It is currently Wed Aug 23, 2017 2:14 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post subject: New To Forums
PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2009 10:20 am 
New Poster
New Poster

Hi everyone, i have been browsing around for a few days and thought i would introduce myself. This is my second round with suboxone after being on MMT for about 2 years. Unfortunately my end run with methadone was a nightmare and after 3 weeks of still feeling sick i gave up. However i quickly returned to my old suboxone doctor and got on suboxone. All in all its doing its job. Suboxone and I have a history of a few side affects *and still do* I suffer headaches that don't go away unless i sleep and unfortunately i am getting less than 4-5 hours of sleep a night if that. Otherwise I am feeling "normal" maybe a little hyped up. Glad to see so many active members that actually have a clue of what there taking and understand that this isn't a "miracle" drug but a tool to help you reach your goals.

Billy

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2009 7:53 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Methadone is a nightmare to come off of. I was actually taken off 120mg a day by court order with no taper, and I swear I almost died. I would take heroin withdrawals any day of the week in comparison just because of how long the methadone sickness lasts. It was about 5 weeks before I felt normal again, and I went 9 days without even a minute of sleep. Suboxone has its issues as far as side-effects (I have had more than with methadone), but when you do decide to get off of it, it is a walk in the park compared to methadone. The sickness does last about as long (I have detoxed off of Suboxone before, too), but it is no-where even in the same galaxy as painful. You can sleep decently, although you will sleep lightly and wake easily, not too much joint pain, normal appetite, no vomiting, etc. At least that is how it went for me. It is just enough to be annoying, and it can wear on you a bit for how long it lasts, but the intensity is the easiest withdrawal I have ever had by far.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 14, 2009 2:03 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Hi Billy-

Glad you finally came out of your shell and posted! Every post makes a difference to others who need support, Thank You for contributing!

Our Sponsors
 Post subject: Re: New To Forums
PostPosted: Sat Nov 14, 2009 11:43 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

sworntotheblack wrote:
Hi everyone, i have been browsing around for a few days and thought i would introduce myself. This is my second round with suboxone after being on MMT for about 2 years. Unfortunately my end run with methadone was a nightmare and after 3 weeks of still feeling sick i gave up. However i quickly returned to my old suboxone doctor and got on suboxone. All in all its doing its job. Suboxone and I have a history of a few side affects *and still do* I suffer headaches that don't go away unless i sleep and unfortunately i am getting less than 4-5 hours of sleep a night if that. Otherwise I am feeling "normal" maybe a little hyped up. Glad to see so many active members that actually have a clue of what there taking and understand that this isn't a "miracle" drug but a tool to help you reach your goals.

Billy

This is my 3rd time with soboxone, the first time i was done in 6 days and the 2nd time i did't give it a chance
and was getting bad headaces from it. Well just stated my 3rd go with it this morning and hope to be finished in a week
but i don't know this time because i was doing around 25 roxie's a day

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 14, 2009 1:02 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

You know I have a lot of experience with Heroin, Oxy's, and methadone. Years, I am 39 and got clean in 2004. I have kicked in jails, institutions, and miraculously, on the street. I have had had enourmous habits like all of us, 1 -2 grams of south FLorida heroin IV style.

Now that you know where I have been and wha I have done I will give you my experience, that's all I can give. I would always taper down to a low dose before I really started to come off. I look at it as diving of a 20 story building or jumping off my roof.

As far as the 30 mg roxies, that is what I am going right now. I got down to like 1 a day. Maybe 1.5 a day. Doing them like every 3-4 maybe 6 hours, in quarters thats 7.5 mg. Then and only then would I start my detox. I am now breaking an 8 mg sub into 1/8ths. And then breaking that in to chips. I take one in the morning, wait as long as I can, the first day I took like 3 chips, crumbs, whatever you want to call them. Yesterday I took one chip in the am and one at night. You get the point. I take a 10mg valium to sleep "IF I HAVE TO" and most importantly I go to meetings, work a program, and work the steps. With out a recovery program youa are doomed. That is why I failed up to 2004. I would quit, kick, be forced to kick. And then no NA or AA. You, or I should say I have to work a recovery program to stay chemical free.

I am new to suboxen. It is a very strong drug. What else can you take a crumb of and have it hold you for hours? I do know 2 things, adventually I have to step away from crumbs of subs and I better have a strong recovery program waiting for me or I am right back on the train to hell on God only knows what type of opiates.

Good luck, trust God "PRAY", and get a sponsor and go to meetings, work the steps. YOU ARE AN ADDICT YOU CAN'T DO IT ALONE.