It is currently Mon Aug 21, 2017 8:06 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post subject: New to Forum
PostPosted: Sun Jun 14, 2015 10:07 pm 
New Poster
New Poster

Hi I am new to this site. I have my second appt with my suboxone Dr this week. I live in a rural area and have to drive almost two hrs to see him, also the cost of the visit is over 200.00 but after yes of abusing the cost out-weighs the risks. Any comments and help at this point is desperately needed. Thanks so much, Kaley

Post subject: Re: New to Forum
PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2015 1:25 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Kaley, welcome to this forum. Congrats on your choice to begin what is hopefully a life moving away from active addiction. I was a 15 year opiate abuser, and have been on subs over a year and a half. I was married for 12 years, have 4 kids, and lost it all, and have been separated and divorced from my wife for the past 6 years....with suboxone however, I have got my stuff together, and now we are getting remarried next Spring. Weekly counseling, group therapy, and medication were my answers to get my life back on track. I tell you this to give you hope that you can get your life back, oh yeah, I have money in both my checking and savings account too, these are the kinds of things that happen when you get out of any active addiction, and start the recovery process. I as long as others can only tell you are experiences, and give you encouragement. I fully believe in using the medication long-term, and I have never looked back. Good for you to go so far to seek help, it shows that you want it. It may take a few weeks or so to figure out your "correct dose", but ask your doctor questions, don't be shy, and you can always ask people here. Good luck, I think we were all a little nervous, scared, and unsure of what to expect the first time we went to the doctor. All I know is my life is 100% better and continually moving forward since I chose to be on this medication.