It is currently Fri Aug 18, 2017 3:19 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post subject: New Dose Strips
PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 8:22 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

I went to my Sub Dr yesterday and as we were talking, he showed me a new brochure from RB indroducing the new dosing strips. There is a 2mg, 4mg, 8mg, 12mg and 24mg. Since I'm on 12mgs a day, he offered me the 12mg once a day strip which would be wonderful! While I was in the office, I called my CVS and they said it doesn't come that way, only the 2mg and 8mg. My Dr got pretty annoyed and told me that they are only saying that so they don't have to stock multiple dosages and lose shelf space. He says they probably love to see me come in because they can unload a good amount of Sub and have room for other meds. Anyway, he wrote the RX for 8mgs 1.5/day and sent me on my way. I'm just wondering if anyone else has heard of or seen any of the new strip doses?? I'm in the north Jersey/NYC area.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 12:56 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

I have seen stuff about them but im not sure if they have come out yet, as far as I know they havent been released as of yet but I could be wrong.. Hopefully someone else will come along that knows more about it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 4:09 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

I havent heard of this so sorry i cant help.

But those 24g strips scare me. I see alot of serious issues surrounding that much bup in one strip. Your going to see kids take it all t once not knowing how strong it is and than what

Our Sponsors
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 7:52 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

I need to issue a correction! There is no 24mg strip. Only 2mg, 4mg, 8mg and 12mg. I was mistaken. I did, however, check the suboxone website and they are advertising the new strips and after checking around the site for a while, I could not find any section that said when they would be available so I am thinking that my Dr was right and they are out now. Why would the drug rep bring the brochure to the Dr if they weren't ready? Oh well...I'll have to keep using 1.5 strips instead of 1 per day.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 8:19 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

I think your pharmacy just doesn't have them yet. same thing happened for me when films first came out. my dr. actually went to the pharmacy nearest to his office and made sure they would order some before putting his patients on it. after a few months of being on the film i tried the pharmacy near my work and they still had not heard of them and even though i told them i had been on for a few months the head pharmacist did not believe me until checking the records and even then tried to get me to "just take the tablets". this was in manhattan for gosh sake!

pharmacists can sometimes have an ego about this stuff and dont wanna listen to us lowly druggies. i made an old post here where the same pharmacist voided my refills b/c she said it was "illegal". she had to call me and apologize too, it was pretty great.

gb

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2013 11:12 am 
One Month or More
One Month or More

thats very interesting 12mg strips, never heard of that. My bonehead dr is the type if you dont tell him about it he dont know. Probaby taking more dope than anyone. I might try for those if this insurance let me. Went thru all this hassle to get the 8mg strips approved and I found them to be mad weak. More like 1 milligram than 8. Not easy at the pharmacy also. Most dont carry subs of any kind or willing to order. I live in nyc and find it hard to belive nobody has suboxone or ever heard of it. They pretend like never heard of it or think its junkie meds. I take it for chronic pain from catostrophic injuries. Sub is being used for my condition in the UK very successfully. Some reason usa very slow to catch on.

Post subject: New Doses
PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2013 6:23 pm 

Those new dose strips are nothing new, we discussed it here months ago. All the pharmacy has to do is order them and that's it. Do all pharmacists act the same way when a new blood pressure med is out? No, just the hard headed ones who think they know it all.

In the last 12 months of me getting the exact same dosage films from my CVS pharmacy they've only had them in stock twice. That being the case I never let myself run out where I wouldn't get a days medication. Plus, the two CVS stores I've dealt with in the last two years have always treated me with respect. No druggie thing attitude.

When I go in there and stand at the counter I can see the Subs they have in stock. So far it's only been the 2 & 8 mg's ones.

A little over a year ago there was a survey about Suboxone that most of us here took. At one point in it it asked for any opinions you have. I put down that it would be great if they offered more choices than the 2 & 8's. But what I said was for them to put out doses lower than 2 mg's to make it easier for patients to taper off it. I guess they didn't listen to me. They made more choices to stay on it instead. No biggie, the 2's are still easy to cut.

Post subject: New question...
PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2013 9:07 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

I also go to CVS and have been treated with the utmost respect at all times! I think they just like that I get the Sub off their shelves. I am trying to get them to order the 12mg strips but we'll see if it actually happens. While we're on the subject of dosing...as I've stated, I take 12mgs/day and my last Dr, not the one I have now, said to take 4mgs 3xday. I know that Dr. Junig and most other people here, as well as my current Dr, say that once a day dosing is ideal as it stops the addict behavior of constantly thinking about the next dose and so on. I'm wondering if anyone has any suggestions on how to go from T.I.D to QD?? Thank you in advance!!

Post subject: Re: New question...
PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2013 9:29 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

EmilyRugburn wrote:
I'm wondering if anyone has any suggestions on how to go from T.I.D to QD?? Thank you in advance!!

you could go from 3x to 2x for a bit and then to 1x. just split the doses accordingly.. instead of 4/4/4, do 6/6 and so on. your doctor won't know the difference. or you could tell him your reasons however many dr's aren't as knowledgable about sub as others but still get upset when WE, the patients try to tell them anything. if it was me i would just do it and not say anything...

gb

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2013 1:02 pm 
One Month or More
One Month or More

That must be nice going to cvs and actually getting subs. Here in NYC that def not happening. I've been to almost every pharmacy in manhattan, bronx, and brooklyn. So far they either pretend like never heard of it or flat out refuse to order it. Walgreens, cvs, duane reed all nothing in all bouroughs. Not really a suprise, i had trouble getting real pain meds when I was in wheel chair with cast's all over me. Basically pharmacists here in ny way diff than rest of US. I found one or two spots in bk that have them but pretty shady. Sometimes I think better off getting them the old fashion way-streets.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2013 2:18 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Hi Rick-
I find that very hard to believe since I'm also in NYC and have never had any problems getting my Subs. The CVS on 38th and 5th is my usual and always have them in stock when I go in. Also, the Duane Reade on 39th and Madison, which is a block from the CVS, has them also. They are loud and can be rude so I don't go there anymore but they have them. I'm not sure what area of NYC you are in but I am in midtown and have never had any trouble finding a place that stocks them. In a place like NYC, I can't imagine having such a hard time finding any meds! I would hope that a pharmacy wouldn't lie to a customer but you never know.

Back to once a day dosing, I am trying to split it in two and then down to once a day. It would be so much easier since I hate having to take it at work! Also, since I am a headhunter, I am constantly on the phone so it's very hard to sit in the bathroom until it dissolves! I'm working on it though...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2013 3:06 pm 
One Month or More
One Month or More

Ya thats in midtown, i from the real nyc lol. When I started subs was living in bronx and very hard to find. Then I move back in with family in brooklyn while recovering from massive accident. All over brooklyn and only found 3 spots that have it and only 1 of those speaking english. I surrounded by phamacies both large and small. None willing to help me out or order it, nothing. We also live walking distance to target- flatbush. They wouldnt even consider ordering it. One time I found it on upper east side but I not working there anyore. Most of my time on subs been going to the same pharmacy in bk. I just think its hilarious watching pharmacists squirm every time present my valid prescription. Buying pills on the street feels like addictive behavior. Thats why I doing this legit thru dr. The problem is sooo many crooked doc's and people with fake scrips.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2013 3:22 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

I went to my doctor appt yesterday and she said she was sent the info on them but wasnt sure if they had been released yet because she has been getting info on them for the last 7-8 months so when I went to fill my script afterwards and asked the pharmacist (only a little mom & pop pharm) and he said he hadnt heard of them coming in different strengths but even if they do he doesnt feel the need to order them. He said people have been using the 2mg and 8mg fine with their doses so it to him would just take up more space in his store, basically he said he would not order anything but the 2 & 8mg regardless.. after leaving there to go home I had to pass a rite aid so I decided just to stop in and ask them.. they also had not heard of them and said the same thing.. they see no need to carry that many different subs when people can dose just fine with the 2 & 8mg. I guess its different everywhere but I still dont know if they have been released or not. Im stuck anyway because I take subutex but I do think these diff strength subs would benefit some people. It amazes me how people taking the meds know more than the people prescribing them (in most cases anyway).. I hope you guys find answers soon, sorry I couldnt be of more help but I tried.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2013 4:35 pm 
One Month or More
One Month or More

Thats funny, I've heard similar bs from deadbeat pharmacists. There's no room for any more pills lol wooow. That is one of the dumbest excuses ever said. Tell him he doesnt need room because your taking the pills home with you. I dont know what is wrong with these pharmacies. They need to have a 2 hour suboxone awareness conference with these old timing dr's and pharmers. Set the record straight so this confusion is ended. I dont even argue anymore, just go all the way back to same pharmacy every time. You can search for pharmacies caring subs in your area on the suboxone website. If nothing there start calling around or have your doc call them. I was thinking about submitting my scrip to online pharmacy like wallmart. They would have to fill it but might take extra week to process. Good luck, its a real headache but you'll find it somewhere.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2013 2:50 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

I go to Walgreens, have for a few years-one in my old place and now a closer one. They always treated me with kindness and not like a junkie. If I need a medicine that they don't have they just order it. Always have. They never argued or said they wouldnt do it. Sounds stupid to me from a $$ standpoint to do otherwise. Who turns down business, especially now-days? Maybe try going to a Walgreen?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2013 11:34 am 
One Month or More
One Month or More

Its way different in nyc with all these huge chain stores. For example the lowes in brooklyn makes more money than any other lowes in the whole country. You would think that highest grossing store would have the best staff right? Wrong, they have the absolute worst staff of people no knowledge of anything. Forget about advice they cant even tell you what isle the ply wood is on. This type of low budget hiring is done all across nyc at the major chain stores like target, wlagreens, cvs, homedepot. They dont need good knowledgable service. Will be making more money than any other store in the chain based on the massive amount of foot traffic guarateed to walk thru their store. This can be found all over nyc at every chain store. They hire absolute morons and pay them nothing but still making 10 times more money than lets say walgreens in Ohio. I've been to a real lowes in pennsylvania and know how they run. Usually friendly people working there willing to do anything to help you. Here is absolute opposite of that. Try walgreens on church ave brooklyn and get ready to laugh.