It is currently Thu Aug 17, 2017 3:41 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2012 4:46 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Hi there! For the past few days I've been reading thru post after post wanting to respond to many of the discussions. I've never posted anything online before but I've come to a point in my life and my recovery where I feel deeply alone. I have already found comfort in reading stories of others just like me. My husband and 3 children and I just moved a very long way from my hometown. Away from all family and friends. Away from my old sub dr, who I've seen for the last almost 4yrs. (it will be 4yrs on the 21st of this month)(my daughters bday, unknowingly my present to her away to rehab I went). Away from all of my support group. I have come such a long way in these almost 4yrs. From a dangerous and suicidal addict, to a better mother, wife, daughter, and friend. I am afraid that not knowing anyone and sitting at home with kids all day with no interaction with adults or even anyone who understands what recovery is like will be detrimental to my recovery. I somehow feel a little "at home" if you will, with the uplifting and encouraging threads in this forum. So I guess I was hoping to start my new future in this new town we moved to by posting and hopefully interacting with some of you. I hope this thread will find someone that either knows what I'm going thru right now or anyone with some good advice to work thru this until I've reached a new home base group, etc. etc. Thanks to anyone out there for "listening".

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2012 11:59 am 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

Hello- and welcome! :)

I hope that you have success with getting re-established in your "new" town.

Good Luck,

-ex-

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2012 5:55 pm 
One Month or More
One Month or More

Welcome wenn!

I Hope this forum helps you as much as its helped me lately - I sent you a private message. Hope to hear from you soon!
Take care

Our Sponsors
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2012 6:59 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Hey ex Thanks for reply! Hi gettingthere YES I did receive your MSG I appreciate you reaching out to me. You say that this has helped you a lot lately ?...feel like "talking" about it? I'm here and I'd love to hear all about why and so forth. I'm sorry I'm a tad out of it from this flu I have going on in my house (keeps circling ) and it not fun, so if I have misspelled it is for that reason lol!
Thanks again to you both for the welcome wagon, and hope to "hear" from ya both again.

Wen

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2012 7:07 pm 
One Month or More
One Month or More

Hey Wen, I'd love to "talk". Get back to me when you're feeling better, hopefully it's soon!

The flu circled my house a few months ago so I know how miserable you must be. Everytime all the kids got well I'd end up with it & then one of the kids would get it again.It's exhausting!

Anyway, get well soon & I hope to hear from you!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2012 12:49 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

I found this forum too, after I had been on suboxone about 7 months I think.

see, when I was using, we never had money for a computer, let alone an internet connection, or even CABLE tv for that matter!!!

Isnt it nice to have your life back in 'order'???

Anyways, wanted to say HOWDY
I really hope you find this site as therapuetic as i have. the days where I feel really alone, it seems like all I have to do is log on here and 'post' what ever it is thats bothering me and things are just a little bit better.....

WELCOME
I hope you stick around!!!!!
talk to you soon

That's TRUE STRENGTH
http://almostoneyearclean.blogspot.com/

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2012 1:04 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Hi Amber! Yes it sure does feel GREAT to have my life bac. It took a verrrry long time to get here! Are you still taking the Sub? If not how long were you on before you jumped off? I'm just curious not that right now is a time for me to start that process but hopefully in the near future I will be able to make that next step. Im still on quite a high does 2x's 8mg a day. And it will be 4yrs on Tuesday that I have been off of many many substances. (besides the subs). But that in itself feels great! 4yrs of not running all day/night looking for the next high. I had quite a bit of addictions besides just opiates. But hopefully this site doesnt Discriminate on that matter! Hope to "talk" to you soon! :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2012 11:35 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Im still on 3, 8mg strips a day. I take them for pain control too. so Im not really interested in stopping any time soon. I work construction, and probably will forever, already have arthritus in my back, among a few other issues, and I just never, ever, want to take perscription pain meds again. I already know how that story ends......

Im completely fine with being on sub long term. Im currently on the RB patient assistance program. they approved me for a yr. so right now, I dont have to worry about it til the 1st of november. And after that my doctor is soposed to write aletter that will help (hopefully) me get it for another year. if not I may look into paying outta pocket for some kind of insurance that would help with buying the Rx.

and I think MANY of us have or had more than one drug of choice, thats for sure!!!!!!!

That's TRUE STRENGTH
http://almostoneyearclean.blogspot.com/

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2012 7:38 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Hey Amber I hear you about never wanting to take pain meds again! Me either for that matter I have had many surgeries in the past and I've put off a few in the last 4yrs since I've been on sub! Good luck to you with staying on the program you are now with subs. The 1st year I was on em I paid out of pocket and they were expensive especially like you I was taking 3 8s a day. So hopefully you will stay on that program if possible. Anyway thanks for the replies it's been very helpful to have someone "listen" and give feedback! Take care and hope to "talk" again.