It is currently Wed Aug 16, 2017 9:59 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2012 3:31 pm 
New Poster
New Poster

Hi everyone,

I've been sneaking around here for a couple months..and finally decided to introduce myself. I've been so encouraged by everyone's stories...and coming to this forum really helps me get by day to day, to deal with all those things that we all face :) It's nice to know every once in a while that you're not alone.. and that someone else is going through the same feelings, emotions, and struggles as you. So thank you so much for that!

A lil about myself... I've been steady on suboxone for about a month. However this is my second attempt at suboxone...so I'm really hoping this time will be more successful. The first time I decided it was time to quit doing full agonist opiates...was about a year ago. Before this I had been doing pretty much any opiate that was around steadily for about 5 years. (Like a lot of you started with Vic's, moved to Oxys, fent patches, and h..and also used other recreational drugs) Anyhow I was getting the suboxone from a friend...b/c I couldn't afford a doctor then. But since it was never a steady supply, I wasn't taking as much as I should've and ended up relapsing. Until this last month when I decided to get my act together and go back to suboxone.. I had been going back and forth using whatever happened to be around..and using suboxone when there wasn't anything else there. I got sick of being so up and down..and not knowing when I could get something..so I finally decided to go to the doctor!! I am really ready to get my life together...and am ready for some stability as well. I know it's a process...but anything is better than nothing right. Thanks for reading and I look forward to getting to know you all :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2012 10:05 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

I love Tom Petty and I love his song Learning to Fly. "Coming down is the hardest part" is SO true.

I'm glad you're giving Suboxone another shot, especially seeing as you're using a doctor this time. He should prescribe you a high enough dose where you don't get the ups and downs. Suboxone is an excellent medication that should allow you to get some real stability in your life. I think you'll be pretty happy with your decision.

You're right, knowing that you don't face the demon of addiction all alone is a wonderful thing. We're all addicts here, we've been where you've been, we've done what you've done and we understand. Having this community of mis-fits (lol) has helped me and continues to help me in my recovery.

Oh Yeah, welcome to the forum!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2012 1:06 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

GREAT job taking the 'leap' and going for it, the RIGHT way even!!!
something us addicts, is sometimes hard to do......lol

when I first started seeing my doctor, he told me at the second appointment, "you know amber, YOU are not in charge, I AM... YOU were for awhile, and do you like the results??"
I was like hhmmmm, NO!!

Anyways, reading/posting on here is its OWN form of therapy, to me 8)

SO WELCOME

and keep fightin!!!

That's TRUE STRENGTH
http://almostoneyearclean.blogspot.com/