It is currently Wed Aug 23, 2017 3:38 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post subject: New Concern
PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2013 11:25 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Well, I was talking to someone online today who told me that my current Oxycodone daily dosage (180mg daily) is too high and that I won't get the relief from Suboxone that others get who are lower daily amounts but will probably have to go through all the WDs anyway, so don't even mess with the Suboxone. If he's right, I'm beyond screwed. I've really been pumping myself up about this. From what I've read, though my daily dose is definitely high it's not astronomical (I've seen others MUCH higher). I don't have the option of trying to taper to a lower daily dosage now - so I don't know, all I can do is hope.

I'm sorry, we're getting closer to the weekend and I'm getting more edgy. I also got the feeling talking to him that he's REALLY anti-Suboxone, so his advice was very likely tainted by that if I'm right. Actually I think I should probably just park my butt on this forum and don't go wandering.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2013 11:32 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Whoever told you that doesn't know what they are talking about. I had a daily oxycodone habit of 200 mgs, so almost identical to yours, and I started and felt perfectly fine on 10 mgs a day. Trust me there are people on this forum who had way bigger habits than yours and mine who did just fine on suboxone.

My best advice to you is until you try it for yourself take everything you read about suboxone on the Internet with a grain of salt. You will be fine trust me. You will be amazed at how well suboxone works and how normal you will feel.

Just calm down and stop worrying so much.

Squeaky

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2013 12:14 am 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

Very good advice S Clean...
however im a true believer in Dr junings blog over on tbe Talk Zone.
Sanp,do yourself a favor and jump over there and read his many great
posts.

You will find the answers to all of your ?'S there.yes we have great members here
with many insights and track records.i do like to always see what the dr has to say
before i take info as fact.
And you WILL be fine on suboxone this weekendIt should work well for you.
As for me,i was in the 200 mg range when i started subs.wored great on that first
day....so yes please stop worring so much..peace and best of luck to you........razor...

Our Sponsors
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2013 5:11 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

I'm in no way bragging here...but when I was snorting oxycontin, recreationally, I was in the 400mg range per day...sometimes more. I would snort so much and get so high that I would forget how much I had already done...and snort even larger amounts. I remember a 3-day binge where I went through #12 of the 80mg oxycontin's...but factor in that by day 3, I had got up that morning and was left with a 1/4 of an 80. (that would be 20mg). So of the 960mg total mg of oxy I had...in a 48hr period, I went through all of it...or 940mg in 48hrs...the 20mg I had remaining was used to curb some sort of withdrawals..but it just prolonged the worst withdrawal I ever had.
And Suboxone helped me TREMENDOUSLY. I'm SO much better off than I was on ANY amount of oxy.

I knew when I started eating 15-18 lortab 10's per day...there was a problem. Especially when it took that amount before I could even FUNCTION....There was a downhill effect to my life, and I was headed that way quickly if something didnt change.

RIP little brother. Gone, but not forgotten.