It is currently Tue Aug 22, 2017 1:18 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post subject: New to Boards- again.
PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2015 2:46 pm 
New Poster
New Poster

I too was a short time member a few years ago and lost log in- had to start with a new log in- just so you know I'm not a troll-
I have been on subs since 2006- suboxone film for most of that time until my insurance decided they weren't going to pay for the films anymore- they are covering the zubsolv due to an under the table hand out. Unfortunately the zubsolv nor any of the generics work for me- but I can't afford paying for the films out of pocket. I was doing great on the film at 4 mg in am and 4mg in pm. Then when I was told I had to switch to something else due to insurance denying payment, I was put on generics which didn't work at same dosage.
Now I find myself on 8mg three times a day to compensate for the crappy generics.
Have any of you had the same issue?
The only way to get off the subs is to taper down - how the heck do I taper with pills? Unfortunately there is no treatment program or detox to get off subs- (unless someone knows something I don't) I have even contemplated going back to oxy just to be accepted into a treatment program so I can detox off for good-
This is my disease talking I know-
I just don't know what to do-
The doctors all have investments in keeping their patients on subs- it's sad.
I am at my wits end and don't know what to do-
Any suggestions? I know some say cut the pills- I've tried that and end up having to take the full dose at some point anyway- I am at a complete loss.
I am sitting here in doc office waiting for him to come in now just to smile, write a script and charge me $300 for the visit.... It's a vicious cycle-
I have gained tons of weight too- close to 80lbs.
I'm just sick and tired of being sick and tired-
And no one listens because this is supposed to be the miracle drug- short term yes- but long term it becomes a nightmare-
I apologize for being a bit negative, I am just so tired of this and don't know what to do-
Any advice appreciated.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2015 8:40 pm 

Hi DaftUser and Welcome back to the forum. Your situation sounds terrible! Have tried to call every single doctor again to see if any one of them takes insurance as payment in full? I was able to find one in California, then we moved to Nevada and I found another one here. Just a regular GP/DO who also happens to prescribe Suboxone.

Aside from that, you say you want to taper but are still taking a very large amount daily. Do you go through withdrawals on a lesser dose or do you think it may just be the addict part of your brain sabotaging you? Meaning, I don't think the films will help if you can't cut down on the pills you're taking now. One must be ready to taper and stop or they're doomed for failure. You can read here how hard our members struggle to stay off Suboxone. Are you willing to go through what they are going through? That is the main question that needs a honest answer.

Once you're down to one pill, once per day, then we'll talk about some liquid measuring methods. Or just search for it and you'll find it.

Welcome back again and keep posting how you're doing.

rule

PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2015 7:26 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Daft user
I also had to switch to generic pills this past January. I opted to try zubsolv. Initially I didn't like it but then I found I had less pain on zub.

I think the trick to zub is to let it dissolve slowly and keep it in your mouth 15-30 minutes. Maybe if you try that you can adjust and begin a taper.

The other thing that came to mind is if you find a doctor that takes your insurance you can use the money you would have paid the doctor to pay for the films.

The other thing to try is have your doctor contact the insurance and say generics haven't been working for you and often the insurance will pay for films again.

It drives me crazy that insurance can override what a doctor orders!