It is currently Mon Aug 21, 2017 1:41 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2013 7:09 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Hi, where to start, I've been on buprenorphine for almost 4 years now. I can not take Suboxone bcus I am severely allergic & I never stayed clean. I quit heroin bcus I got pregnant & I found a Dr to give me Subutex (at the time they still had the name brand). A few things are now happening, my Dr lost his license due to anther Dr in our area who is a crook & has been successful at getting most the Dr's who prescribed it to be shut down. I did find a private Dr but he says he wants me off of it in 3 months!! Seriously??? Does he want me to die? I've told him that every time I have tried to wean down I get very suicidal & just lose control. I do suffer from severe depression, anxiety, OCD, ADD/ ADHD, Bipolar, Borderline Personality Disorder, Agoraphobia & PTSD. I know they do prescribe it in other countries for depression so I'm wondering if at this point bcus I've been on it for almost 4 years (beginning of Oct will be 4 years) if it has helped me with my depression or has made it so I can't function without it. He also wants to do a quantitative level test & I'm a bit nervous bcus I do the a little less than prescribed bcus I knew this was coming with my Dr losing his lic. I have 3 kids to take care of so I can't be sick. This Dr still hasn't said for 100% sure that he is going to write these for me. He has made me take several drug tests which is fine bcus I don't use anything else but it makes me feel like he is judging me & not trusting me from the start which isn't right!! Is there anyway to take a few extra a few days before the test to boost my levels or anything I can do or I'm gonna be screwed & probably end up dead from killing myself. I have tried to control it & I can't. I just totally lose mental control & cut myself & cry 24/7 & it's horrible!!! I can find another Dr but ill have to drive a little ways & what if they won't prescribe? I only have until Sept 8 to get a script from someone. I need some serious advice on what to do. Not hear about taking a few less or whatever. I'm in need of help that is helpful, not condescending or judgmental. There are 3 children involved plus my fiancé found out he is very sick from his Hep C & is starting treatment soon so I don't have time to play. I need to get this figured out as soon as possible for my mental health, my kids sake & my fiance's sake! Please only comment if u can help, this is serious, my fiancé could die & he ia the beat rhing to happen to me & the kids, he is that sick so I just don't have time for the extra stress of negative or judgmental comments. Thank you!

PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2013 11:37 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Hi Momof3,

Don't worry about being judged here. I didn't see anything in your post worthy of any kind of judgment or condescending comments. You are just an addict who is scared and needs help figuring out what to do. You are right, there is alot at stake for you right now, and you need to find a doctor who is willing to listen and help you...not threaten to cut you off.

I would definitely see if you could find another doctor who is better educated about suboxone management. Have you talked to this other doctor's office to see if he/she is supportive of maintenance? The first thing I would do is call the office and talk to the nurse and see exactly what their views are on this. Explain your situation and make sure they understand that you have been a good patient, no failed UA's, stable on your dose for however many years, and see if they are willing to help you. It would be worth the drive and any inconvenience you have to go through to get a good doctor. It doesn't sound like the one you mentioned seeing is worth bothering with unless it is your only option.

Maybe you could talk to the doctor you were with previously and see if they would be willing to write you a letter of recommendation. I don't know if it would help alot, since he is losing his license, but you never know.

You didn't mention what dose you are currently stable at. Would you mind sharing that information with us? How much have you been able to stock pile to last you?

Have you checked out the suboxone doctor search website to see if there are any other doctors close to you that you might not be aware of? If you need the info for the sites let me know and I will post it for you.

I promise, not all doctors are complete asshole's as it sounds like this one is. There are many good ones out there, it's just a matter of finding one that has an opening and is close enough to you to make it doable.

Look forward to hearing back from you.

Q

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2013 12:21 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Hi Q, thank you! I had just read a few other posts that someone said they weren't taking their full dose & doing the same thing & someone made a comment that wasn't the nicest & I felt it was judgmental & I just don't need that. I currently take 16-24 mg a day, I'm supposed to take 32mg a day. Ive only been successful weaning down just those 8 mg but anything after that I just flip out! I have about 2-3 weeks stockpile saved up just in case bcus not having it scares the hell out of me!!! I don't like cutting & feeling suicidal bcus I feel like I'm failing my kids but without my medicine idk what to do. I have tried for Suboxone Dr in my area on Google & most that r on the list r out of business bcus of this one greedy Dr. This one greedy Dr has several hundred patients, which I thought u could only have 100, he does methadone & Suboxone/buprenorphine. His initial visit is $575 then $150 every month plus if you have insurance he bills hem which is illegal but he eats away with it & never gets in trouble. He also was drunk driving & killed someone & he never saw a day in court along with he was a pediatrician but was also trying to do elderly care & an old lady died in his pediatric office bcus he sent her there to be seen. He was my pediatrician & it used to be several hours wait to see him. It was horrible!! I would much rather drive than give him any $$$$!!!
Then my psychiatrist says I need to stay on it bcus of my mental health but won't write it for me & the Dr's won't talk I each other??? It's like nobody around here cares about if we live or die!!! All they care about is $$! My Sr that is losing his lic is a great Dr & has helped a lot of ppl, & the medical board doesn't realize that they are hurting us patients, not the Dr!!! I guess it's gonna take some of his patients to die from overdoses to get their attention, but then again they prob wont care. They will just look at them like piece if shut junkies like most ppl look at us!!! I hate it!!!!! The worst thing in the world is someone whom is judgmental!!