It is currently Sun Aug 20, 2017 8:15 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post subject: New Film Out Now
PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2010 1:52 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

So my doctor offered to let me try out the new strips today. He said they work much better and gave me a card that gets me a $75 discount (which knocks out my co-pay) each tine I go. The thing is, they are trying to cut our doses with this. He said since much more gets absorbed, we don't need as much. I was on 3.5/day a month ago, then I dropped to 3/day but with this new product they are fencing it off as something that is taken 2/day.

I popped them in under my tongue as usual and they gripped to the lining of my mouth good. They stuck there and dissolved fast, but it puts a sticky goo that almost tastes worse in your mouth. If you put it under the tongue it won't be bad, but don't put it ON your tongue as it gets stuck to the roof of your mouth and you actually can swallow MORE than the normal pills.

It was much quicker, kicked in much quicker and actually feels stronger. I'm used to 3.5/3.0 8mg pills a day, but I feel BETTER than I did on them, and I only took 16mg.

ALSO my insurance (which is very good insurance) threw back a "prior auth" error and I had to take a 4/day supply so be weary of that. I guess since it's a different form my prior auth is no longer good? Hmph. Also, CVS didn't have the full amount only some so make sure that your pharmacy has it in when you get there instead of waiting 45 minutes to find out they don't have it.

ALSO, they require scissors to open (which is semi-inconvenient) but they can be opened rather easily by using your teeth. The strip is very light and easy to lose - I dosed in my car on the way to work and it almost flew out the window so be careful.

Moral of the story - give it a try they are great so far in my opinion but be prepared to drop dose (which shouldn't hurt)

Here's a picture it won't let me embed - BB code broken?

http://img691.imageshack.us/i/subbo22.jpg/

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2010 2:05 pm 
I'm wondering, are they big enough/ durable enough to cut up with scissors? I'm on 2mg 2x/day and I would like to be able to cut it into fourths.
Thanks for the info.
Lilly

Post subject: Re: New Film Out Now
PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2010 3:55 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

So, did you leave it under your tongue for 15 minutes? When i dose, I always let it disolve as fast as possible (the pills), then swish it around everywhere in my mouth for a minimum of 15 minutes. I used to just keep it under my tongue, but ever since I found out how to take it better, it has worked better. But yeah, did you let it disolve, keep the spit in your mouth, and then swish the spit around for 15 min? Or did you swallow the spit as it dissolved? How long did it take the strip to disolve completely? Sorry so many questions, just curious about this.

DB9 wrote:
So my doctor offered to let me try out the new strips today. He said they work much better and gave me a card that gets me a $75 discount (which knocks out my co-pay) each time I go. The thing is, they are trying to cut our doses with this. He said since much more gets absorbed, we don't need as much. I was on 3.5/day a month ago, then I dropped to 3/day but with this new product they are fencing it off as something that is taken 2/day.

I popped them in under my tongue as usual and they gripped to the lining of my mouth good. They stuck there and dissolved fast, but it puts a sticky goo that almost tastes worse in your mouth. If you put it under the tongue it won't be bad, but don't put it ON your tongue as it gets stuck to the roof of your mouth and you actually can swallow MORE than the normal pills.

It was much quicker, kicked in much quicker and actually feels stronger. I'm used to 3.5/3.0 8mg pills a day, but I feel BETTER than I did on them, and I only took 16mg.

ALSO my insurance (which is very good insurance) threw back a "prior auth" error and I had to take a 4/day supply so be weary of that. I guess since it's a different form my prior auth is no longer good? Hmph. Also, CVS didn't have the full amount only some so make sure that your pharmacy has it in when you get there instead of waiting 45 minutes to find out they don't have it.

ALSO, they require scissors to open (which is semi-inconvenient) but they can be opened rather easily by using your teeth. The strip is very light and easy to lose - I dosed in my car on the way to work and it almost flew out the window so be careful.

Moral of the story - give it a try they are great so far in my opinion but be prepared to drop dose (which shouldn't hurt)

Here's a picture it won't let me embed - BB code broken?

http://img691.imageshack.us/i/subbo22.jpg/

Our Sponsors
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2010 4:38 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

I stuck one on each side under my tongue and let it sit for about 5 minutes until it felt like the film had mostly dissolved.
Then I kind of ran my tongue back and fourth across my gums to soak up the remaining film goo. At this point I just had saliva left, but a MUCH smaller amount of saliva than I normally would garner dosing with 2 pills. I didn't swallow any the whole time and I kept the remaining saliva in my mouth for another 15 minutes, swooshing it around until I got to work and washed it down with coffee (which is THE best thing to drink after you dose because it knocks the taste out immediately.)

Normally I would keep it in my mouth for as long as I could once I got to work, but with the strips I could already feel it starting to enter my system much quicker so I felt comfortable washing it down as soon as I got here.

All in all it kicked in about 15 minutes faster than normally and I felt much more relief than 2 tablets ever gave me previously.
Normally if I were to drop from 3 to 2, there would be a very noticeable absence in relief and I would become more introverted/anxious but I feel as though I dosed my normal 3.

All that time that I was keeping it in my mouth for over an hour because I thought it was getting every little bit and putting it to use, I now see that even then I was losing some to the saliva.

I was apprehensive about the dose drop, but I'm beginning to think it wasn't a bad idea and I really like these strips so far. I had no idea that they were coming out this soon, so it was a pleasant surprise.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2010 5:06 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Hello DB8,

Thank you so much for the information, it was very helpful! I get mine this wednesday the 22nd and my dr. said he would let me try the strips. I was very worried about switching and now I feel like i am making the right choice. I no someone else asked but Can you cut them into smaller doses? like a 8mg strip into 4 pieces or less? I wonder if my dr. will cut my dose? I guess I will know more in a few days.

Thanks again :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2010 9:37 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

My question are

Is this not an option............? Is everyone currently on sub going to be forced to go to the strip or willl it be up to the doctor......? I like the idea....but I am an addict and I hate change. What is the protocol here? What are the doctor's being told?

Jim

Post subject: Good question
PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2010 10:12 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

You raise a good point. I would like to know as well. I personally don't want the strips. The tablets work perfectly for me, and honestly, I don't even care to try them......Hopefully my doctor doesn't try to force it on me, and if my doc does I hope I can respectivelly decline without my doc getting mad

ReRaise wrote:
My question are

Is this not an option............? Is everyone currently on sub going to be forced to go to the strip or willl it be up to the doctor......? I like the idea....but I am an addict and I hate change. What is the protocol here? What are the doctor's being told?

Jim

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2010 10:51 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

I believe that it is optional for now, but I have a feeling they will force everyone onto them eventually. My doctor has been talking a lot about the DEA and all these worries about diversion, which I personally think is BS, but apparently these also fight diversion. How? I don't know - other than the codes stamped on each package which they could probably track but you can just take them out of the package before selling if you were to do such a thing.

The main thing I'm seeing is that they are pushing this as a two strip per day formula. The documentation/directions I have specifically refers to taking 16mg/day. It also does note that 24mg is the maximum before there is no medicinal purpose.

There is definitely something fishy going on though because about a month and a half ago, my doctor was very adament about getting me from 28mg to 24mg, due to some new "study" that said nobody should need more than that and that the DEA is up everyones ass who prescribes more than that. Then he pulls out this new product and again drops me, this time to 16mg.

Maybe the insurance companies are using their "f*#! you" money to get us all on lower doses so they don't need to pay as much? I have been running into increasingly agitating situations with these people where they've been doing everything they can to complicate my life.

Another odd tidbit - I sent a text to my buddy earlier to let him know about these and he informed me that he was also going to see his doc today. He went and his doctor didn't even know anything about the strips and told him he hasn't heard of them which I thought was rather strange.

Oh and yes - you can cut them up into pieces. I used a box cutter and tried it out. It was a little sticky cutting through, so you might be better off with scissors but it can be done and should be fairly easy to map out your doses. I realized I didn't have anything to keep the pieces in, so I grabbed a little "weed baggie" that some buttons for pants came in and it served well. The script its self comes in a big zip loc bag from the pharm, so I dropped the baggie in there. I'm currently looking for a better item to store them in, I'll report back with what I come up with.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2010 12:15 pm 
Re: the DEA - maybe the fact that the film turns "gooey" makes it impossible to shoot the bupe. I know there are morphine pills out there that if you try to crush them for shooting they have something in them that turns gummy or gooey so you can't draw it up into a needle. If this is the thinking then maybe they will try to switch everyone over to the film and phase out the tablet.

Post subject: i hope not
PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2010 3:31 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

I seriously hope they don't force everybody on to these. I really don't want to switch to something else when the tablets work perfectly for me. But oh well, I guess I might not have a choice. This sucks.

Lilly wrote:
Re: the DEA - maybe the fact that the film turns "gooey" makes it impossible to shoot the bupe. I know there are morphine pills out there that if you try to crush them for shooting they have something in them that turns gummy or gooey so you can't draw it up into a needle. If this is the thinking then maybe they will try to switch everyone over to the film and phase out the tablet.

Post subject: Maybe ????
PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2010 6:52 am 
Super-Duper Poster
Super-Duper Poster

From looking around on other forums I'm led to believe snorting suboxone is popular, film puts the kybosh on that.. Shame on all the drugies who use their nose !!!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2010 10:17 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Lilly wrote:
I'm wondering, are they big enough/ durable enough to cut up with scissors? I'm on 2mg 2x/day and I would like to be able to cut it into fourths.
Thanks for the info.
Lilly
I was put on them yesterday. Yep, they are definantly strong enough to cut up into whatever size you want. They are more bitter tasting than the pills but they do dissolve quicker.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2010 10:32 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

[font=Comic Sans MS][/font]I was put on the Film yesterday and my Doc office gave me that $75.00 coupon with it because my Prior Auth expired a mth ago. You only get 75.00 off the script if you buy the whole script at once. I cant do that as it is $350.00 a mth. So if you only get 10 at a time than you cant use this coupon! I dont get why they cant apply the coupon then divide that amount by the # of pills you get a mth???

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2010 10:53 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

ReRaise wrote:
My question are

Jim
My Doc switched me yesterday and told me that the rep for Reckitt Benkiser told them that they will be "phasing the pills out" due to people abusing them...(sniffing, shooting, selling etc) Each strip is individually wrapped. The Doc said people are supposed to save all the little wrappers to bring in to them each time you get a new script. That is somehow supposed to prove people arent selling them. So I asked 'whats to stop people from just keeping the wrappers if they sell them?' Sounds like a 'Not-Well-Thought-Out' solution to me. But you can bet that those who are abusing and/or selling them will eventually ruin it for all of us who dont.
Again this is just what my Doctor's Office told me. I'm not 100% sure that they are slowly taking the pills off the market. But I dont see a reason they'd make it up.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2010 10:56 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

hancal106 wrote:
Hello DB8,

Thank you so much for the information, it was very helpful! I get mine this wednesday the 22nd and my dr. said he would let me try the strips. I was very worried about switching and now I feel like i am making the right choice. I no someone else asked but Can you cut them into smaller doses? like a 8mg strip into 4 pieces or less? I wonder if my dr. will cut my dose? I guess I will know more in a few days.

Thanks again :)
Yep, you can cut them. They arent really flimsy or anything. My doc didnt cut my dose and he switched me yesterday.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2010 11:00 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

I can't help but think that maybe the manufacturer is also thinking about their patent. It's expired now. If they get rid of the pills and go with only the film, well, there's a brand new patent again, right? But then, isn't it just a matter of time before there's generic suboxone on the market - right? I don't know...Maybe I'm just paranoid, but I'm not usually prone to conspiracy theories, it's just something that occurred to me. I don't see my doc for a couple of months myself, but when I do, I'll let you all know what mine says. And I'll be watching this thread to hear what others' have to say.

-I'm only responsible for what I say, not for what you understand.

Post subject: this is bull
PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2010 12:28 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

This is just ridiculous. Its like their patent expires for suboxone tablets and now the generic will come out soon so what do they do? They develop a supposedly "new and improved method". And while this drug company can't prevent other companies from making generic suboxone they can encourage doctors not to prescribe it by convincing them the film is better with less abuse potential which means more protection for them and less chanced of being hassled by the DEA. Seriosuly, why do people have to abuse suboxone? It's a miracle drug and they are gonna ruin it for everybody else. I'm very curious to see what my doc has to say about all this. Will post back here after I see my doc. On a side note, doctors could aggressively tackle diversion of suboxone by simply requiring pill counts until trust for their patient is established....but with the strips it just requires less monitoring making it more convienent for doctors to prescribe.and people snort suboxone? I DON'T GET IT. What is the point? Suboxone has never ever gotten me high....but maybe to an opiate intolerant person it would...but even still why not just stick to a full agonist. Blah..

But you know, if having to switch to the strips means more security for those of us who need this life saving medicine then so be it. I guess I just don't like the idea of the change when everything is working great as is. Sorry for the ramble.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2010 5:16 pm 
I agree with you guys that we shouln't HAVE to switch because of greedy pharm companies or sub snorting addicts, but if it dissolves quicker and absorbs better I will welcome the change (not too crazy about the pills to begin with)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2010 5:43 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Hello everyone,

Thanks for all the information it's been very helpful :) I weny yesterday to my Dr.'s and told him I wanted the strips he had no idea what I was talking about. I really think he didn't even believe me at first. So he let me use his computer and I showed him this site and other places about the film. He was amazed!! He said sure you can have them and wrote me the script.

So I drive an hour back to where I live and bring my script to the pharmacy {I had already called earlier to make sure they had them}, wait 30minutes with to kids, to find out I needed a new prior atherazation{SP} and something about my insurance not being able to fill it without it and I guess it could take a few weeks.

I was so mad I was looking forward to trying it. Anyway I had to go back to the dr.'s get a new script and back to the pharmacy. How annoying :lol: Anyway my dr. said by next month it will be all set! Anyone interested make sure you talk to your insurance company first to make sure it will go through!!

Thanks again

Post subject: very interesting
PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2010 8:16 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

That is just crazy ur doc didn't know about it. I know if my doc switches me I will probably warm up to the strips....its just 2 things. First, the idea of changing something when everything is working good as is is not attractive. Second, which I know might sound ridiculous, is that I think the addict in me is very muvch comfortable with "having actual pills in my possession". I dunno I know it sounds ridiculous but having the pills I think fulfills some weird desire since for the past 7 years I have always had some sort of opiate pill. And not having a "pill" might make me feel kinda weird. But, I'm sure I would get over it and who knows it might actually be a good thing to get over that weird adddict desire.