It is currently Wed Aug 16, 2017 10:08 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2011 7:23 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Today my husband and I made the decision to take our lives back.
He has been on roxi for 2 yrs and I have for over a year.
Long story short, we both are ready to beat this dark part of our lives. We snort his script, run out, spend lots of money of the street, and start all over the next month. About 3 months ago, tried to kick the habit with just tabs. Hardest thing in our lives. We will call a doctor today. Thought this forum would be a good support for both of us.

Tammy[font=Times New Roman] [/font]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2011 10:04 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Welcome to the forum! Congrats to the both of you for taking control and stopping the crazy-ass cycle of active addiction. I think you've made a wise decision. Suboxone helped to save my life and is one of the best things that could have happened to me. I hope it turns out the same for you. Good luck with your doctor and let us know what happens.

-I'm only responsible for what I say, not for what you understand.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2011 12:18 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Hi and welcome, I was basically going to say everything that Hat already did, so I will just say WELCOME and I look forward to getting to know the two of you!

Our Sponsors
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2011 2:18 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Welcome and stick with this. It is not easy, but easier than the alternative. Tons of support here.

Post subject: Tuesday is the day
PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2011 7:03 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Made the call Thursday and set up our first appt. on Tuesday, 9/27......nervous, scared, excited, so many emotions. We know this is what we have to do for our marriage, family, business', etc. Doctors office said not to do a roxi or anything for that matter after 6pm....why is that? I am sure once I read more of the post the answer will be in black/white.
Will pass along how the visit went. Nurse only said not to use after 6 on Monday and bring $$. What should we expect first visit??????????

Thanks for the welcome,
T.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2011 9:35 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

I'm glad you were able to get an appointment. You must be in mild to moderate withdrawals when you go in for your induction. If you aren't in sufficient withdrawals when you start suboxone, then you risk experiencing precipitated withdrawals. Doctors should give you your first doses of sub in their office - although some doctors do have people induce themselves at home (hopefully yours won't do that). When they feel you are in sufficient withdrawals, they'll usually give you somewhere around 4 mg and then wait to see how you do with that amount. After about 45-60 min, the doctor will reassess the state of your withdrawals and give you more sub if you need it. Everyone's dose is unique to them, so your doctor will figure out what works for you based on your previous usage and your cravings and withdrawals. Doses for sub maintenance can range from 4 mg to up to 16 mg.

I hope this helps. Ask any more questions you may have and we'll do our best to help out. I know you're nervous...that's perfectly normal. This will be a HUGE change for you, even though it's a positive one. Hang in there. Before you know it, your appointment will be here!

Let us know how it goes!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2011 11:03 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

That's great! I just wanted to make sure and stress how important it is that you listen to the nurse and not take anymore roxi after 6pm. Like Hat said if you are not in mild to moderate withdrawl and take sub you will go into precipitated withdrawl and it is HORRIBLE! People describe it as withdrawl times a thousand. I am not trying to scare you and as long as you follow the Dr.s orders you will be just fine. Suboxone is an amazing medication and I think you will both be extremely happy with your decision. Let us know how it goes.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2011 9:12 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Hi Everyone,
WE did it!......Whaoo! Hubby and I went yesterday.....2 shots in the butt (that was weird) and then 1/4 pill every 2 hours. Today we do 1/2 every 3. Woke up and not dope sick. Hubby feels good. I feel good except for this horrific headache. Going to work to keep my mind off the way I feel.
Thank you all for the support.........honestly did not think I would be on here writing and communicating with strangers, thank you, talking about it helps. Think we be joing a support group in our area. It is required by doctor and we both feel it will help. Hell it cant hurt.

Staying strong to beat the demon
T.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2011 9:19 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Congrats! YAY YOU! Oh and with the headaches, you might want to try spitting out after everything dissolves instead of swallowing. Some people seem to get headaches from the naloxone and if they spit instead of swallow it appears to help. Also, don't eat or drink anything for about 15 minutes after taking your sub.

Oh! What were the butt shots for?

Keep us posted on your treatment. My best to you both.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2011 8:59 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

The shots were each 1/2 dose to get us started. One each hour to see how we reacted to sub.
Thanks for advice on headache. I did swallow the nasty stuff. I have been awake about 2 hrs and have not taken a sub yet. I probaly should, to be safe. I know in my heart will NEVER snort another roxi in my life.....I feel "normal" again

T.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2011 9:52 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

So you got suboxone shots instead of pills at your induction? (At least for the first couple doses.) Did I read that right? Wow, in almost 3 years I've never ever heard of that! That's really interesting. I'd love to hear more about that from anyone who knows anything about sub shots.

I'm SO glad to hear you're feeling fine ("normal")....that's the word most people use after their induction. How is your husband doing?

Will you do NA/AA or look for a support group of a different kind? There's a site called meetup.com that has all kinds of groups out there for all localities. If you're not interested in NA/AA or SMART recovery, you could always look there for an addiction recovery group in your area. Just a thought.

Continued good luck to both of you.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2011 2:12 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Wow.Out of hours and days of research,I too have never heard of a Sub shot unless it was Buprenex which is Buperenorphine in an injectable form.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2011 10:37 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

The shot burned like hell, I know that. Each of us got 4m of sub injected in the butt and then an hour later another dose. Honestly, did not feel better until the 2nd shot. Doctor offered another one later in the day if needed. We both decided to start 1/4 of an 8mg pill every 2 hours. Worked great. Cost us both $850.00 combined.

Question: Started this Tuesday on 1/4 of 8mg every 2 hrs.......Wed should of taken 1/2 of 8mg every 3 hours and continued until next appt. HOWEVER, both of us are feeling great. We have been taking 1/4 every 4-5 hours. Of course, we are going to continue taking the sub. and we are shocked at how well this is working. Are we ok by taking less than prescribed? Too easy, we expected so much more pain. Not complaing at all.....I love being me again.

Next appt. Oct. 10.

Yes, we are going to do a meeting. We know even if we are feeling better, the demon is still on us. Funny I say that, found a 30mg. roxi in my drawer yesterday. Called my husband to say "guess what just went down the toilet". Felt good to flush away the poison

T.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2011 11:17 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

I'm still so surprised about that sub shot...I'd love to find out more about that.

Anyway, to answer your question, it's fine to take a lower dose or better said, to take the dose that's more appropriate for your needs. Just let the doctor know when you next see him/her. I would suggest you start saving your extra sub. Most of us here save up some kind of backstock. That way you don't have to count days and get to your doc or pharmacy on exact days so you don't run out. That's what I do.

Good on you for flushing that roxi. YAY YOU! I'm so proud of you. Keep up the good work!

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2011 11:04 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Hatmaker,
Thank you for the support....I have drastically cut back on the sub. Yesterday only did 2 times 1/4 of 8mg. Today, it is 10 pm now , and I have not taken any thing. No sub at all. I feel great. My body is saying yes, it is time for bed, long day, however I feel good.
My hubby has only taken 1/2 twice today.....
As long as I feel good, I am going to try and stay clean from it all.
As for the shot....yesterday 2 good friends went to my doctor to start sub. Doctor told them both, shots no longer available. Thought that was strange. Doc gave them both strips, don't know the dosage.
Glad I got sub shot when we went. Today makes 9 days for us.....I feel good with energy. Yes, my hips are in pain from the osteoarithis I have, but nothing compared to waking up dope sick.
Well on my way to a new me and hubby too.

Thanks Again!

Tootles

Post subject: Awesome
PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2011 10:37 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Good for you and hubby getting back on track. Even more fantastic that you guys did it together. This will surely make you closer. I too have never heard of a sub shot... Would be nice though if it were offered everywhere.
I start my sub program in just under two weeks and am so excited/scared!!!
Thrilled that things went better than expected and no you don't have to take your dose if your body isn't telling you too, it's not like an antibiotic, where you if you miss a dose to take it as soon as you remember... I'm more than sure your body will tell you when it's ready!
Im so excited that in less that two weeks I will be able to share all these great reports like others!!!, yay!
Keep us all posted and congratulations.