It is currently Sun Aug 20, 2017 5:37 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2011 7:48 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Hello, I just joined the forum and am looking for advice, thoughts and most importantly encouragement to get me through what was the hardest thing I ever did... going off and going back on Suboxone.

I've been on about 4mg a day for about a year and decided to quit 10 days ago. every day got a little worse until day 8 when I called my doctor begging for something because I had to go to work the next day. All he could recommend was a mild sedative(forget the name) or go back on and ween off. I chose reluctantly to ween, but I am scared $#itless about going through that again.

I've done a lot of research on my 8 days of hell and it was very discouraging to find out that jumping from 4mg is pretty rough. I'm on my second day back on suboxone and feel fine but I'm still scared about what happened so much it has put me in an anxiety-filled depression and have no possitive perspective of anything.

I'm sure my mood will change once my body recovers from that torment. (I still cant even go into detail right now, too fresh)

I'm looking for some suggestions and insight. I do see a shrink and he is helpful. The gameplan is to ween very slowly.
Whats that mean? IDK Drop .25mg every 3-4 weeks? Does that sound too fast? I know everyone is different.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2011 4:35 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Hang in there,you are doing the right thing.Why did you decide to stop in the first place? You most certainly will have a super rough time jumping from 4mg.Just forgive yourself and move on and take comfort in the fact that if you do a slow taper,even down to the microgram,you will have a much easier time quitting.Keep in touch and good luck.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2011 7:11 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Thanks for the reply. It was very encouraging.

I quit because my wife is expecting and didn't realize 4mg was such a huge jump.

Day 3 back on suboxone 4mg feeling better. Prob gonna give it a week or so before going down to 3mg.

not as depressed... :)

Our Sponsors
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2011 7:55 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Hi Jefferson and welcome to the forum. I, too, think you did the right thing going back on to taper down further. It's the best way to reduce both acute & post-acute withdrawals. A 25% reduction every 2-3 weeks is a nice, conservative plan. But even more importantly, listen to your body. If in 2-3 weeks you feel like you need more time, then give yourself another week. And if you feel like you were fine at 2 weeks instead of three, then listen to that as well. In other words, use your taper plan as a guideline and be a little bit flexible.

Good luck with it and again, welcome. See you around the forum. :)

-I'm only responsible for what I say, not for what you understand.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2011 10:15 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Update:

I've been on subs for 9 days now and I'm feeling much less depressed. I'm stable and every day I forget more and more what I went through when going through WD. That's a good thing because I never want to relive those moments.

The taper down plan is still in affect. I plan to go very slow and listen to my body.

I'm glad this forum is here to help me. It has brought a beacon of hope to my lonely struggle.