It is currently Wed Aug 23, 2017 12:16 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2015 2:29 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

If you live in the area, there's a doctor in Hicksville, Long Island who takes suboxone patients.
You can call him up and ask for prices and stuff before you visit too

Address:
337 W. Old Country Rd
Hicksville, NY 11801

(Btw, i'm not a/the doctor)

Last edited by polik on Wed Oct 14, 2015 10:55 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2015 12:23 pm 

Thank you for letting us know!

Amy

PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2015 7:34 pm 
New Poster
New Poster

I actually had an appointment set up at Stat health in Hicksville for tomorrow and I called to verify and they said no doctor is in...after I've already going through withdrawal all day. ..this kid did not care that someone messed my appointment up...he said...sorry for the mix up...sorry for the mix up? Like it's not important and vital to my health? Are they serious? He told me to go to the er if I felt sick. Thanks for the help Stat health!!!

Our Sponsors
PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2015 12:47 pm 

Hey Rnkle welcome!

That completely sucks! I really feel awful for u, if that had happened to me while I was going through my withdrawal period before my induction I would have freaked out. I was already miserable and nervous something bad was going to happen like the Dr being late or some type of mix up, I feel ur frustration. I guess there's nothing u can do because of their screw up, did u at least get them to reschedule u an appt? If so, how long til ur new appt?

Keep ur spirit up as much as possible, if u can just make it long enough til ur next appt it'll absolutely be worth it. Don't let this ridiculous screw up from that office keep u from ur recovery....it will finally work out. Good luck!

PostPosted: Sun Dec 06, 2015 2:08 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Stat Health and the clinic I posted are two different places. If you go to the clinic tomorrow (mon, Dec 7), the suboxone doctor will be there from 9:00 am to 12:30 pm.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 06, 2015 2:44 pm 

Thanks for making sure we know the difference, polik! I've heard that one of the clinics is in Deer Park. Is that right?

Amy

PostPosted: Thu Dec 31, 2015 1:12 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Yes Amy. I go to the Stat Health clinic in Deer Park and have had the best experience I've ever had there. Switched recently because my previous doc was cash only and raised his fee. This place accepts insurance.

But I have a question regarding that and stressing about the answer. My husband just started a new job so our old health insurance will be cancelled today. The new one will not kick in until February. My appointment will be coming up mid month. So will they accept cash payment for that month or will not being insured be a problem? Common sense tells me they'd accept cash payment that one month....since their website says cash and major credit cards accepted and most insurances. But my anxiety is making this an issue and telling me they won't see me without insurance! Afraid to call and ask! Ugh! :oops:

PostPosted: Thu Dec 31, 2015 8:30 pm 

Since you've had a great experience with this practice, I really think that they will work with you in terms of payment. For your piece of mind, give them a call on Monday to find out for sure. :)

Welcome to the forum, Brooke! Glad to have you here!

Amy

PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2016 5:07 pm 

Hey Brooke!

My clinic accepts insurance and cash patients too. I'm a cash payer so I don't know how they do with the insurance patients as far as ur issue goes, but I'd be pretty confident in saying that they'd let u pay cash for that appointment til ur insurance kicks in. It is possible that there could be some kind of stipulations for that but I think you'll be ok. Don't be scared of calling and asking, you'll feel a lot of weight off ur shoulders if u do. Or u could also have someone else call and ask that question pretending to be a possible future patient and just wondering.

I hope it works out for u, and I think you'll be fine.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2016 10:49 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Oh Amy and Jennifer thank you for your responses! You guys are right! I shouldn't sweat it and just call them! It will make me feel so much better! Why I drive myself crazy in this way is beyond me?!?

You guys made me feel so much better though. Giving me the courage I desperately need! I'll call them tomorrow and let you know how it goes. HUGE THANKS to you guys!

Really means a lot!

PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2016 11:17 pm 

Brooke, you're so welcome! All of folks who comment on this forum love to know that we've helped someone. It helps our own recovery, so thank YOU! Let us know what they say!

Amy

PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2016 2:28 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Well I took your advice and asked. They do take cash payments too. $170.00. I even asked if they take my new insurance. I know the name already it just hasn't kicked in yet. She said they do, but will need to call for authorization and until they don't know for sure if they will receive payment from them....they will take a cash payment from me and I can submit that to them for reimbursement. Now with my prior insurance I had no problem, they took it right away. Probably because they knew my insurance company would pay them?

But my fear has been laid to rest. (Sigh of relief) made my appointment for next week. There was a day (tues) I believe where they said no Suboxone doctor was available that day. My old Dr. Wasn't there a couple days a week also, so I've already been aware that I might need to book an appt. on a different day than what is ideal for me. But made a morning appt. since it's on a day I work. Works out fine. :)

Thank you again for your wonderful advice and support!

PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2016 2:47 am 

I'm so glad it worked out for you! I think that the office is saying that they will have to get a prior authorization from the insurance company before the insurance will pay. That is pretty common. So call your insurance company once you know your plan info (your member number and group policy) and ask them what they might need from the doctor's office to pay for your prescription. They may require, like mine does for you to use a specific formulation like Zubsolv. If the office sends in a prior authorization for you to your insurance company, make sure they write "Expedite" on the form. Sometimes they will take a couple weeks to make the decision to cover your medication or not. Be persistent. I'm quite sure that some insurance companies are required to give their members the run-around, hoping that the member will give up, and I'm sure that it works for a certain percentage of members. Be persistent! :)

Amy

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2016 2:06 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Amy-Work In Progress wrote:
I'm so glad it worked out for you! I think that the office is saying that they will have to get a prior authorization from the insurance company before the insurance will pay. That is pretty common. So call your insurance company once you know your plan info (your member number and group policy) and ask them what they might need from the doctor's office to pay for your prescription. They may require, like mine does for you to use a specific formulation like Zubsolv. If the office sends in a prior authorization for you to your insurance company, make sure they write "Expedite" on the form. Sometimes they will take a couple weeks to make the decision to cover your medication or not. Be persistent. I'm quite sure that some insurance companies are required to give their members the run-around, hoping that the member will give up, and I'm sure that it works for a certain percentage of members. Be persistent! :)

Amy

Thank you!!! Thank you very very much!!! I really appreciate your support and very good advice!

Yes! I'm going to do that ASAP!

Well just a quick update. Came back from appt. It went well. Although this is the third doctor I've seen at this practice? Ha! Wonder how many work there? She was older and kind of flippant about my going there ONE day before I'm totally out of my medicine! Went last month on the 15th? Ha! I used to go to my old doctor five days before just to make sure I'm never out of it! He never ever commented on my days! I get panicked thinking that something can go wrong and I would be without it! And it has!! My doctor once wrote the wrong date and the pharmacy refused to fill it! Had to wait three days since it was a weekend. Other problems have come up too....insurance related and the pharmacy not having sub in stock where if I weren't early would have caused me huge problems!

I'm just that type that plans ahead and thrives on schedules. But I guess this is one of those things I will have to go by their rules and not return til February 12th. And I do get it! I know they don't know me from the man in the moon.....even I submitted my entire history to them. (((((Sigh))))

But the really good news is that my insurance is still active! Yay! It paid for my visit but not the med. the pharmacist called but they declined stating too many fills? Didn't understand that excuse so keeping your post in mind Amy, I called when I got home. After a lengthy call and talking to several reps. I am getting reimbursed! Another Yay!!!