It is currently Sat Aug 19, 2017 6:25 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post subject: A new beginning
PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2012 5:59 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Hi there, I am here to get as much information to help me through my escape from sub. It saved my life served its purpose but it is time for me to exit this train wreck. Found it such a double sided edge. I thought I had survived my w/ds from demerol and morphine. I was only to go to sub until I could get in my Prialt pain pump. I finally got it in and it takes my headaches to a livable state. I feel like a different person, but the sub doens't , mix well with it. It also isn't needed anylonger because I have a pain pump. So what am I told about, the horrors of half life and that my doctor didn't tell me anything about getting away from it. I truly believe because the minute I walked in their door I was a drug addict. First what is wrong with that? If someone is hurting they will self medicate. We are taught to do that from our first innoculation. Look for the quick way out. Take this. Why does being on too much pain medicaiton when your pain is so bad it barely stiffles it? Needless to say, I was treated without trust. Told I was going to cheat and do drugs outside what I was given. My only wrong was hurting due to a life altering car accident. My fault for being in a head-on and surviving. I am still being treated terribly for wanting off all the crap they put me on. It is a horrible situation, but I see the light. Off sub, and I am so lucky I have had no cravings or desire to use anything. My pump makes it tolerable so I have no need. Never liked the high. Great thing about sub it keep you feeling better with no high. You can't get high from it which is wonderful if you like the high it is a waste of effort trying. It really is the best thing and worst thing in life. But, for someone who has to escape drugs, it is the only option available and wonderful to have it. Well, thanks for listening to my whoa's. I hope you have a wonderful existance with sub. Live until you can be free of any opiate..... Then I hope you are able to live with the hope I am now reaching for.... W/d only thing in way now........

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2012 7:16 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Obviously you've been through alot. I'm not clear though, are you still on sub, or are you totally off it now and just on the Prialt pump? To be honest, I didn't know anything about it, so I did some research on it myself, mostly out of curiosity. It's an interesting concept. And you're doing OK without any of some of those nasty side effects? Did you have any in the beginning of your treatment like some people I've read about online did? Again, I'm just curious about the pump (no reason really).

Anyway, if you're totally off sub and doing well now, that's awesome and I'm glad you found what works for you to treat your chronic pain. Remember though, not everyone has the end goal of discontinuing suboxone treatment.

Take care and be well.

-I'm only responsible for what I say, not for what you understand.