost we've been paying. That would be a tremendous help, huh?
Hang in there! You have everyone's support here.

I second that!

Post subject: krystin724 in ny
PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2009 7:26 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

I too am in NY are you in the city? The pharm. I get mine from are the cheapest in the city. Please send me a message if you want the address.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2009 12:07 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Hey there.

If it helps, I used to fill my suboxone at one time 8 pills at a time (a partial fill). It was still expensive, but at least you could get a few more if you can you know? You can partial fill suboxone to sort of spread out the pain of the price.

As others have mentioned, the generic Subutex is on the market, and usually about $2.50 - $3.00 a pill (8mg tablet). Maybe you could switch to that? If you're at 1mg/day, then you would need 30mg a month, or 4 pills.. $10.. Even 2mg/day is 8 pills at $20-$30 a month or so, which I'm sure could be doable.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2009 1:31 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

If you've lost your insurance, you might qualify for Reckitt's needy meds program. Go to the Suboxone website for more info. They provide free medication to low income patients with no health insurance. If that doesn't work out, PM me and I will give you info on how to taper off as smoothly as possible.

-Jack Kornfield

Post subject: partial fills
PostPosted: Tue Dec 22, 2009 3:11 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

every time I get a partial fill, it voids the script, I have to go back to my doctor to get another, I cant go back to the pharmacy and get more of the script like you described, what pharmacy do you use?