It is currently Wed Aug 23, 2017 12:13 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2015 6:18 pm 
New Poster
New Poster

I am in my first week of suboxone treatment. After reading a few posts, I think I'm probably taking too much suboxone. My induction was cut short and I live 4 hours away from my doctor. During the induction, I received 12 mg and was still going through withdrawals when I left in the afternoon for home 4 hours away. My prescription is for 16 mg once a day, but I've had to take 24 mg in the morning and some times another 16 at night. The suboxone is not nearly as potent as the tea I was drinking daily and I guess I'm having a hard time adjusting. After reading some posts, I'm going to just dose once a day at 24 mg. and deal with the sweats and cold chills that come at night. I see my doctor again this Friday and I'm a little worried about what he will think about me going through half my script in less than a week. I hope he's understanding. I'm glad that I found this forum so I could see how and when other addicts are using their doses.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2015 5:28 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

I am taking 16mg daily for a 33 year, heavy opiate addiction as well as severe chronic pain from a twice-broken spine. This is perfect for me. I take one film (8mg) morning and one in evening. You could try that, half dose n am, half in pm. Works really well. With the ceiling effect, you are honestly wasting some of your meds. That would be 32mg AT MOST!. Best luck!!

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2015 5:09 pm 
New Poster
New Poster

Thanks for replying BentWar and for the advice. I thought maybe I was wasting some of the medication by taking that much but I wasn't sure. It is difficult for me to just take one dose because my old pattern of behavior was to keep using until I nodded. The suboxone doesn't give me the nods-which is good-I am trying to break that behavior pattern and resume a normal life. So I will give your way a shot. thanks again!

Our Sponsors
PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2015 2:30 pm 
New Poster
New Poster

I agree, I had problems until I started dosing 1/2 in am and 1/2 in pm- good luck-