It is currently Sat Feb 24, 2018 4:00 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2017 8:18 pm 
New Poster
New Poster

Hi everyone! I have been on Suboxone now for about three years (I had a account on here when I first started it, but I don’t remember my username or if I even posted anything). I was on methadone for a year prior to beginning Suboxone. Currently I am on 2 mg per day (I started out at 24 mg!-which was waaaaay too high of a dose for me...). My life has entirely changed from what it was and I am so thankful for that. I abused opiates for a good 10-15 years before beginning medication assisted treatment. The last five years of using being the worst. I started out on pills that friends would share with me (recreationally-ha!), then got into a car accident and got my own prescription. I began to supplement my script with harder opiates (was prescribed Norco, but would buy OxyContin from my dealer-or whatever else he had that I liked...also had a connect who was able to get medical grade injectables D:)

I can honestly say the main reason I used opiates was to kill my depression and anxiety which have pretty much been lifelong. I now take Effexor- 225 mg in addition to Suboxone. I also try to get enough exercise, enough sleep and eat healthy (not always easy) which helps a ton.

I feel like this intro is kind of disjointed and all over the place...not sure what else to write. I’ll answer any questions anyone has. :) Hi!

PostPosted: Sun Oct 08, 2017 10:26 am 

Hello Persian welcome! I'm sorry no one has posted on ur thread yet, it has been pretty slow on the forum last few days. That def happens sometimes. Regardless, welcome!

I think a lot of ppl get addicted because they suffer from depression or anxiety. Opiates makes them feel happy again. We all know now that it sure doesn't last or fix any problems. I loved the energy opiates gave me and that's a huge thing I was intrigued with. I was working full time and taking care of 3 children myself, just went through a divorce and was just drained all the time, I thought opiates was the answer..... we know how that turned out unfortunately.

So glad u found us and I hope u stick around!

PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2017 9:37 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

[color=#FF8000]Hello!!
You story sounds very similar to mine.. but Ive been Suboxone free for 14 days.
I also used for 10 years, on and off, to ease my anxiety and depression... It was a vicious cycle right?! But we don't have to suffer anymore and I'd like to let you know what has helped me out along the way.
Anxiety is no joke. On op of your exercise routine, try some breathing. What I do is Inhale to the count of 4, hold for 4 seconds and then exhale for 5. Doing this will helps me concentrate on my breath and not whatever it is that's making me feel anxious. Focus on the spot in your nose where the air first hits as it enters your brain(usually just a little bit under the bridge). This breathing technique has been so helpful to me, especially at night when I'm laying in bed and that wave hits you(and I know you know what I'm talking about!)
Taking the breathing thing a little further, have you ever tried meditation? I know that sitting in silence might not sound appealing to us addicts but a little practice and you can really learn how to let thoughts exit your mind as soon as they enter. Try a guided meditation for anxiety and on those depressing days, try one with positive affirmations.
https://youtu.be/UZXPuPeJIxY that one is one of my favorites.

Hope you have a great day,
I wish you all the best!!