It is currently Sun Aug 20, 2017 12:10 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2010 8:31 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

I would love to try the strip but don't want to drop my dose and I don't care if they absorb better. This might be my chance to get the amount I need without asking for an increase from the dr. I would rather ask her now before she knows they absorb better and cuts my dose than to wait. The only thing that sucks is that I just got a huge discount from insurance so I was paying $34 per month instead of $79. If I switch to the film I hope it doesn't cost more. Is it basically the same price with your insurance?

Cherie

- Winston Churchill

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 25, 2010 9:03 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Thanks for the advice! Im thinking about switching over.Are u supposed to take them under the toungue or just put them in your mouth?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 25, 2010 9:05 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

hatmaker510 wrote:
I can't help but think that maybe the manufacturer is also thinking about their patent. It's expired now. If they get rid of the pills and go with only the film, well, there's a brand new patent again, right? But then, isn't it just a matter of time before there's generic suboxone on the market - right? I don't know...Maybe I'm just paranoid, but I'm not usually prone to conspiracy theories, it's just something that occurred to me. I don't see my doc for a couple of months myself, but when I do, I'll let you all know what mine says. And I'll be watching this thread to hear what others' have to say.

My thoughts exactly. I bet you it is the manufacturer that started raising complaints of Suboxone tab abuse to the FDA, and then like the sparkling saviors they are, they have a solution! A new form that is much, much safer and also happens to up the patent another 5 to 7 years!

Our Sponsors
 Post subject: Got the film
PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2010 3:19 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Excited to have a quicker routine & better absorption (possibly "lower" my dose)

I'm surprised anyone is against this, i don't like being told what to do either but my doctor definitely gave me a choice to switch or not.

Whatever RB's motive is, it seems like a more efficient method. Let's face it, those pills suck.

Plus, precise cutting for a smooth taper!!!

I will let you know how it goes.

:)
Glen B

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2010 11:04 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

I got the new strips 2nite.I must say I was kinda excited about getting them,Ecspecially since Im paying out of pocket right now.Any way this morning I took my last pill,8mg,ya know the usual.So i see my doc. at 6pm and ask him about the strips,and he gladly gave me the script,and the dicount card,which I really needed because Im waiting on my ins. to go through.So I asked him to give me only a weeks worth,14,.So my total cost was like 20 bucks.Same price as the pills.And the addict that I am couldnt wait to get home to try them.So i busted one out as soon asd I got home,and put it under my toungue.They definately dissolve alot quicker and the taste was not as over powering as the pills.Also very little got wasted by swallowing the saliva.Now here it is! maybe Im just paranoid,but I dont think i barely felt it.I took a whole 8mg strip.At first I was all excited because i herd they would probably be more potent,but Im not sure.Ill have a better idea 2moro when I take my first dose.But right now Im kinda skeptical.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2010 4:22 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

I started today.

Went from 8mg 1x per day - (4 2mg tablets all at once, was on small tabs for tapering purposes) to 1 8mg strip

Usually I press the tablets under one side of my tongue and try to keep out the saliva which is hard, I produce a lot even before eating or drinking anything. I keep them there for almost an hour and then swish the saliva for 10-15 mins or longer. Whole process = 1hr to 90 mins. I usually take the subway to work while this in going on with a note in my pocket that says "I can't speak right now, I will call you and explain later" in case I see anyone I know on my way.

Tried my 1st strip today. Placed under tongue while keeping the tongue up out of the pool of saliva that developed, touching the tip to the roof of my mouth. It was completely dissolved in under 15 minutes and the saliva was totally clear, no orange. Funny the little "N8" makings in white ink stay tattoed your tongue. Taste is almost the same but the taste never bothered me.

Definately feels like the absortion is better.

I like the film MUCH better and I hate change too guys. Plus the card cancelled out my co pay!

:)

Post subject: im a lil new to this
PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2010 3:33 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

i have the strips......and so your saying that the less saliva tipping the dose the better absorption or what? please explain this to me and its affects. thanks

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2010 11:43 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

this sure is exciting for me, it takes my tablets almost 2 hours to dissolve!!! craaaaaaaaaaaazzzzyyyyyyyyyyy

i have some whacky spit...but the film brings me new hope...although i have been clean for 305 days, bc the tablets take so long to dissolve, in certain aspects i still act like an addict...planning my day around taking he pills, not going out with my friends bc i know i have to put them in before bed and then in the am i have to get up extra early for school to get them in

so i for one am extremely excited, and those of you who say why switch if the tablet is working...well if it is taking an hour to dissolve...ITS NOT WORKING!!! why not try the film? if you dont want to atleast try the film, thats the addict in you not watning to switch to something new...and by no means am i trying to be a negative nancy, just wanted to throw that out there...i saw on some other blogs people not wanting to switch...but if it can take 10 minutes instead of atleast 60 minutes!!! why wouldnt you want to switch?!?! (i understand if people are taking it and it only takes 10 minutes to dissolve, he tablets that is, but this statement is more for those of us who have to sit around for atleast 60 minutes to have these life changing medicine dissolve)

hope everyone is doing well and stay strong!!!

"my worst day sober is always better than my best day high"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2010 11:47 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

i've been keeping my tongue elevated so the strip doesn't soak in the pool of saliva and wash away. my tongue was a little dry today tough so i quickly dunked it in there to help it dissolve. it says to drink water before hand and i didn't today so i think thats a good idea. hope that helps

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 02, 2010 12:11 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

so wait, are you suppose to keep your tongue up???

i watched the video on suboxone.com...how corny right? and they didnt say anything about that,

im sure there will be tricks to make this dissolve/work better just like the tablets

on a side note...the $75 coupon...you gotta get a card from the doc, i tried to use the printout that suboxone.com sent me...and im pretty sure they didnt get me a discount...

my new insurance plan, which doesnt have much of a prescription plan, will only pay for like 4 bucks so i decided to just not use insurance anymore

i couldnt get the film to fit under my tongue longways without folding over...wonder if that will affect absorption since they tell you to make sure they dont touch if you use two...BUT, i tried cutting one in half, and then just put one on each side...BALLER!!!! it worked

any feedback would be greatly appreciate, hope everything is having a good week

aooooooooooowwwwww

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 02, 2010 12:47 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Wolfman I thought about doing the same thing and am going to tomorrow. It is hard to get it to fit, it takes up my whole tongue.

About keeping my tongue up, no one told me to but i figured it would wash away. Yesterday when I drank a cup of water and then stuck it on, it dissolved in like 15 minutes.

I just watched that video it's funny, it's just them literally reading the directions with an animation, haha.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 02, 2010 9:42 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

i know right? that video is exactly what i saw in my head when reading the directions...they probably should have used a real person instead of an animation, when OF COURSE THE FILM FITS haha

i actually had to get my pharmacy to special order it for me, cvs wouldnt do it and they just kept beating around the bush saying oh it will come it will come soon and i had enough so i called rite aid and they said they would order it for me and it got there within a day...

did you find that it worked just as well as the tablet?? i took them for the first time last night...and they are in now....but i will respond to myself in a couple days anyways haha.

so far i think these things are great, revolutionary...people who are hating...yes, whoever makes suboxone is trying to extend their patent but instead of being negative nancies lets look at it another way...

for some of us it takes a long time for it to dissolve...as in 1.5-2 hours depending whether its the am or pm...the film takes 30-45 minutes, yeah i know thats a while, but it just takes longer for me

suboxone has given me my life back, i feel human again...i graduated from college in 2008 and i am going back again and i am kickin ass...i would never have been able to kick ass 2 years ago, because i woulda been nodding out during class one day and the next puking...and i dont drink or smoke reefer anymore (something i thought i would NEVER stop, reefer that is) because every time i tried to stop before, i would smoke and drink, and every time i did, i would think about pills, PILLS, and MORE PILLS...so finally i made a change in my life...and i am 309 days sober...

peace out, time to go take the dog for a walk

aooooooowwwwwww

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2010 4:46 pm 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

To the person who wrote about not being able to use the discount card if you only buy some of the script at a time....how much do you get at a time? If you get half of them at a time (like I do, I get 30 for one month but only 15 at a time) you could ask your doc to write you for half of the amt with one refill then you could prob use the discount card.....Just a thought. I guess that is what I will have to do....

Of course there's such a thing as angels. Only sometimes they don't have wings... and we call them mothers. -Unknown